The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
true nuff.
it`s just the thought of those little chinamen dropping their duds and squatting over the hop plants that I keep visulising,,,,, :(

stagga.

I'm still waiting for hops (Sydney, Ryde). It's crazy paying $20 (5kg satchel) for next business day delivery with "Express Post" service... <_<

bit

Still waiting for mine here (Sydney metro)

I'm still waiting for hops (Sydney, Ryde). It's crazy paying $20 (5kg satchel) for next business day delivery with "Express Post" service... <_<
bit

My understanding was they have a next day guaranteee (if you are within the postcode requirements) might get yourself a free satchel. ;)

true nuff.
it`s just the thought of those little chinamen dropping their duds and squatting over the hop plants that I keep visulising,,,,, :(

stagga.

china_man.jpg

Hi Mr Stagga don't mind me just heading off the the hop farm to crap on your hops! Enjoy! Bye Now!

:D

Chop Chop

personally id rather eat produce fertilized with some sort of faeces than industrially produced fertilizers. do some reading on heavy metals and fertilizers, already becoming a problem in some countries due to the build up of cadmium etc in the soil.

each to their own :party:

I'm with you regulator !

humanure.gif

Batz

:icon_offtopic: @ Batz Suddenly I have gone off paw paws... Guessing you take a little shovel with you and spread the love? :lol:

Hi All,

I was a packer on the day. :D

Kram and I worked on a number of 10kilo bags of Cascade, Saaz and Marco Polo.

All Bags had in excess of 10kg in them. We put a couple of extra grams in most packs and minimal dust after noticing this on the first couple of 10k packs. The rest went to the leftovers tray on the main sorting table for top ups etc....

My main observation of the day was that it was organized very well, ran smoothly and had a real co-operative vibe about getting the hops to everyone in as best nick as possible. Oh the aroma was awesome too! :icon_drool2:

There will be a couple of people that may have got the wrong order or missed out this time, but all in all was a very successful endeavor. Congrats and thank-you to Graham for organizing and the helpers everywhere.

My suggestions for future orders are:

1. Bag everything as we did this time and count the 1Kg packs before beginning the packaging to post bags stage. This way we can tally up the orders and cross check the numbers of bags. We could even weigh the large packs to make sure we are not short hopped before splitting them up.

2. Packing lines should have dedicated hop runners (bitches) instead of sharing them. We had 2 packing lines on the day and the same people running for both...had to keep our ears out for 2 voices....

Happy to help out again on the next one.

PB

Shovel! We don't need shovels to shit amongst dem paw paws. :angry:

TP

You should smell my chook poo liquid fertilizer man !

hippy1.jpg

It all organic here, and proud of it !

Batz

Hi All,

I was a packer on the day. :D

Kram and I worked on a number of 10kilo bags of Cascade, Saaz and Marco Polo.

All Bags had in excess of 10kg in them. We put a couple of extra grams in most packs and minimal dust after noticing this on the first couple of 10k packs. The rest went to the leftovers tray on the main sorting table for top ups etc....

My main observation of the day was that it was organized very well, ran smoothly and had a real co-operative vibe about getting the hops to everyone in as best nick as possible. Oh the aroma was awesome too! :icon_drool2:

There will be a couple of people that may have got the wrong order or missed out this time, but all in all was a very successful endeavor. Congrats and thank-you to Graham for organizing and the helpers everywhere.

My suggestions for future orders are:

1. Bag everything as we did this time and count the 1Kg packs before beginning the packaging to post bags stage. This way we can tally up the orders and cross check the numbers of bags. We could even weigh the large packs to make sure we are not short hopped before splitting them up.

2. Packing lines should have dedicated hop runners (bitches) instead of sharing them. We had 2 packing lines on the day and the same people running for both...had to keep our ears out for 2 voices....

Happy to help out again on the next one.

PB

Agree totally with you there PB.

I would also add, for the distrubution side of things we could have the hops in groups and have the packers grab a picking slip attatched to the post satchel (as was done on Sunday) and then go and grab the hops required per order and package. Also labels for the hop bags instead of texters.

Cheers Brad

I would also add, for the distrubution side of things we could have the hops in groups and have the packers grab a picking slip attatched to the post satchel (as was done on Sunday) and then go and grab the hops required per order and package. Also labels for the hop bags instead of texters.

Cheers Brad

Labels. Brilliant Idea Brad. Also the packer grabbing the hops themselves rather than calling out t a hop bitch removes one layer of possible confusion.

Thanks

I am making a American Premium lager with my Chinese Saaz can wait

Pumpy :)

Cheers Brad

How about...

2x Pick bitches

2x check bitches

2x pack bitches

if you get my drift...

I have to say I'm still disappointed we can't innundate Chappo with lots of small hop samples.

One everyday for a couple of weeks. If he got withdrawals SWMBO could always find him in the early morning sniffing the letterbox at Chappo Manor in his boxers...

Ahhh, the imagery. Sure beats thinking about some little Chinaman taking a dump in my beer.

How about...

2x Pick bitches

2x check bitches

2x pack bitches

if you get my drift...

I was thinking more along the lines of.... if I had to do this as a business I would..

5 Hops equals 5 people weighing and bagging 1 (1) style of hops.
others grouping and stacking labelled hops
after 30 min of weighing and stacking, two (2) dispatchers start on grabbing picking slips/postal satches and start packing while weighing and stacking continues.
Once all weighing and stacking is complete break into groups of two (2) dispatchers for picking and packing.

Two (2) to a team should help for control of mistakes...eg; "no it says two (2) saaz not two (2) nugget ya dumb ****"

Cheers Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back