Vic 2015 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can't make the last weekend of november. Already have commitments. December would be great.

Yob
Nullnvoid
MartinOC
GrumpyPaul
DJ_L3THAL
Brewnut
Whiteferret but I'm OK for November as well.
Mayor of Mildura
Awesome Fury

November:

JB
Mudd
Micbrew

Mardoo
Black n Tan

Copy/paste as per usual protocols...

December:

Yob
Nullnvoid
MartinOC
GrumpyPaul
DJ_L3THAL
Brewnut
Mayor of Mildura
Awesome Fury
AJ80 (likewise, already committed last weekend in November)

November:

JB
Mudd
Micbrew
Mardoo
Black n Tan

December:

Yob
Nullnvoid
MartinOC
GrumpyPaul
DJ_L3THAL
Brewnut
Mayor of Mildura
Awesome Fury
AJ80 (likewise, already committed last weekend in November)
Idzy

November:

JB
Mudd
Micbrew
Mardoo
Black n Tan

Well it looks like a pattern is developing.

Shall we call it?

I'll make the call to Tracy and Bruce and get it locked in.

Need to also start on the finer details, meals, recipe etc.

If we don't go for something high gravity... A break from tradition... We can get up to 1000lt from the system so 2 cubes each.

We can go with s bandicoot recipe or define our own, not been discussed with them yet.

Woot! I bottled my swap beer yesterday. Good to see that I can put it to good use.

1000 liters of IPA sounds good.

What is the plan for staying the night? A quick google showed up a few hotels close by. Are swags an option there?

Call it. Pretty clear and it'd be a shame if MOM couldn't come.

Bandicoot's Rusty Pale Ale. Fantastic beer if they'll share the recipe. May as well be called an IPA.

Hi all

Happy to call it and lock in Saturday the 5th of December

Camping
At this stage camping is pretty much just swags on the ground out the front or back of the brewery. We are however working on possible gaining the use of a vacant nearby shed for swags or a nearby paddock for camping. Trying our best to accommodate but unfortunately we do have some limitations. Definitely recommend the motel option as we have two well within staggering opps walking distance being about 100m and 200m away, only issue is it is across the highway. I recon it would be good to have the creature comforts of a shower etc. in the morning, along with the opening up the possibility of bringing the family and making a weekend of it.
Closest is accommodation
All Rivers Motor Inn – 115 Northern Highway about 100m away
Echuca Rivergum Motel – 85 Northern Highway about 200m away

Beer
Like any new brew system we are still learning and working out its limitations etc. We can easily boil 1000L but with a big beer we may need to go less as not to max out the mash tun, like to play it a bit same on the day. We are going to attach a hose to the kettle so we can fill straight into the cubes hot using butterfly valve to control the flow. We are unable to cool the cubes though so recon may be better with something more malt driven rather than hoppy. I like the idea of the RIS but obviously happy to go with whatever we decide.

Also Yob, I do have my homebrew gear even though I have a commercial brewery. Parting with my homebrew stainless fermenters would be like parting with a child or pet, once a homebrewer always a homebrewer. Therefore I am definitely keen for a cube or 2 or 3 anyway you get the message.

Glad you love our Pale Ale Mardoo, unfortunately probable not an option to brew as it uses Citra in the recipe. We have a limited supply that was extremely hard to acquire and sorry not keen to part with any.

Cheers

Tracey

Hay Tracey, well make sure to organise all ingredients so as not to impact your goods on site. The Mob usually gets it together all right in the end.

As far as food goes, there is usually an accompanying thread or group PM that gets going and we all pitch in to cover the needs, if you have a favourite butcher up there , let us know as sourcing stuff locally is always a good option.

I'll buzz you later in the week and discuss a few recipe options.

Cheers

Awesome! Thanks heaps for your hospitality Tracey...

In terms of accommodation both sounds great and after the mud, rain, and siberian temps of King Lake, we have some battle hardened brewers on our hands!

We are looking good at the moment to gain the use of a adjacent shed which we can set up swags etc. but most of all it will give us a lot more space for the day.

OK, who's up for T-Shirts for this one (or shall we keep it as a "Winter-Swap-only" phenomenon)? Curly79 has a local contact who can do it, but we need suitable artwork/wordage & a deadline.

'Buggered if I can think of anything that rhymes with Echuca right now, or otherwise suitably alliterative.....

"Pilsner in a Paddock" comes to mind... But then if we end-up doing a Schwarzbier, we're going to look like a bunch of right plonkers! Try rhyming/alliterating that one Grumpy Paul (hint!).. ;)

Anyone got any other ideas, or do we wait until the recipe decision is finalised?

As long as 'plonk' isn't part of the wording :blink:

Bandiccot Bummock.png

Yob said:
Id be keen for a continuation on the Bummock Series..

Bummock Bandicoot...
Isn't "Bummock" kinda specific to Scotch ales, or are you suggesting a bit of stretching of the interpretation to generically cover all festive AHB gatherings to brew beer? Besides, there's only so much catchy rhyming & alliteration to be squeezed out of the letter "B".....

Unless we go with "Bummock - Xmas 2015: @#$%^" ..."Bummock - Winter 2016: #$%^&*"...etc...etc...?

Thoughts?

OK, point-taken. I guess it'll be come to be known/associated with Victorian AHB case-swap brews henceforth...the Banana-Benders don't do anything like this

'Still leaves my other questions on how to deal with the T-Shirts for this one in less than 2 months. Recipe-specific or geographically-specific?

Oh! the choices & decisions!!!! Throw me a bone here, guys!

Latest posts

Back