2 Tier Brewstand With March Pump.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schooey that is real nice and neat!!!! Maybe I'll spend my Crudd money on some stainless tube, bending and flaring tools and a bunch more stainless fittings! If I really got motivated I could have my system as neat as yours!

thanks schooey for the pics and detail, like the return on the MLT, might pinch a lend of that if you don't mind :)
cheers to AndrewQld as well :beer:

Yard

thanks again fellas for the info :icon_cheers: , time to bend up the pipe work now, looking forward to Batz' constructive criticism on my pipe bending skills :p

pmp1.jpg

pmp2.jpg

Yard

:lol: yeah i know, it'll never fall off.

got a ton of it in the shed, nothing lighter at all so may as well use it up

You sure your not an Engineer as well Yardy? That's going to be one serious brew stand when its done. Are you going to put wheels on it? And I am being serious.

Andrew

Crickey, looks very weak, might have to add some extra brackets!

yeah yeah, when you get a load stainless given to you it's not polite to ask if they have any 25x25 angle to mount a pump on :icon_cheers:

You sure your not an Engineer as well Yardy? That's going to be one serious brew stand when its done. Are you going to put wheels on it? And I am being serious.

Andrew

not an engineer mate, i work for a living :D
i'll have to put some casters on it, that bloody bracket has made it too heavy to move :icon_cheers:

cheers
Yard

i managed to get the kettle finished, got it soaking in PBW atm

ket1.jpg

ket2.jpg

I also did a bit to Andrew's kettle, he said he's going to keep me supplied with his Coopers CDA clone for life ;)

bundy.jpg

i have one more of these that i'll be converting to a kettle, pm me if you're interested.

cheers
Yard

Bit of a bling factor with that polishing - WOW where's my sunnies :beerbang:

QldKev

Yardy, are you going to use the esky mash tun with the pump? or going to a keg style mash tun and HERMS?

Paul

Geeee Zusss Yard, farkin overengineered to say the least, global warming - shite no wonder, how much energy was consumed making that mount. And mate........lights on in the middle of the day. Switch off the lights, fill the glass, sit down in that chair and chill man :lol:

Still, makes beer ay, so thats oright.

Screwy

Edit: FM I just took a second look...........you've put foam between the clamp and the pump body.................why........You don't want it shaking your brew stand to bits :lol: :lol:

When I've cleaned it and drained it, it sometimes will take a minute or two of fiddling to get a prime, but no biggie... Once it's primed, it's always flooded, so never really a problem...

In the above pic, that bottom elbow on the left is now a tee, and there is a drain tap on the bottom. I might take a current pic later if I get time. That drain pretty much lets any air in the system be pulled through to the bottom, even the air trapped in the pump. So all I do is open the valve from the HLT to the pump, then open the drain tap, hit the pump switch, and off we go...

Schooey, Am I seeing right? Is your mash tun welded down? If so, how do you go about emptying it? Cheers

Nah mate, it sits inside 4 little tags welded to the chassis to locate it. It attaches with 2 barrel unions. Comes of in about 30 seconds

gday paul,

gravity fed to the MT and pump for recirc the mash and to the Kettle.

got a burner yet ?

Yard

mate, Ive had a 3 ring burner all along, just liked the look of your global warming burner that boils water in 1 minute, mine a bit slower than that.

you not going to herms then at the moment?

Paul

a couple of 309 electrodes and a cutting wheel, the rest was free, anymore armchair boilermakers ?

It truly is a thing of beauty yardy, I can't wait to see it finished and in action, brew day coming up? :icon_cheers:

gday paul,

gravity fed to the MLT and pump for recirc the mash and to the Kettle.

yeah shoulda read the tittle, was mainly asking bout the esky but I got it, keg MLT. Just like mine :D

when (if) I build it

It truly is a thing of beauty yardy, I can't wait to see it finished and in action, brew day coming up? :icon_cheers:

if there is, bloody better invite me (us) only 200 odd kays to yardys, I drive further to go to work :huh:

Paul

Back