2 Tier Brewstand With March Pump.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did a bit more to the 18 gal (68 litre) keggle today, cut a circle out of a piece of flat bar and bunged up the hole.

18keg2.jpg

18keg3.jpg

18keg4.jpg

will fit the tap tomorrow, really like how the bases are moulded on these kegs, very beneficial for wort removal.

cheers
Yard

did a bit more to the 18 gal (68 litre) keggle today, cut a circle out of a piece of flat bar and bunged up the hole.

will fit the tap tomorrow, really like how the bases are moulded on these kegs, very beneficial for wort removal.

cheers
Yard

Nice work Yardy, like the lid too, you gonna polish my keg up like that as well? :lol:

Sorry just had a Belgian :party:

As far as your pump goes, I've got ball valves screwed directly to it.

Andrew

Edit: removed pics

Nice work Yardy, like the lid too, you gonna polish my keg up like that as well? :lol:

Sorry just had a Belgian :party:

As far as your pump goes, I've got ball valves screwed directly to it.

Andrew

Thanks mate, thought i better try mine before i weld yours up :icon_cheers: , those old kegs have plenty of meat to weld to, can make 'em shiney as well.

Got your Belgian in the fridge, just about to go and try it out :icon_drunk:

good idea with the valves directly onto the pump, i'll have a quick gander next time

cheers
Yard

cheers
Yard

Very nice work there Yard, i think you will find they are 18 UK gal not US gal and therefore closer to 82 litres

Very nice work there Yard, i think you will find they are 18 UK gal not US gal and therefore closer to 82 litres

Ah, that's even better then, did a quick conversion on my phone and came up with 68lt.

cheers
Yard

Looks great, serious heavy duty handles that's for sure.

cheers Andrew, it's just a couple of bits 8mm round bar, I was going to put the handles off an old keg on it but i want to keep it clutter free, i've found the normal handles on kegs tend to catch a lot of dust (in my shed anyway) and can be a haven for nasties etc, this way there's nowhere for 'em to hide B)

cheers
Yard

cheers Andrew, it's just a couple of bits 8mm round bar, I was going to put the handles off an old keg on it but i want to keep it clutter free, i've found the normal handles on kegs tend to catch a lot of dust (in my shed anyway) and can be a haven for nasties etc, this way there's nowhere for 'em to hide B)

cheers
Yard

Hey, get any done today mate, lol. Pretty comfy at your bar, BTW. You want me to put a plug on that pump so you can play with it? or are you gonna wait till you wire up the rest of the system

Paul

Hey, get any done today mate, lol. Pretty comfy at your bar, BTW. You want me to put a plug on that pump so you can play with it? or are you gonna wait till you wire up the rest of the system

Paul

Nah mate, bloody Andrew feeding me Ales all arv just took the edge off my game :icon_cheers:

glad you enjoyed the few you had, pity you had to go but the brew day is on the horizon :icon_chickcheers:

cheers

Nah mate, bloody Andrew feeding me Ales all arv just took the edge off my game :icon_cheers:

glad you enjoyed the few you had, pity you had to go but the brew day is on the horizon :icon_chickcheers:

cheers
No probs, let us know if you need any electrical help

Paul

thanks paul, better come down for a weekend and we'll get the boys out and discuss it :chug: :icon_drunk:

Yeah, just what you need, a bunch of elecy tards telling the electrician what to do :p
if I had known you were an electrician Paul there's no way I would have shown off my fancy ( poorly wired) brew system.
hey, come to think of it you were pretty diplomatic :lol:

Andrew

Looks like it will be a sweet set up Yardie

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Cut

bent up the pickup pipe and fitted it, I'm hoping that after a good whirlpool, all the crud from the boil will sit in the recessed section in the middle and not in the outside where the pickup resides.

cheers

18keg6.jpg

Hey Yardie,

How far is the intake of the pickup below the actually out let in the keg? You could have those two at the same elevation because you will be leaving that volume behind anyway. Then if you get lots of light protein break you won't be transfering it. I know when I whirlpool I always end up with the really lite stuff that I can't get to the centre

3/4 cut

Yardy,

If you are pumping you will drain your kettle dry.

cheers

Darren

Hey Yard, can't really see any diff between your keg bottom and a kettle with a flat bottom as the centre drains to the outside where your pickup sits. After whirlpooling the trub should sit in the centre of the vessel as normal, can't imagine there would be any more drainage effect from the centre than would normally be the case with a flat bottom. Maybe you could cut a flap on the inside edge of your pickup as is found in lots of pickups used in flat bottomed vessels. Basically this is just an extension of one side of the pickup tube facing the centre of the vessel. Go with it, case of suck it and see, reckon it will be fine.

3/4cut, see your new, put your location in to your profile so we can see where you're from.

Screwy

Latest posts

Back