Vic 2007 X-mas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allright, an auction. There is some chance that one of us will get drunk enough to buy a house. It should be set aside in perpetuity as the permanent venue for the case swap. Lets see if we can drive the price up to a million (sadly might not have to try too hard)

Do you think we can extort money from the auctioneer to not stagger through his proceedings chundering on the shoes of the bidders?

A technicolour yawn may be taken as a bid if the auctioneer sees it.

The actual auction is happening the same day that Thirsty Boy and I are making party kegs at G&G (shameless plug!!). I did think it was only fair though that I warn the vendor there would be a bunch of homebrewers staggering around the place while potential purchasers inspected his property, which will be happening at around the time you are expected to arrive.

I interpreted his response to mean that he might not be happy selling to someone who would not want to live next door to a homebrewer.

Mind you, he's never tried my beer and he is committed to selling.

Chris - do you think I need more beer on offer?

Lucas re drop off point, I can take yours - PM sent. give me a call.

I wish I had a party keg to bring my drinking supply (rather than more bloody bottles).... so Spills I think I will be taking you up on the shameless party keg plug when it comes time!

bad news fellas me x-case has a six bottle dent in it while ive been on holidays some of my mates have been using my pool & shed/bar & when my keg ran dry they filled the fridge with bottled beer six of which were x-case they were unmarked so i spose its my fault anyway im down to 18 bottles so option [A] rebottle 12 750s into 24 stubbies bring 2 batches of 12 bottles [C] bring 2 batches of 24 stubbies as i dont have 24 750s of any 1 batch any ideas thoughts ?

bad news fellas me x-case has a six bottle dent in it while ive been on holidays some of my mates have been using my pool & shed/bar & when my keg ran dry they filled the fridge with bottled beer six of which were x-case they were unmarked so i spose its my fault anyway im down to 18 bottles so option [A] rebottle 12 750s into 24 stubbies bring 2 batches of 12 bottles [C] bring 2 batches of 24 stubbies as i dont have 24 750s of any 1 batch any ideas thoughts ?

I'm Happy for B or C, whats in the bottles on offer? ;)

Q

I've just tasted the beer that is currently serving and will be available on Saturday. I'm really disappointed and have dry-hopped the bejesus out of the party keg full that will be on offer in an attempt to get something worth drinking.

So, if you were wondering whether or not to bring something, the answer is YES.

well i was undecided weather to bring the keg, you just made up my mind. you got a soda stream with a gas QD yes? i remember someone else saying their bringing one too and theyll have spare gas and a gun..

ummm hairofdog. no idea. bring beer for swap...

spills im sure your just being harsh on yourself.... im sure people r bringing supplied anyway so it will be fine. buggered if i kow what im bringin as i havent brewed any summer beer yet. my problem is less than others though so i wont complain.....

Just do option B mate, its easiest im sure no one will mind getting a stubby.

No - my gas system is all non-standard (ie: schraeder), so if you're wanting a QD, you won't get any joy in this house unless you bring your own...

well i was undecided weather to bring the keg, you just made up my mind. you got a soda stream with a gas QD yes? i remember someone else saying their bringing one too and theyll have spare gas and a gun..

A few things X-mas case....

Spills - do you wanna try doing a Randal on that beer you are disappointed with? We can use my filter and case and swap the hops if/when we get bored.

Fents - I have a SS set-up and i will probably bring it along, along with assorted JG fittings and a splitter. There should be enough gas for all. I have QDs

On the Day Brew session - I wondered if anyone had some input about the type of hop to use? Remeber the grain bill is going to be

85% Pilsner
10% Wheat
5% Munich

Brewed for light-medium body and an OG of about 1.050. I shall purchase fine continental malts.

So that its nice and flexible. Should be able to fenagle that grain bill into a summer ale, a blonde ale, a pilsner, a golden strong (with some sugar) a trippel, aussie pale ale, kolsch..

I was thinking that a medium bitterness with something noble would be good. You can add some dry hop or hop tea if you want different. So my suggestion is that we use Saaz to about 25 ibu with nice standard 60-20-5 additions. I coincidentally have a bloody shitload of Saaz... if anyone wants some, sing out. I have just shy of 1kg to give away.

