Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
German Wheat

Original Gravity (OG): 1.045 (°P): 11.2
Final Gravity (FG): 1.011 (°P): 2.8
Alcohol (ABV): 4.42 %
Colour (SRM): 4.6 (EBC): 9.1
Bitterness (IBU): 15.2 (Average)

44.19% Pale Ale Malt
44.19% Wheat Malt
11.63% Munich I

1.3 g/L Tettnanger (4% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 60 Minutes. Boil for 60 Minutes

Fermented at 20°C with Danstar Munich

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

nothing like a wheat beer "andrew" light in hops..enjoyable

Schwarzbier fermented with US05 for 14 days. Even the wife likes it. I am sure it has many faults but I can't tell so am happy

1425346399931.jpg

Just gassed up the saison. Im calling her Buffy the Saison Killer as she is a funky, tart and spicy girl... oh and with a big citrus (tangerine) and hop hit.

My 'sessionable' saison turned out at 7.8%...

Its a really funky taste, and im not sure whether its the herbs, the Belle Saison yeast at 24C, or an infection...

I think it is. But being the first time I have used this yeast I'm not familiar with the flavour profile.

mosaic apa - tasty, got a similar two fermenting one that's mosaic, citra, galaxy and the other mosaic and citra

fyi nizmoose this was bottled not long after coming out of the fridge at 4degC then bulk primed into a room temp keg and then room temp bottles and popped in the pantry - 60gms table sugar for 20ltrs, carbonation looks just about right to me

That looks great Droid. I love Mosaic, did an all Mosaic IPA, it is going to become my house IPA for sure.

IMG_20150305_175636.jpg

Shelter My Pale Ale - APA. One of my best brew's. Full of Citra, Galaxy, Cascade and Amarillo.

Have really struggled to get hop flavor and aroma into my beers so tried the 0 min addition at 80C method. Am amazed at the difference. Will need to do a few more brews to confirm but the initial test worked a treat!!

Cheers Jefin

My Hefe is back from the dead! Aka: I forgot I also bottled some.. Quite a pleasant surprise and perfect beer for the warm arvo, probably one of my best brews so far, the 3638 yeast is amazing at 17-18!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1425706788.740883.jpg

Also just mashed in an Centennial Red Ale I'm making for my brother, so due to my labor intensive method of mashing in, this glass is almost gone.. Will have to search for some more!

Harry, don't you dare finish off that Hefe before I've had a chance to get over there and try it!

...mine is in the bottle and will be ready in 2 - 3 weeks. We'll do a comparison.

AImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1425709344.388306.jpg

Cascara IPA while watching Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks. Life is good.

menoetes said:
Harry, don't you dare finish off that Hefe before I've had a chance to get over there and try it!

...mine is in the bottle and will be ready in 2 - 3 weeks. We'll do a comparison.
All good I believe I have 5 bottles left (hopefully), also have a stout, a mild and rye saison for you as well.

Comparison sounds good though, will be interesting to see the differences

The corpulent cherub in the moonlight, before and after.
Plague of vinegar flies after all the rain, need a glass protector to stop the suicidal feckers.
IMG_4125.jpg
IMG_4122.jpg

American Amber Ale 5 - improved recipe from my National Gold Medal Beer.

Solid example of the Style!

American Amber Ale HBM15.jpg

oh and 2 seconds after this photo the Pint glass fell over onto the lawn. :unsure:

its looks very dark, photo was taken on dusk....i think the ebc was 29.

Pratty1 said:
American Amber Ale 5 - improved recipe from my National Gold Medal Beer.

Solid example of the Style!

attachicon.gif
American Amber Ale HBM15.jpg

oh and 2 seconds after this photo the Pint glass fell over onto the lawn. :unsure:

its looks very dark, photo was taken on dusk....i think the ebc was 29.
What were the improvements Pratty? You AAA is next on my brew list.

Back