State Of Origin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After all, 95% of those involved are still trying to develop intelligence beyond that of an 8 year old.

That is hardly fair. They are not being paid (or watched by millions) to solve riddles or find a cure for the common cold. It could be argued that they have intelligence in certain areas, just not in traditional academic fields. I think the same statement could be said about most codes of football (yes, even roundball).

Once again, by all accounts, and not having seen the game, the greatest game of all manages to produce some contentious stuff ups.
One day, the game will be truly professional, but that will be a long way off, and probably not in my lifetime.
After all, 95% of those involved are still trying to develop intelligence beyond that of an 8 year old.

Flame suit has been donned. I'm ready for a scorching from all you league fans.

It's the other 5% which worry us! They are Englishmen. They are incapbale of reaching that level so have stopped trying.

Anyway, still a better sport than car racing (how can that be classed as sport anyway?)

For the record, didn't see the game and didn't get the result until 6.30am this morning. May not watch the replay.

I didn't watch the game, but we learnt something interesting today in class, well i thought it was interesting

So if each team is pretty much matched up, and the result is completely random, the chance of the team that wins the first game winning the whole season is 75%

Here's the combinations of what can go down.

QQQ Q wins
QQN Q wins
QNQ Qwins
QNN Q loses

NNN
NNQ
NQN
NQQ N loses

I just found that interesting. So if you're a blues supporter and like a punt, probably a good idea to spend the money on hops instead.

Jennings sin bin was a disgrace. Thaiday has been doing that his whole career. Led directly to QLD's first try.

Lifting tackle penalty on Bird was a disgrace. The best tackle of the night, led directly to QLD's second try.

Inglis try was a disgrace. Even IF Farah did kick it out, Inglis then knocked it on with his forearm anyway.

Queensland have the bulk of the best players. I can live with losing to the better side. But they don't need a leg up every year like they get. Matt Cecchin is the new grasshopper.

Jennings and Hayne justified their selections. Both were very good for NSW. Tate was good in attack, but he was found wanting more than a few times in defence.

We will win in Sydney, then anything can happen at Lang Park.

That blatant punch to the head that Thurston got in our 20 that put us away..............did you miss that one.....................I played A grade (Country) both codes for a lot of years. Where I've played third man in with a punch to the back of a blokes head is a dog act...........I wouldn't have awarded Inglis' try but we still won by two. But if your ******* useless coach and selectors stick with this side, without Buhrer, for this season and next we are toast. