The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hops arrived yesterday and is all vacuum sealed in 100g bags in the freezer.

Cluster weighed 1016
Saaz weighed 1005
Cascade weighed 1001

Sounds like the RX4 needs to drop one angry monster burnout

Hardly - isn't there enough anger in the world these days ?

The packs explain it all - just ring their 13 13 18 number, quote your barcode label and they will do a hunt for it. If it has taken longer than the delivery quoted on the pack then you are entitled to a free satchel.

If it never turns up, then you can claim for the value - provided you can show an invoice, payment transfer etc.

Gee it is not rocket science, just normal business.

HTH,
Dave

Sounds like the RX4 needs to drop one angry monster burnout

That would require far too much effort.
Will be driving it in anger at Oran Park for the last time in a few weeks though.

Australia Post are unreliable at the best of times, but particularly so this time of year. Around this time last year I waited 3 weeks for an express post LETTER from BNE->SYD. Pretty shocking.

That is not what I want to hear... 3 weeks floating around in December weather cant be good. Also concerned that with constant handling I might end up with a satchel of burst bags.

Still no show here :angry: WTF Auspost!

Far out Killer, id be getting in touch with your local post office. No new perlick taps and now no hops! Its a bit of a worry.
Cheers
Steve

The packs explain it all - just ring their 13 13 18 number, quote your barcode label and they will do a hunt for it. If it has taken longer than the delivery quoted on the pack then you are entitled to a free satchel.

If it never turns up, then you can claim for the value - provided you can show an invoice, payment transfer etc.

Gee it is not rocket science, just normal business.

HTH,
Dave

That sounds easy enough but... Would need to work out which barcode on that cardboard sheet that BribieG has corresponds to my satchel. Not sure how that will work out.

Far out Killer, id be getting in touch with your local post office. No new perlick taps and now no hops! Its a bit of a worry.
Cheers
Steve

Yeah & get this. There is a massive Auspost warehouse & separate office building up the road from my delivery address (work at Wetherill Park). That I suspect is a mail sorting centre.

That sounds easy enough but... Would need to work out which barcode on that cardboard sheet that BribieG has corresponds to my satchel. Not sure how that will work out.

Looks like all those that forgot to remove the barcode tag will need to PM Bribie with the barcode on their envelopes. (Hope they haven't thrown them out.) By a process of elimination all that will be left is the codes of those that haven't received their hops, hopefully only one...Rx4's.

Cheers

UPDATE

To All

I think I have isloated "That Smell". Seems if the hops came from other growing areas, they use older methods to dry the hops, and that will allow that onion/sulphur smell to come thru. It totally goes away mind you, otherwise the big Mega brewies wouldn't buy it.

BUT

Hops from XINJIANG farms wont have this, as they use the LATEST TECHNOLOGY in drying. And for those tree hunging hippies, Its also totally organic, nothing at all added

From the source
"I would like to explain the whole drying process: the drying process is the whole natural drying. when finishing the pick-up flowers, all fresh hops flower has been put into drying pond, there are hotairblowers under and surouding. when the water content of hops is lowered down to 7~8%, and the dried hops flowers come out of the drying pond. and then spraying dried hops to make it re-moist a little,
then packed them and stored them in cooler warehouse
in one word, the whole drying process is a natural one, without any SULPHUR. Well, you can make a careful inspection in the lab, if you find any SULPHUR inside, we will repay all money"

From now on, as I am a special Customer, ALL HOPS for us will come from XINJIANG. We are definitely getting the best

Craftbrewer

Yeh, the second round people will get even better hops, THE BASTARDS

Craftbrewer

Yeh, the second round people will get even better hops, THE BASTARDS

Craftbrewer

:lol:
I stilll reckon these chinamen think you are the Colonel Sanders from KFC. :rolleyes:
Don`t let on any different, for **** sake or the whole deal might come down around our ears.
Just play along

stagga.

Hi guys,
Just a heads up that my order still hasn't made it here to suburban Perth yet :( . Here's hoping I get it before it get into the high 30's over the weekend B) .
Cheers
Doug

I got home last night to find my hops on the doorstep :D

A massive thank you to all involved in this BB.
Hopefully my vacuum sealer will turn up today, so I can split them into smaller baggies.

cheers
Moray

Need to seal in the hoppy freshness.....I have an idea....Here

woo hoo :D my hopw arrived yesterday.

Have to agree on the comments regarding the quality of the bags. I think that's already been taken on board though.

thanks to all involved

Cheers
Polar

UPDATE

To All

I think I have isloated "That Smell". Seems if the hops came from other growing areas, they use older methods to dry the hops, and that will allow that onion/sulphur smell to come thru. It totally goes away mind you, otherwise the big Mega brewies wouldn't buy it.

BUT

Hops from XINJIANG farms wont have this, as they use the LATEST TECHNOLOGY in drying. And for those tree hunging hippies, Its also totally organic, nothing at all added

From the source
"I would like to explain the whole drying process: the drying process is the whole natural drying. when finishing the pick-up flowers, all fresh hops flower has been put into drying pond, there are hotairblowers under and surouding. when the water content of hops is lowered down to 7~8%, and the dried hops flowers come out of the drying pond. and then spraying dried hops to make it re-moist a little,
then packed them and stored them in cooler warehouse
in one word, the whole drying process is a natural one, without any SULPHUR. Well, you can make a careful inspection in the lab, if you find any SULPHUR inside, we will repay all money"

From now on, as I am a special Customer, ALL HOPS for us will come from XINJIANG. We are definitely getting the best

Craftbrewer

Nothing quite as dry as a pond

HTH,
Dave

Obviously you have not savoured the delights and emotional benefits of a dangerously fast mazda rotary at full noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back