Vic 2007 X-mas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boys I have just arrived back from work after a very big week and have gone to open my hotmail to get the route notes and apparently hotmail is having issues. Could some one please call or text on 0437 006 1670 with the address. If no body calls keep an eye out for the bloke sitting out side the Nike shop drinking warm bitter out of Coopers pet bottles.

Well guys, enjoy. I'll try to have a Scotch Ale for all of you.

im making sausage rolls right now. while im waiting for the last of the caseswap drop offs. c yas all at Spills.

Boys I have just arrived back from work after a very big week and have gone to open my hotmail to get the route notes and apparently hotmail is having issues. Could some one please call or text on 0437 006 1670 with the address. If no body calls keep an eye out for the bloke sitting out side the Nike shop drinking warm bitter out of Coopers pet bottles.

Mate ya phone numbers wrong! theres an extra numberin it, tried to call...post the right number before 11am and i'll sort ya, or check your PM's as well as i have sent you the address. ez.

juswt got home. 7pmiswh, people wanted a few of my recipes (god kjnows why but im flattered and thanks for the encouragement).

Choc Stout Mahogony
1 x coopers Stout tin,
1 x Cascade Choc Mahag Porter,
500g DDME,
0.25kg Choc Malt Grain (steeped in 1Lt water for 15min - bought up to boil from cold then steep),
22L,
pitched 0.6L of yeastcake (Wyeast 1098) from Kenzie EQPA
OG 1.060, FG 0.022, 5.6% before bottling

Modified Cerveza or from here post 215
1 Cerveza can
250g Dex
250g LDME
100g Carapils
10g Glacier hops @15
10g Glacier @10
20g Glacier @ flameout
2 x saflager @ 12C for 3 weeks, then chill as cold as I can for another 2.
22L, OG 1.038, FG, 1.008. 4.2% before bottling

brown bavairian mongrel lager
coopers Bavarian Lager,
0.5kg DDME,
0.850kg DLME,
0.25kg Maltodex, (bad shit i know but hey its a mongrel mo fo)
0.35kg Dex,
200g Choc Grain
12g or 24g (cant remember which) of craftbrewer Swiss yeast (s-189),
10g saaz @15min,
15g saaz @0
OG 1.062, FG 1.02, 6.1% before bottling

and as for yeast i will pick up Monday from you at work on flemmington road.
PM me and ill come get it

Cheers to Spills and Thirsty for thier hospitality and work on the day

EDIT: added some OG, FG %alc info.

I gather it went off?! :D
I'm stuck in the motel here in Wagga, but to try and feel like I was there I went and got a 6 pack of LCPA and tried a Chimay Blue for the first time...still not the same as being there :(

What a night! What a session. Cheers Spills for your hospitality. Thats about all I can muster time for bed.

Fantastic day yesterday guys,

It was awesome to meet some new faces and try some fantastic beers.

I don't reckon I tasted a bad beer all day, and I got to try some really interesting beers using different hops, methods, ingredients.

Looking forward to trying the swap beers.

Q

Top day. Thanks spills for hosting the day, Biggups Fents for looking after me, special thanks to Miss (?) Fents for the ride to Spills, the lift home and putting up with three very happy case swappers on the way home. And finally thanks to all the swappers for making it the great day it was.

I have just finished a couple of APAs and have thrown the yeast (US05) at the case swap brew. I know I could have been more adventurous than US05 but I really wanted to taste BIAB case swap brew in all its glory, hence the neutral yeast.

as peels said thanks spills for the venue & thanks mrs fents for transport it was a great day from what i can remember good to meet a great bunch of bloke who enjoy beer as much as i do & next time i think ill follow thirstys lead one beer one water

^^ hahaha biggups the wasted crew!

mad thanks to spillsy for the hosting. nice to meet loads of crew. Thirsty had the BIAB nailed, Spills on the food, i was put in charge of the case swap. That was way harder than i was expecting. Sorry if i buggerd anyones case up and thanks for all the help. I know i only ended up with 23 plus one of my own so if anyones missing a kolsch let me know.

Also i'd suggest chilling that kolsch down and drinking it now.

Rookstar you are a mad prick. Top work.

Was a wicked day, spewing we had to leave early, mad thanks to everyone involved.

Now which beer to drink!

^^ hahaha biggups the wasted crew!

mad thanks to spillsy for the hosting. nice to meet loads of crew. Thirsty had the BIAB nailed, Spills on the food, i was put in charge of the case swap. That was way harder than i was expecting. Sorry if i buggerd anyones case up and thanks for all the help. I know i only ended up with 23 plus one of my own so if anyones missing a kolsch let me know.

