Vic 2007 X-mas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Fenton - 2565 Kolsch - Drink it now!!
2. Peels - Scottish Export Ale 80/ (Scottish ale 1728)
3. Wardhog - ESB
4. Spillsmostofit - Belgian Dumb Blonde
5. hairofthedog - super dry nelson pils
6. Maple - Rye IPA
7. Thirsty Boy - Hefeweizen
8. therook - Alt
9. mark_m - APA/IPA house ale
10. apd - Brown ale
11. DarkFaerytale - F.E. Stout - 'FES' on the lid, it's at least 2 months in the bottle but like all stouts, gets better with age, i'd leave it till one of the last.
12. Quintrex - belgian IPA?
13. Allycat - light summer quencher
14. Andreic - Hefeweizen - labeled - wait until mid-December you like it fresh, or else closer to New Year
15. voota - extra stout
16. Citymorgue2 - Hop Ale
17. Hutch - "Hair of The Dog- Flying Dog APA" - Been in the bottle over a month, so drink it as soon as you like
18. lucas - NS Summer "Real Ale"
19. Chris Taylor - American Amber Ale
20. driveitlikeyoustoleit - ACA
21. 65 Bellett - Ordinary Bitter
22. wambesi - Honey Wheat Beer
23. Cummins - IPA
24. Lavender - ???

Lovley to meet ya phill...I only had the dial turned up 3/4's tho ;) still had fair bit in me but then i would of had to train it home with 4 case swaps. Hairofthedog had it cranked right up tho, i knew this when we carried him out of the car hahahaha. Absolutley cracking day tho had the best time. Next year we do it at a house with a little bit more space tho.

Wasn't it a great day. Thanks to Spills for letting us use his house and to Thirsty for doing the beer.

I dont know what time you all finished up but i was half cut when i left and ened up at a BBQ near home and staggered in at about 1:00am. Spent yesterday on the couch :D

Fents, try and use the toilet next time and not the Kitty Litter tray. I still think the bombers are soft.

Great day fellas and i hope we can do it again soon.

Rook

yup awsome day. great to meet you boys. I wont tell everyone that I must have had a few under my belt becuase I still didnt take home the right number of cases (1 short). oops just did. Dont worry Maple, Andreic, Chris T, Lucas, I have 4 cases so you have them and I'll pick mine up from Spills at some stage soon.

3. Wardhog - ESB
4. Spillsmostofit - Belgian Dumb Blonde
6. Maple - Rye IPA
8. therook - Alt
10. apd - Brown ale
11. DarkFaerytale - F.E. Stout - 'FES' on the lid, it's at least 2 months in the bottle but like all stouts, gets better with age, i'd leave it till one of the last.
14. Andreic - Hefeweizen - labeled - wait until mid-December you like it fresh, or else closer to New Year
15. voota - extra stout
16. Citymorgue2 - Hop Ale: Ready to Drink
17. Hutch - "Hair of The Dog- Flying Dog APA" - Been in the bottle over a month, so drink it as soon as you like
23. Cummins - IPA
24. Lavender - ???

Image013-2.jpg

Image012-1.jpg

Image011-2.jpg

Image014-2.jpg

3. Wardhog - ESB
4. Spillsmostofit - Belgian Dumb Blonde - Numeral FOUR on the bottle cap. Drink whenever - I recommend after a bottle of cheap red wine.
6. Maple - Rye IPA
8. therook - Alt
10. apd - Brown ale
15. voota - extra stout
23. Cummins - IPA
24. Lavender - ???

Great Day, good to meet everybody ... very drunk.

Beers.... all bloody fantastic. Did not drink a bad beer all day long. Who was it again that made the Saison with the Brett thing going on?? I really liked that.

I am one of the useless bastards that forgot completely to label my beer ... so mine has no markings, but will have quite a bit of yeast at the bottom (its a hefe) If you can pick it out of the crowd, I'd wait a couple of weeks for it to age a bit. Its ready to drink if you really want, but there is a weird grassy flavour that seems to disappear with some age. So I'd wait. Unfortunately, no amount of waiting is gonna make it actually good, but it'll be better at least.

Props to Spills for hosting. He are a good fella.

Oh... did anyone take an OG on that wort? I forgot to do it (also forgot the kettle finings) and didn't end up with any of it myself. Someone grab a reading before they toss yeast at it and let me know so I can do the numbers on the brew properly.

Cheers (but not too loudly, head still hurts a bit)

Thirsty

I'm in the same boat as Thirsty and didn't label mine properly, mine have a nuber 8 on the lid, those that took the glass bottles will be okay, but those that took the plastic coopers bottles will have to look really closely at the black lid to read the black Texta.

Sorry

Rook

There's a two litre bottle of the wort here with your name on it Thirsty, along with your brew gear, your wallet, your house keys, what I think is one of your socks... :D

I've also got a case or two that haven't been claimed yet. I know of:

Mark_M, Hutch, Thirsty Boy, (Maple, as forgotten by citymorgue2), apd. I can't find owners for a couple of odd cardboard boxes, green milk crates and Coopers boxes with caseswapbeer.

And thanks to all - particularly to Fents for offering to host the next one! :D

Great Day, good to meet everybody ... very drunk.

Beers.... all bloody fantastic. Did not drink a bad beer all day long. Who was it again that made the Saison with the Brett thing going on?? I really liked that.
Thirsty
Quintrex made a Saison. It was awsome. Inspired me to make one. Not sure which Brett thing your talking about...I no doubt had a few moments :p

Quintrex made a Saison. It was awsome. Inspired me to make one. Not sure which Brett thing your talking about...I no doubt had a few moments :p

Voota made the saison, I just had a couple of belgian blondes going round. the Brett refers to brettanomyces, which is a bacteria that gives the beer a leathery/horsey kinda taste, For an example of brett. try a bottle of Orval, which is a stellar example imo.

Q

3. Wardhog - ESB - ready to drink now
4. Spillsmostofit - Belgian Dumb Blonde - Numeral FOUR on the bottle cap. Drink whenever - I recommend after a bottle of cheap red wine.
6. Maple - Rye IPA
8. therook - Alt
10. apd - Brown ale
15. voota - extra stout
23. Cummins - IPA
24. Lavender - ???

Now - I command you all - get thee to the Pig & Whistle!

6. Maple - Rye IPA
8. therook - Alt
10. apd - Brown ale
15. voota - extra stout
18. lucas - NS Summer "Real Ale" - bottled 1 week ago, give it another week or two, and then maybe a week in the fridge.
23. Cummins - IPA
24. Lavender - ???

What a good way to spend an afternoon. Cheers Spills for the hosting. My case is still at your place in a green crate stacked on top of vootas and next to Lavenders (he is coming one night this week to grab them if thats ok).

...was a bloody long walk home to West Melbourne, lucky I can't really remember!

6. Maple - Rye IPA
8. therook - Alt
10. apd - Brown ale
15. voota - extra stout
18. lucas - NS Summer "Real Ale" - bottled 1 week ago, give it another week or two, and then maybe a week in the fridge.
23. Cummins - IPA - Should be good to go
24. Lavender - APA

6. Maple - Rye IPA
8. therook - Alt
10. apd - Brown ale
15. voota - extra stout
21. 65 Bellett - Squirrels Foot Bitter- Has been in the bottle for about 3 weeks should be alright to drink now.
23. Cummins - IPA - Should be good to go
24. Lavender - APA

I still have a smile on my face. So many good beers so many great people to talk to.

By the way I took a gravity reading on Sunday morning and I got 1049.

Back