Vic 2007 X-mas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next swap I guarantee to make just an easy drinker, a little bit less with the experiments. :D.

Q

Ditto. The house standard will be my next contribution so you can see that I am capable of making beer! :D

There will be 3 of us carrying our cases in on the tram together :D
...unless I get the motivation to drop them off, drive home, and tram back.

...so we can bring a keg? (I have no bottles for the day)

i think im sorted everyone will get 2 stubbies each both different biabs a nugget powered apa & a strong nz saaz pil ill also bring 1/2 doz of the longnecks that were going to be the x-case , a bottle of homebrew scotch & some 1kg of eye fillet that fell off the back of a truck

if anyones driving through rosanna on the day i wondering if theres any chance of a lift ?

OK, I should be bottling my case swap beer tomorrow night!

I tasted the beer I originally intended for the swap (a Helles) the other day and I'm not sure its totally stuffed after all! Do you guys attending the swap day want me to chuck a bottle of my Helles in for a taste test?

I'll put a bottle of the Helles in with my swap beers and you can chill it down on swap day as quick as possible, drinkt it, and then perhaps make judgments later on whether I put the right beer in for the swap!

cheers,

Andrei

Yeah, toss in a bottle or two. We can give it a taste test. Many sets of taste buds are better than one.

Don't be frightened to bring along beers that aren't perfect people... we are brewers all and how often are you going to get a chance to have so many educated and aware palates help you to nail down that "funny" taste.

Bring some good ones too though :)

Thirsty

/me hope he doesn't get a reapeat of beer all over the lounge room walls with the koelsch like the ipa from the last swap :p

2 more sleeps

-Phill

I dont really have enough of any 1 thing to bring so im just going to bring a mixture and people can try what they want. None are sh*t but there is 1 or 2 that are dissappointing and im happy for advise/comment/pisstaking :) Im also debating whether a few bottles of 2month old RIS is worth bringing. probably still too green.

anyone out the eastern burbs way that wants to use my place as a drop-off? Im taking 4 caseswaps (incl mine) at the moment and have room for another 2 or so. PM soon as your running out of time......

Also Spills/Thirsty - any idea of how long the actual brewmaking on thday will take??? The missus is hassling me for an approx finish time.

Yay! bottled my case swap beer - my backup Hefeweizen is now ready to go! Judging by my last Hefe it should be good to drink in 3-4 weeks from now.

I'm more confident this will be a good beer than my original attempt at a Munich Helles. I will chuck 2 bottles of the Helles in with my case swap when I drop it off with citymorgue2. One of these bottles will be a PET with Mark_m's schraeder bottle cap. I hope you case-swappers will chill it down quick and have a go at it on swap day. I tasted one last weekend and its not quite the disaster I thought it was at bottling time.

Have fun on swap day. I think this case swap is going to be awesome... I'm looking forward to tasting some great beers :)

Andrei

A normal brewday for me from Mash-In to Cube-In is usually between 3 and four hours (depending on how much I forget to do or stuff up):

60minute mash
10minute mash-out
30minute sparge & bring to boil
90minute boil
10minute pfaff
10minute kettle drain

I'm guessing Thirsty Boy will want to ignore the sparge, but he will still want to bring the liquid to a boil, so those timings should be good enough for wife work.

If you're wanting to be here for the whole brew less cleaning, I reckon you wouldn't want to leave before 16:00.

Thanks. I was planning on sticking around to help do at least some of the clean up, so I tell the missus I'll be at least until 4.00pm. afterall there's some drinking to be done as well as brewing!

see evryone tomorrow.

T Minus 24hours.

This will be large. Im dreading sunday morning already.

I fly back in tonight from Perth and get to Tullamarine at 23:30. What time are you mashing in?

Rook

i know Peels and i will be there approx 11.30am, so i'd say mash in starts around then. be good to meet ya finally rookstar.

i know Peels and i will be there approx 11.30am, so i'd say mash in starts around then. be good to meet ya finally rookstar.

Likewise Fents, it will be good to finally meet the mad bomber supporter :D

rook

Latest posts

Back