Vic 2015 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What date was it again??? hopefully it doesn't clash with my Masters Graduation day..phew 5th December works.. My graduation is the week after.. guess I gotta get my arse into gear and brew a beer for the swap.. !! still haven't started on the last swap beers !!

Might do a Dragon fruit Berliner weisse ?? ...

MartinOC said:
Righty-ho gents..Two months out. We need to organise catering & accommodation.

I'm happy to bring a swag & sleep wherever (compared to sleeping in a Malaysian tea plantation on the side of a mountain with my feet jammed up against a tree to stop from slipping-down the hill, this will be a breeze!).

Since AJ80 did such a stirling job last time, I vote he does it again. :beerbang: Why screw with a well-established success?

I've got the donated marquee, tarps & lots of stuff left over from the winter case swap in Kinglake. Details TBA.
Hehe. Happy to consult with whoever feels like taking the reins on the food front - few lessons learned from last time I'd be happy to share.

AJ80 said:
Hehe. Happy to consult with whoever feels like taking the reins on the food front - few lessons learned from last time I'd be happy to share.
Not playing this time AJ? :(

Will be there with bells on Martin, but unfortunately have to make a pretty early exit at 530pm due to prior commitments (it's a busy time of the year!). planning to brew my swap beer this week if I can get my act together. If all goes well, it'll be my most out there swap brew yet...

OK, no problem...except it leaves us with a quest for a catering officer for the weekend....

Who's willing to put their hand-up for this one? 'Should be pretty simple - Spit roast & salads in rolls for the main chow-down. Warm weather doesn't require a lot..

AJ80 said:
Hehe, he has done his time. It is time to pass the baton

MartinOC said:
OK, no problem...except it leaves us with a quest for a catering officer for the weekend....

Who's willing to put their hand-up for this one? 'Should be pretty simple - Spit roast & salads in rolls for the main chow-down. Warm weather doesn't require a lot..
You just HAD to bring it up didn't you...

BYO salad requirements....

Yob said:
You just HAD to bring it up didn't you...

BYO salad requirements....
Huh?? You mean salads?

OK, OK, I'll do salads if that's your beef/pork/chicken/buffalo/yak/snails... :huh:

We have a winner/catering officer in Yob!

I love it when a plan comes together.

'Going to bed now...I feel like shit..

I am happy to help out, so I can bring pulled pork, rolls and coleslaw (man's salad).

If I can make it which I think I can I can probably get wifey to cook something she will probably come along

Yeah have to agree with Madhu ...snags in rolls ..some blinging salad wallah
brekky bacon n eggs ..breakfast of champions !!

So im guessing martin is in charge of incendiary / flare devices and general arsonist duties again :)

question about the shed etc
is there any room for small tent ..as I don't have a swag
is there toilets etc etc

just trying to work out accomadation etc etc

Mick

1. Idzy
2. VPBrewing
3. MartinOC - Scotch Ale (Not the Bummock beer, another one)
4. JB
5. Micbrew
6. Mayor of Mildura
7. Black n Tan
8. Midnight Brew
9. Brewnut
10. AJ80 (Portlander Weiße - west coast IPA vs Berliner Weisse)
11.Nullnvoid
12. Grainer
13. GrumpyPaul
14. Mudd
15.Awesome Fury
17. Whiteferret
20. Yob (if I can make it)
22. Mardoo
23. DJ_L3ThAL
24. Host Spot

CUBISTS:
1. Whiteferret
2. VPBrewing
3. Mardoo
4. MartinOC
5. Yob
6. JB
7. Micbrew
8. Mayor of Mildura
9. Awesome Fury
10. DJ_L3ThAL
11. Nullnvoid
12. Idzy
13. Black n Tan
14. Midnight Brew
15. Brewnut
16. AJ80
17. GrumpyPaul
18. Grainer
19. Mudd

There is plenty of room in the shed top set up beds but there is no where that you could drive the tent pegs in. We are working with a gravel driveway and concrete floor in the shed. They is dedicatedly going to be toilets though.
Definately no incendiary or flares etc. Going out on a limb to host and don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves.
Pretty sure egg and bacon breakfast is a must. Pulled pork rolls and coleslaw sounds awesome. Maybe I could grab some fresh bakery rolls and we cook a variety of BBQd meats to fill it.

I think we have a catering plan. Nice & simple & sourced locally.

Don't worry, no flares or bangs this time 'round. How about a brazier for later in the day for everyone to stand around? BYO wood?

1. Idzy
2. VPBrewing
3. MartinOC - Scotch Ale (Not the Bummock beer, another one)
4. JB
5. Micbrew
6. Mayor of Mildura - Stouty Stout - Bottled 20-9-15
7. Black n Tan
8. Midnight Brew
9. Brewnut
10. AJ80 (Portlander Weiße - west coast IPA vs Berliner Weisse)
11.Nullnvoid
12. Grainer
13. GrumpyPaul
14. Mudd
15.Awesome Fury
17. Whiteferret
22. Mardoo
23. DJ_L3ThAL
24. Host Spot

CUBISTS:
1. Whiteferret
2. VPBrewing
3. Mardoo
4. MartinOC
5. Yob
6. JB
7. Micbrew
8. Mayor of Mildura
9. Awesome Fury
10. DJ_L3ThAL
11. Nullnvoid
12. Idzy
13. Black n Tan
14. Midnight Brew
15. Brewnut
16. AJ80
17. GrumpyPaul
18. Grainer
19. Mudd

Looks like everything is coming together. Me and Patto have booked into the honeymoon suite at the echuca hilton. We'll be over there friday night. So can help setting things up. Let us know.

Latest posts

Back