Vic 2007 X-mas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey andreic,

I picked mine up today, and I think I've got 2x Spills Belgian Blonde, though not missing anything else!!!
Lucky me - Cheers Spills!

Hutch (looking forward to some great drinking in the coming month :D ).

Cheers Fents for my case, now to tuck in.

Cummins IPA, "Watsonia Lager" (Koelsch), Peels' scottish in the fridge, the tasting begins in earnest tonight.

Andreic and Hutch - blame me for that, it was a nightmare and i thought i would of buggerd a few.

possibly another reason to revisit the labeling system and maybe standardisation of bottles (ie all PET)? keeping in mind I say that with no malice whatsoever as Im an offender in regards to having supplied all sorts of bottles (glass and PET).

Andreic and Hutch - blame me for that, it was a nightmare and i thought i would of buggerd a few.

Don't worry Fents. A few screw ups when sorting 24 x 24 beers is understandable...

The comment about standardising labeling could be worth a look for next time. I saw in one of the other state case swap threads last year that one of the rules was to write the number on the lid - that might make it easier to sort! On the whole the Vic case swap "rules" are a lot more loose than some of the other states - it gives it a much more casual / inclusive feel I think which is probably a good thing!

cheers,

Andrei

The comment about standardising labeling could be worth a look for next time.
Agree with this too - Full credit to you boys for doing the sort, and getting it almost completely right!

It took me a while to sort through mine, some with numbers on lids, some with acronyms, and some with I don't know what!
Thankfully there was enough info on AHB to work out the unknowns (I think!).
Will be tucking into Fent's Kolsch tonight. Can't wait!

I've only had a very quick look through the case but I too noticed I have two of alley cats light summer quencher. not sure which one I'm missing, bit too complex to work out what is what without sitting down with a printout of the list

I've only had a very quick look through the case but I too noticed I have two of alley cats light summer quencher. not sure which one I'm missing, bit too complex to work out what is what without sitting down with a printout of the list

heh, last swap I ended up with two bottles of your alt, still not sure who's bottle I missed out on :)

Hey case swap sorting day participants!

did any of you taste the bottles of Helles I supplied for the sorting day? I gather you may have tried numerous beers, and many far superior to my Helles. I would still appreciate any feedback you can provide. I'm drinking it now and I'm thinking its not infected as I originally thought, but nothing special none the less. My wife drank one this evening and liked it...

cheers,

Andrei

Hey case swap sorting day participants!

did any of you taste the bottles of Helles I supplied for the sorting day? I gather you may have tried numerous beers, and many far superior to my Helles. I would still appreciate any feedback you can provide. I'm drinking it now and I'm thinking its not infected as I originally thought, but nothing special none the less. My wife drank one this evening and liked it...

cheers,

Andrei

Pretty sure it was your Helles that got tasted early on in the swap day ... drank a lot of beers that day nad memory a little fuzzy, but I seem to recall it being a fairly soft, clean easy drinking light lager. I didn't notice an overt faults and I quite liked it. Not sure how it stacks up against the style guideines because I'm not familiar with teh style. But I remember it being nice.

Pretty sure it was your Helles that got tasted early on in the swap day ... drank a lot of beers that day nad memory a little fuzzy, but I seem to recall it being a fairly soft, clean easy drinking light lager. I didn't notice an overt faults and I quite liked it. Not sure how it stacks up against the style guideines because I'm not familiar with teh style. But I remember it being nice.

Yep we tried the helles early on and everyone commented that it was a great beer and should have been in the swap.

rook

Yep we tried the helles early on and everyone commented that it was a great beer and should have been in the swap.

rook

aaahhhh - I hope my Hefeweizen will be ok now :eek:

The Helles had a slightly sour taste when bottling which reminded me of a brewery infection I had last year - 3 of my beers were totally ruined and were tipped down the drain... I thought it best not to risk it in the case. I appear to have overreacted and it has come good!

Thanks for the feedback though - much appreciated.

Andrei

aaahhhh - I hope my Hefeweizen will be ok now :eek:

The Helles had a slightly sour taste when bottling which reminded me of a brewery infection I had last year - 3 of my beers were totally ruined and were tipped down the drain... I thought it best not to risk it in the case. I appear to have overreacted and it has come good!

Thanks for the feedback though - much appreciated.

Andrei

Andrei,

There deffinately wasn't any sour taste.

Great beer

Guess what your making next swap :p

Rook

Andrei,

There deffinately wasn't any sour taste.

Great beer

Guess what your making next swap :p

Rook

Assuming you really mean it I will happily have another crack... means brewing it in Feb - early March in anticipation of a Xmas in July case swap (did I really say that!). I reserve the right to change my mind.

cheers,

Andrei

I should add that anybody who ends up with the bottle "S.S" will have a different version of my extra stout, it's not smoked and has a more piney hop character... sorry but I ran out of bottles. The people who ended up with "SS" have the actual smoked stout.

Me! I haven't tried it but it is lined up waiting for clearance from the tower. Tonight, or when next settling in to do the hard yards of tasting...

Me! I haven't tried it but it is lined up waiting for clearance from the tower. Tonight, or when next settling in to do the hard yards of tasting...

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Back