See you on the 24th

Spills - do you wanna try doing a Randal on that beer you are disappointed with? We can use my filter and case and swap the hops if/when we get bored.

Not bothering to measure - I've thrown some cascade flowers and some amarillo pellets in there - in goodly amounts given it is only seven litres of beer. I'm happy to experiment, and can probably come up with another similar quantity to play with if necessary. The beer is very malty, so there is no amount of hops that could ruin it. We should play.

I will have plenty of Belgian strongs and perhaps a little mead to wipe people out with in case of emergency...

gees guys sounds like alot of beer, and here i am without a lift, hmmm sucks.

i'll be there anyway, just undecided wether to drive or cart around 24 longies on a train

i was gonna bring in a couple of bottles of my mega chill hazed pilsner hop experiments, same beer but one with all saaz one with all tett, see you all on sat

-Phill

Saaz sounds good TB - And nice one on the gas front.

DFT - where do you live? Springy? If you can train it to clifton hill i can pick you up on our way in? (i know not much help)...if you are anywhere in north suburbs, my taxi (missus) can come get ya too.

I've already decided that I will walk - apart from anything else, MrsMostOfIt is out for the day with the car...

thanks fents, trying to work on a lift but looks like i'll proably be driving in, so only very small samples for me.

i have to get back home early to get to hampton park for a house warming so probably best i drive anyway :) i did last swap and all was fine, still wouldn't mind haveing a few more with you guys, maybe in july :)

-Phill

whaaaaaa!

someones now getting an APA instead of a kolsch :( sorry.

edit - no i didnt drink it but there is a new dent in the roof.

whaaaaaa!

someones now getting an APA instead of a kolsch :( sorry.

edit - no i didnt drink it but there is a new dent in the roof.

Did it 'splode?????

What happened?

Been looking forward to trying the kolsch!

Hope your babies are alright!

Quentin

eh mate where you been?!

yea two went off - one the other day and one today. lucky one was just my tester stubbie. have no idea why, was so carefull about all of it as it was my swap (you know how carefull i was after how many phonecalls?)...

It started at 1.052 but that starter i grabbed only got it to 1.030 and it wouldnt budge..so i dropped a 1/3 of a pack of W34/70 in it to finish it and it got down to 1.009. i've never had a beer that low so i triple checked it. after that i racked it and whacked it in the fridge for 3 weeks at 3c.

when i bottled i noticed it was still cloudy but i thought that would clear up (and you told me 2565 dosnt clear easy)..its has cleared up i can see if i hold a bottle up to light. i primed the bottle with dex, standard measure thing one for stubbies one for tall's.

i'll be buggerd, i've put em all in a fridge just in case for the time being. i just keep reminding myself how much i love my kegs.

eh mate where you been?!

yea two went off - one the other day and one today. lucky one was just my tester stubbie. have no idea why, was so carefull about all of it as it was my swap (you know how carefull i was after how many phonecalls?)...

It started at 1.052 but that starter i grabbed only got it to 1.030 and it wouldnt budge..so i dropped a 1/3 of a pack of W34/70 in it to finish it and it got down to 1.009. i've never had a beer that low so i triple checked it. after that i racked it and whacked it in the fridge for 3 weeks at 3c.

when i bottled i noticed it was still cloudy but i thought that would clear up (and you told me 2565 dosnt clear easy)..its has cleared up i can see if i hold a bottle up to light. i primed the bottle with dex, standard measure thing one for stubbies one for tall's.

i'll be buggerd, i've put em all in a fridge just in case for the time being. i just keep reminding myself how much i love my kegs.

Far out!!! my condolences! I'm guessing the kolsch is going to be one of the first to be drunk then :)

Been in adelaide for a wedding/bucks n all the rest for the past week, how's your brew rig going? pimped it up yet?

My swap contribution seems to be having the opposite problem, not carbing very quickly at all, wondering if I cold conditioned it too long!
It was sooooo hoppy when I originally made it, D Saaz is a CRAZY CRAZY hop.
I ended up diluting it with a litre, when I bulk primed. Next swap I guarantee to make just an easy drinker, a little bit less with the experiments. :D.

Q

Back