State Of Origin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
worse, he's a mexican.......

Had a funny conversation with a fellow from victoria once when I lived in Adelaide, we got onto where we were orignally from, me saying I was from NSW and him making a statement about QLD so...

ME: "are you from Qld"
The mexican: "no no, I'm from victoria"
Me: "oh thats even worse, silly mexicans".
The Mexican: "but you from NSW?, that makes you the mexican"
Me: "Soo... does that make you "argentinian or columbian?"

I don't think he quite understood.....silly mexican.

Pok

Nice night in Melbourne. Beers and food at Mrs parmas then Footy at Docklands. Go Queensland. It must suck being a blues supporter. I wonder if they'll bother putting a team in next year.

Anyone else have an issue with Annie singing the National Anthem ...dressed as "Annie" and struggling not to give it with a Yankee accent?

How did this one ever get wings??

:huh: :huh: WTF ??
YES!

Glad someone brought this up!
She seemingly changed accents throughout the anthem. It was kinda painful. Would've been especially painful after putting up with Delta for a couple of songs...
This is the NRL FFS! Bring back Barnsy, at a bare minimum! Don't care about the bogan imagine, but you need a fair dinkum rock to perform because, at the end of the day, you're appealing to alot of blokes, and the only thing they're gonna be doing when Delta comes on is muting the sound and making comments like "Shit, she's an alright sort eh!"

...and i haven't even started on the game!

/rant!

I thought the Annie kid was great. 11yo, smashed it out in front of 55000 people and stuck to tune better than any of the warbling pop stars we usually get. Good on her!

Hes way too busy flipping like a beached whale every time he gets tackled, oh and goose stepping no where. He annoys the shit out of me.
I don't know, the flipping is important, what's state of origin without a 'three knees' hancock type player :)

How come Uate didnt get man of the match,

3 tries,

1 for NSW
2 for Qld,

gotta be the first player to score a hattrick in Origin and not get the nod....

Hope they **** him off for the next game

Last nights result makes me hate queenslanders even more!

baww

318000_3688457224212_1658658926_2849308_718483452_n.jpg

They do poorly because Gus Goa'uld is involved with the blues :p

Jennings sin bin was a disgrace. Thaiday has been doing that his whole career. Led directly to QLD's first try.

Lifting tackle penalty on Bird was a disgrace. The best tackle of the night, led directly to QLD's second try.

Inglis try was a disgrace. Even IF Farah did kick it out, Inglis then knocked it on with his forearm anyway.

Queensland have the bulk of the best players. I can live with losing to the better side. But they don't need a leg up every year like they get. Matt Cecchin is the new grasshopper.

Jennings and Hayne justified their selections. Both were very good for NSW. Tate was good in attack, but he was found wanting more than a few times in defence.

We will win in Sydney, then anything can happen at Lang Park.

Jennings sin bin was a disgrace. Thaiday has been doing that his whole career. Led directly to QLD's first try.

Lifting tackle penalty on Bird was a disgrace. The best tackle of the night, led directly to QLD's second try
gotta disagree with you on these two.

the I'm pretty sure no punches were even pulled in the "brawl" until Jennings' effort. Everybody else where was trying to break it up & he charged in like bloody superman.

Greg Bird's tackle could have gone very badly had the qld player not tucked his head under.

You're entitled to feel robbed re GI's try. haha.

Jennings and bird broke the rules of the game,simple as that. One of the boofhead commentators said jennings send off was fair for a clubgame but not origin ? WTF? different rules.
Dont understand gi try but only watch and played rugby, only watch league for origin.
Overall didnt think this game was up to usual standards ,was a tad boring.
Hope qld go three blot.

For a guy who has had three knee reconstructions, Tate was excellent. Inglis was quiet for periods of the game but when he game alive he was very good and very damaging.

Jennings was also very good for NSW, even though he spent time in the bin (which IMHO he thoroughly deserved). Farrar was also the right choice. Hope T-Rex plays more next game. Morris was good in defence but missing in attack.

Where was Carney? Hardly saw him all night. Same with Lewis (who is usually very dangerous).

Even though NSW lost I hope they don't make any changes. They had QLD on the ropes several times but just couldn't convert pressure into points. A good example was when they went for goal instead of pushing for a try. They have the beginnings of a very good team. Only change I would make is Buhrer for Leroyd-Lars. I would also love to see Josh McGuire on the bench for QLD.

Just my 2c.

They had QLD on the ropes several times but just couldn't convert pressure into points. A good example was when they went for goal instead of pushing for a try.

I was at the game and as a QLD fan, never felt comfortable - NSW looked dangerous. However, I gotta say - I was pretty amazed that they went the two points - they had us backpeddling and would have had a much better chance at running it in I thought.

strange strange choice...

Once again, by all accounts, and not having seen the game, the greatest game of all manages to produce some contentious stuff ups.
One day, the game will be truly professional, but that will be a long way off, and probably not in my lifetime.
After all, 95% of those involved are still trying to develop intelligence beyond that of an 8 year old.

Flame suit has been donned. I'm ready for a scorching from all you league fans.

Latest posts

Back