Also i'd suggest chilling that kolsch down and drinking it now.

Rookstar you are a mad prick. Top work.

Was a wicked day, spewing we had to leave early, mad thanks to everyone involved.

Now which beer to drink!

Hurry up and start the tasting thread :p

Yours was the second beer I tasted tonight@@
Got to go out now but hoping I can remember details enough to write it up tomorrow.
Q

alright guys im confused ive just loaded me fridge with case swap beers now for some reason hutchys brew flying dog apa no 17 on the list has hair of the dog written on the label now for tasting & review purposes mine hair of the dog no 5 on the list has hair x-case written of a sticker on the cap hopefully thats sorted happy tasting

alright guys im confused ive just loaded me fridge with case swap beers now for some reason hutchys brew flying dog apa no 17 on the list has hair of the dog written on the label now for tasting & review purposes mine hair of the dog no 5 on the list has hair x-case written of a sticker on the cap hopefully thats sorted happy tasting

Hi Hairofthedog... I hope you didn't put all the beers in the fridge! My contribution was only bottled on Thursday night. I'd be suggesting another week at least! In the last case swap we all indicated how our contributions could be identified and also when they should be right to drink. Perhaps I'll start it off this time...

please add to the following list how your beer is labeled and if it is ready to drink. (I hope I got the latest list below)

1. Fenton - 2565 Kolsch
2. Peels - Scottish Export Ale 80/ (Scottish ale 1728)
3. Wardhog - ESB
4. Spillsmostofit - Belgian Dumb Blonde
5. hairofthedog - super dry nelson pils
6. Maple - Rye IPA
7. Thirsty Boy - Hefeweizen
8. therook - Alt
9. mark_m - APA/IPA house ale
10. apd - Brown ale
11. DarkFaerytale - F.E. Stout
12. Quintrex - belgian IPA?
13. Allycat - light summer quencher
14. Andreic - Hefeweizen - labeled - wait until mid-December you like it fresh, or else closer to New Year
15. voota - extra stout
16. Citymorgue2 - Hop Ale
17. Hutch - Flying Dog APA
18. lucas - NS Summer "Real Ale"
19. Chris Taylor - American Amber Ale
20. driveitlikeyoustoleit - ACA
21. 65 Bellett - Ordinary Bitter
22. wambesi - Honey Wheat Beer
23. Cummins - IPA
24. Lavender - ???

Sounds like much fun was had at the swap day! Will be picking up my case this week, then into the tastings!

cheers,

Andrei

Hey swappers,
Thanks for pointing this out hairofthedog, and apologies for steeling your name.
I made my labels as a last-minute thing, and decided to call the brew "Hair of the Dog", as it sort of went with the name "Flying Dog APA".
Hopefully this does not cause any confusion, and that hairofthedog doesn't cop too much flack for the quality of my contribution :p :lol:

Sounds like you all had a cracking day - I'll make sure I can attend the next one :icon_cheers:
Spills, when suits you for us to come and collect swap cases?

Cheers,
Hutch (#17 - Ready to drink now, while it's young and fresh!)

1. Fenton - 2565 Kolsch
3. Wardhog - ESB
6. Maple - Rye IPA
8. therook - Alt
10. apd - Brown ale
11. DarkFaerytale - F.E. Stout
14. Andreic - Hefeweizen - labeled - wait until mid-December you like it fresh, or else closer to New Year
15. voota - extra stout
17. Hutch - "Hair of The Dog- Flying Dog APA" - Been in the bottle over a month, so drink it as soon as you like
23. Cummins - IPA
24. Lavender - ???

1. Fenton - 2565 Kolsch
3. Wardhog - ESB
6. Maple - Rye IPA
8. therook - Alt
10. apd - Brown ale
11. DarkFaerytale - F.E. Stout - 'FES' on the lid, it's at least 2 months in the bottle but like all stouts, gets better with age, i'd leave it till one of the last.
15. voota - extra stout
17. Hutch - "Hair of The Dog- Flying Dog APA" - Been in the bottle over a month, so drink it as soon as you like
23. Cummins - IPA
24. Lavender - ???

my back, my head, arg, monday and i still feel worse for wear. left Spill's place feeling pretty happy and kept going when i got back home. must of been a lucky day 'cos i met two very lovely girls that night. Thanks heaps to Spills and everyone else for a ripper of a day. hope fents and hair of the dog made it home without copping it from the missus, they were both in fine form. looking foreward to the next swap and maybe a meetup inbetween, brewery tour anyone?

cheers to a great day

-Phill

Latest posts

Back