Yet Another Aus wide Bulk buy Grain mill- Malt Muncher (third time lu

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy to go with the group but I'd like to know how 20+ people on a forum are going to nail down a decision with all these options being thrown around.

As it stands we have 22 people who have agreed to spend ~$100 plus postage on the Malt Muncher, but haven't yet seen an official figure have we?

I guess we wait for the numbers to come in as that might make the path a bit clearer.

Kudzu said:
I'm happy to go with the group but I'd like to know how 20+ people on a forum are going to nail down a decision with all these options being thrown around.

As it stands we have 22 people who have agreed to spend ~$100 plus postage on the Malt Muncher, but haven't yet seen an official figure have we?

I guess we wait for the numbers to come in as that might make the path a bit clearer.
I'm thinking - wait for Golani to post some options, get a little feedback from those on the list, then take a vote between the standout "new" preference and original choice (MM)

i have a tight budget but if a better option comes up for a damn good price im happy to lax the tightness a bit

lmccrone said:
Your a good man Golani51, I got tipped out at the end of the last bulk buy (which was particularly bad, because I told my girlfriend i had brought one and had to put up with her having shits all weekend before I found out I had nothing!) As far as what mill we get I'm not too fussed happy to go with the flow assuming its a good deal.

Cheers
Do you mean the BB I arranged? If so I never tipped you out at all. I dont even recall your name ever being on the list?

Ok, we already have the mill discounted, but if we get an order for at least 8 units we'll do our wholesale pricing of $189.95 gst inc.

Cheers Ross

That'a fair chunk off the price of a great mill, if I was in the market I'd probably jump on that. Good thing is with a minimum number of 8 both camps should get what they want.

Ross said:
Ok, we already have the mill discounted, but if we get an order for at least 8 units we'll do our wholesale pricing of $189.95 gst inc.

Cheers Ross
I'll put my name down for 1 - Handles are sold separately for these aren't they???

That's a bit higher than I was hoping for. Not sure I want to go that far.

The appeal with this bulk buy is the price. While $189 is a great price for the mini mill, I thought we were looking for a $100 mill. So unless this bulk buy is for a malt muncher mill for around $100, I won't be participating. I think people are forgetting about freight from Craftbrewer to Victoria, then the cost of postage from Victoria. $12.50 postage was what the other bulk buy paid, I don't know what the freight would be for 22 mills would be, but the savings would disappear very quickly. Savings may only be $10 - $20. If this is the case I would rather deal directly with craftbrewer, as I have always had great service from them.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Ross said:

Cheers Ross
So I get an adjustable, superior mill for the original RRP as the cheaper mill we were looking at getting? Sounds like a good deal to me, and as I said earlier I'd much prefer to buy a kick arse mill once than an average mill two or three times.

Would be curious in others' opinions before committing, but I reckon I'd join Muddy and go with Ross's offer so far.

I spoke with Monster Mill in the US and they offered the following for the MM2. It is the base model without the hopper or handle.

The price would be $94 each with $63 shipping per two mills to the same address. That means you would not have to pay for posting locally or interstate. It would get straight to you. Great option if you have someone you know who also wants one. Overall it will be $251 per two shipped or $125.50 delivered

Shipping goes down to $6.50 each with a base and hopper when going ocean ($100.50 delivered per unit). It would take longer but nice savings. I would happily go down this path.

The way I look at it, I don't want the handle as I will motorise it anyway. Hopper is easy to make cheaply. It can be bought, and costs nothing more to ship.

This product is a beaut. Rollers are 1144 which is a far better material than 1018. Anyone who has this will tll you it is a great product. It is the base model from http://monsterbrewinghardware.com/products_main.html

What are your thoughts? I will contact Keg king and post their quote later today.

R

The MM2 is still not geared, means that overtime the idle roller can fail to grip and grain will not get pulled through properly. There are people on this forum who had this exact thing happen to their MM. Just thought I'd mention it as some might not be aware. There is a reason why geared mills are more expensive and generally longer lasting than non geared mills.

I'd be happy to split the mm2 with someone else between Sydney/Newcastle.
Also happy to stay with original plan on the keg king mill @ $100+ shipping as having the handle/hopper is handy.

1. Golani51 (Caulfield, VIC)

2. Rexi (Hobart, Tas)

3. eggs ( Croydon, Vic. work in Mulgrave)

4. 8-ball (brisbane Qld )

6. SamB (Caulfield, VIC)

7. Super Simian

8. MattC (Broken Hill, NSW)

9. eddy22 (Hampton 3188, Victoria)

10. nardcoooker

11. Aydos (Brighton, QLD)

12. Kudzu (Launceston, TAS)

13. Dan2 (PO box in Port Lincoln )

14. Lael (Sydney)

15. BobCharlie (Brisbane)

16. goldenchild (central coast nsw)

17. castilleau (Brisbane)

18. novaris (Mooroolbark, Vic)

19 Pats (adelaide, sa)

20 kahlerisms (Kew, Vic)

21 crtp (syd nsw)

22. Lmccrone (Ascot Vale, Vic)

I'm out - too much indecision for me, I need to make a plan for a mill and this is going nowhere at the moment - good luck with the bulk buy.
Cheers
LagerBomb

this bulk buy has been side tracked.if others want something else start your own bulk buy.

DU99 said:
this bulk buy has been side tracked.if others want something else start you own bulk buy.
Exactly my point - I signed up for a malt muncher mill -it may still end up being one, but too many people want too many different things. If it works out, well and good, but I am getting a not so good feeling about it.

I'm feeling similar to LagerBomb. I haven't been around here for long, so I'm sure my opinion doesn't hold much weight, but I've been on different forums that did bulk buys. They don't often work well as democracies.

Golani51, you did a good thing starting this buy but it's starting get out of hand. At this point I'd almost say it's worth ending this thread. You know there are 20+ people out there that want a mill. Pick a product, find out a price then start a new thread with the details. If it's a good product at a good price, then likely the same 20 will jump on board again.

I'm not opting out yet, but I'd like to know a decision is going to made soon.

I think youll find there 37 mills sold in the last Bulk buy
And 8 mills sold in the first ( i got one of these )
Why the indesision now There were no problems before

There is no issue here. I asked on behalf of a couple guys to delay the purchase a week or so. Whilst we are waiting I thought we could have a look around. As far as I am concerned personally the original mill is still the mill of choice. It cannot hurt to keep options open. No need to leave the bulk buy.

I'm keen on taking up Ross on his offer.
Never bothered looking into the options until now. I was just going with the flow. Didn't realise that most mills have only one driven roller. But the one from Ross is geared so both rollers are pulling the grain through. Pity the Monster mill 3 rollers aren't geared. That'd be cool.

Latest posts

Back