State Of Origin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cronk is very good, but I would have to disagree with you that he is better than Thurston. They are also very different types of players. Thurston is a naturally talented and free flowing player whereas Cronk is extremely hard working and very structured.

I do agree that Lockyer was a superior 5/8. Thurston was a better halfback than 5/8, but he still has a few years to prove me wrong.

A Blues supporter saying he would've sat JT on the bench?
Of course.

A Blues supporter saying he would've sat JT on the bench?
Of course.

Blues love bench players - only last week Ben Creagh was saying he felt ready to lead the young pack...for 24 minutes off the bench.

If Thurston was a New South Welshman, would you pick him for the Blues?

Yes, because he's better than Pearce. But if I could choose anyone I'd take Cronk. Like I said, it's just my opinion.

I'm not about to bend the Origin rules to fit him in a blue jersey like you guys did with Inglis and Folau.

Yes, because he's better than Pearce. But if I could choose anyone I'd take Cronk. Like I said, it's just my opinion.

I'm not about to bend the Origin rules to fit him in a blue jersey like you guys did with Inglis and Folau.

Who, in your opinion has been NSW's best half over the years?

Just have to weigh in on the banter! :p

Who, in your opinion has been NSW's best half ...

Israel_Folau_2.jpg

:p

Andrew Johns is the best player I saw. So by default, he is the best half NSW had.

In recent years I thought Wallace could have done with more of a chance. But we're pretty settled with Pearce and Carney now.

Sorry if this has been posted, quite funny - and I'm a Queenslander.

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a funny clip, but I remember watching Peter Stirlling (born in Toowoomba) and Michael O'Connor (played first grade rugby union for QLD) play for NSW in the 80's and really outplay QLD. I'm sure there were others I don't know about.

I think the eligibility rules need a bit (lot) of a tweak.

John's (closely followed by Ricky Stuart) at 7, and Freddy (closely followed by Laurie Daley) at 6.

John's (closely followed by Ricky Stuart) at 7, and Freddy (closely followed by Laurie Daley) at 6.

And I still haven't forgiven Brett Hodgson. He was the one who threw the pass that started the rot all those years ago. :angry:

State of Origin game two is on tomorrow night in Sydney.

NSW by 4 in a low scoring game. And I'm a Queenslander.

State of Origin game two is on tomorrow night in Sydney.

NSW by 4 in a low scoring game. And I'm a Queenslander.
I reckon there might be a bit of biffo! Another thing NSW will not win :icon_chickcheers:

Its going to be close with NSW at home . It will be decided in the kicking game as far as I can see, 40/20s, 5th tackle kicks, penalties and conversions.
The stoopid boofheads that give away penalities infront of goal never wake up. Galan is one although he has been better lately. Cheap shots in tackles and school boy antic penalties resulting in loss of ground and kicks at goal will decide the result. Like most games these days where games are lost by idiots.

Next game at Suncorp is Qlds anyway but we would like to see a show. Try hard NSW.If you dont give away the penalties you should win this one by a whisker.
My 2c. Bias ,yes,yes yes. Go QLD
Daz

That's a funny clip, but I remember watching Peter Stirlling (born in Toowoomba) and Michael O'Connor (played first grade rugby union for QLD) play for NSW in the 80's and really outplay QLD. I'm sure there were others I don't know about.

I think the eligibility rules need a bit (lot) of a tweak.

Michael O'connor was a Canberra boy. Was 2 years ahead of me at school and played rugby at the same club I did (Royals) when he made the Wallabies.

Back