Yet Another Aus wide Bulk buy Grain mill- Malt Muncher (third time lu

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golani51 said:
There is no issue here. I asked on behalf of a couple guys to delay the purchase a week or so. Whilst we are waiting I thought we could have a look around. As far as I am concerned personally the original mill is still the mill of choice. It cannot hurt to keep options open. No need to leave the bulk buy.
I've got no issue waiting a week or so, it'd just be nice if it was confirmed what we are actually buying and for what price.

EDIT: I think it would also make sense for anyone who wants to take Ross up on his offer to start a new thread and remove themselves from this list. At least then we'll know who wants what.

Truman said:
Do you mean the BB I arranged? If so I never tipped you out at all. I dont even recall your name ever being on the list?
Nope I ment the BB stevenger aranged in early feb. Bit harsh to say he tipped me out actually, there where 12 of us and the price came out a little more expencive then he thought so he made an executive decision and only got 8 (or something like that) after that it was first in best dressed, such is life.

Also after having a look at the different mills on offer and considering the coments made so far I'd say my prefrence is for the $100 jobbie from keg king, i just dont think i need a top of the line mill for the amount of grain i will be milling. So I'll wait and see which way the group goes but thats my prefrence although Golani is doing the work so its really his call. What would be good though is if we could look at having a date when this will be decided so I dont need to check back evey day just to make sure I dont miss out.

Cheers

At this point I am also happy with the KKing mill. Any mill that fails after several hundred kg is a sad mill indeed. We are not crushing granite.
The entire geared roller thing has been discussed to death on the threads. I do not think it will make such a difference. Good beer was made well before geared mills came about.

I will assume we have 20 happy with the KKing mill and will call tomorrow. I will post bank details in one week and speak to KKing to ensure they have enough in stock and they will go ahead with the bulk buy.
Everyone smiling??

Stuff the other mills just go with the kk one as thats what we all originally signed up for

I'm also still keen for the KK mill.

To avoid confusion, I agree with Kudzu, perhaps those who want something different that what was originally proposed should start a new thread.

I have a marga mill that works fine at the moment, but its on its way out, thats why Im jumping on this BB as its the right price for me at present. Malt muncher for me thanks.

Cheers

I'll be in for this as well. MM Mill with hopper and handle, thanks.

1. Golani51 (Caulfield, VIC)
2. Rexi (Hobart, Tas)
3. eggs ( Croydon, Vic. work in Mulgrave)
4. 8-ball (brisbane Qld )
6. SamB (Caulfield, VIC)
7. Super Simian
8. MattC (Broken Hill, NSW)
9. eddy22 (Hampton 3188, Victoria)
10. nardcoooker
11. Aydos (Brighton, QLD)
12. Kudzu (Launceston, TAS)
13. Dan2 (PO box in Port Lincoln )
14. Lael (Sydney)
15. BobCharlie (Brisbane)
16. goldenchild (central coast nsw)
17. castilleau (Brisbane)
18. novaris (Mooroolbark, Vic)
19 Pats (adelaide, sa)
20 kahlerisms (Kew, Vic)
21 crtp (syd nsw)
22. Lmccrone (Ascot Vale, Vic)
23. esssee (Sunbury, Vic)

2. Rexi (Hobart, Tas)
6. SamB (Caulfield, VIC)
7. Super Simian
10. nardcoooker
14. Lael (Sydney)
19 Pats (adelaide, sa)
20 kahlerisms (Kew, Vic)
21 crtp (syd nsw)

Golani - Thanks for getting this started. I would've gotten into AG in a few months anyway, but this has given me the little push needed to get geared up now. After doing a bit of research though, I've decided to go with the Craftbrewer option.

Cheers

Esssee, the bulk buy is for the kk malt muncher, not the monster mill. I believe that considering both the kk mill and the monster mill essentially run the same (different roller sizes), they should perform the same too. Also, I'm not too phased on the rollers not being stainless as my grain is always crushed dry and I never wet the mill either, its always dry.

2. Rexi (Hobart, Tas)
6. SamB (Caulfield, VIC)
7. Super Simian
10. nardcoooker
14. Lael (Sydney)
19 Pats (adelaide, sa)
20 kahlerisms (Kew, Vic)
21 crtp (syd nsw)

Golani - thanks mate for starting this - but I'll also try to get on a bulk buy option from Craftbrewer

Ok brewers.....

To make it easier for you guys get back on track, we've offered up 8 Mashmaster geared roller mills on our website for just $189.95 under our Deal Of The Moment http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=4227
So no need to get 8 of you together or have them shipped via Melbourne, but it will be strictly first come first served & we will not be extending past the 8 mills on offer - So get in quick if interested in owning one of these fantastic mills at a never to be repeated price!!!

Cheers Ross

Great work Ross, your really on top of your game. Anyone that wants the mashmaster mill go get it of Ross for an unbeatable price and take your name of the list (unless of course you want both). Now lets get back to getting the original bulk buy that was originally proposed.

They had about 80 in stock when I did my BB so unless he's sold a heap since then should have enough still.

Hello all:

Having spoken to Keg King (nice guys btw) the prices are $108.90 including GST when we order 20 or more. I will post bank details tonight late and I will collect Monday in a little over a week. The sooner the payments are submitted, the sooner I can collect, but please ensure payments are in by Saturday 16th.

Everyone smiling now?

The list as I have it is:
2. Rexi (Hobart, Tas)
5. SamB (Caulfield, VIC)
6. Super Simian
7. MattC (Broken Hill, NSW)
8. eddy22 (Hampton 3188, Victoria)
9. nardcoooker
10. Aydos (Brighton, QLD)
11. Kudzu (Launceston, TAS)
12. Lael (Sydney)
13. goldenchild (central coast nsw)
14. castilleau (Brisbane)
15. novaris (Mooroolbark, Vic)
16 Pats (adelaide, sa)
17 kahlerisms (Kew, Vic)
18 crtp (syd nsw)
19. Lmccrone (Ascot Vale, Vic)
20. esssee (Sunbury, Vic)
21. Lagerbomb (Are you in??)

Please check and confirm your name is on the list if you do intend to take up the offer.
I will confirm shipping with Aust Post in morning, but they will be shipped on Tuesday morning.

Golani51,
Many thanks for running this group buy. I have opted to take Ross up on his offer of the discounted Mashmaster. As such, I will not be taking part in the group buy.

Thanks for your efforts though.

New list

2. Rexi (Hobart, Tas)
5. SamB (Caulfield, VIC)
6. Super Simian
7. MattC (Broken Hill, NSW)
8. eddy22 (Hampton 3188, Victoria)
9. nardcoooker
10. Aydos (Brighton, QLD)
11. Kudzu (Launceston, TAS)
12. Lael (Sydney)
13. goldenchild (central coast nsw)
15. novaris (Mooroolbark, Vic)
16 Pats (adelaide, sa)