VIC-Xmas 2016 Case-Swap Recipe (Cocko's place)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My vote doesn't count - because I never turn up.

If I do get there I'll be happy with whatever.

But I was leaning towards the Pliny

Westvleteren 12 clone

1. technobabble66
2. JB
3. DJ_L3thAL

Pliny the Elder clone

I like where this is heading.

Westvleteren 12 clone

1. technobabble66
2. JB
3. DJ_L3thAL
4. VP Brewing

Pliny the Elder clone

Westvleteren 12 clone

1. technobabble66
2. JB
3. DJ_L3thAL
4. VP Brewing
5. MartinOC

Pliny the Elder clone

I "MAY" be able to source some appropriate Dark Candi Syrup in bulk, but don't hang your hats on it just yet. That's something I've got the Boss onto atm & everything is currently in the negotiation-phase.

I'll come back to you....

Don't know that it's required on the day; I usually add candy during the ferment once the beer has hit 1025 odd and then in stages over a few days.

I hope to be getting my hands dirty helping brew this one, if John will let me.

Looking like the Westy clone has the popular vote so far! See how it pans out over the next few days & if it continues to be this one sided we'll call it.

Martin, that'd be fantastic if you could get the D180, especially if it comes in at a bargain price! (No biggie if not, though) Would you like a list set up to get EOI for it for this brew?

@ malt junkie, yep that's what I'd planned for, adding the syrup at ~3/4's through the fermentation. That way anyone who wants to do something different with their cube can do so, including trying out a different syrup. Hell, you could throw 100+g of hops into the cube and still come away with a DIPA or Imperial IPA.

And my plan is to delegate like crazy. So there'll definitely be things to dirty your hands on [emoji6]

EDIT: we could even call it: KangaFlateren 12 [emoji41]

Westvleteren 12 clone

1. technobabble66
2. JB
3. DJ_L3thAL
4. VP Brewing
5. MartinOC
6. WarmerBeer

Pliny the Elder clone

Dunno if this is going to bump me up the "cubers" list. Last time I looked, I was Reserve #47.

Westvleteren 12 clone

1. technobabble66
2. JB
3. DJ_L3thAL
4. VP Brewing
5. MartinOC
6. WarmerBeer

Pliny the Elder clone
1. AJ80 (but only because I've already got a cube of westy12 waiting for a yeast cake...)

Out of interest, who organised the last one? Was that you, Martin?

I'm keen to get an idea of the numbers used/estimated - volumes, efficiency, losses, etc.
Namely the estimates & then what actually occurred.

Cheers

(AJ80, of course you've got a westy12 in a cube! :lol: BTW, you could always use a different syrup (D90 for example) and make a different one (Westy 8, for example ... just saying. Though i can definitely appreciate you're probably keen for a non-Belgian beer by now :ph34r: )

Westvleteren 12 clone

1. technobabble66
2. JB
3. DJ_L3thAL
4. VP Brewing
5. MartinOC
6. WarmerBeer
7. Mardoo
8. Nullnvoid (It sounds like double dutch with what needs to happen but it's peaked my interest)

Pliny the Elder clone
1. AJ80 (but only because I've already got a cube of westy12 waiting for a yeast cake...)

technobabble66 said:
Out of interest, who organised the last one? Was that you, Martin?
Yeah, I put the recipe together & sourced most of the malts, but basically left everyone who had gear there (since they already know their kit) & was willing to help, actually execute the plan & just get on with it....Apart from Voldemort's interjections.... :rolleyes:

I stepped-in a couple of times to offer suggestions, coordinate & make "executive decisions" ;) , but it pretty-much worked itself-out.

BTW guys, as of today, CB can source C-180 Candi Syrup if you want it. I was kinda-sorta hoping we could get a bulk supply to reduce costs, but it'd be just too hard to coordinate a split on the day (not to mention messy!), so it's gonna have to come in 450g sachets. They're pretty exy (probably about $15-$17 per pouch-TBA), but we can do it.

We're only planning on getting-in the dark & light syrups (ie. not the full range), so if you want some lighter stuff, lemme know & I'll see what I can do for you.

I'll need to know interested numbers ASAP, as our supplier is about to place an order & we need to jump on the opportunity before the event.

Yep, that's the stuff.

However, rather than over-committing with big orders of too much/many, we're just going to "test" the market with a couple of them first & see how it goes.

I "can" ask for some D-240, but can't make any firm committments. Dunno if they'll supply.

OK, I'd love to have a go with some 240, if you can get it. I ordered their full range a couple years ago. I was contemplating going for distributorship. They're fantastic syrups with some good subtlety in there. Too bad we can't just get a cube of it!

Candisyrup D-180 syrup

Mardoo: 3

A cube+ from another supplier we can possibly do, but like I said, it's likely to be very messy to do a split on the day.

Dunno volumes or prices.

Leave it with me...

A cube+ from another supplier we can possibly do, but like I said, it's likely to be very messy to do a split on the day.

Dunno volumes or prices.

Leave it with me...

Latest posts

Back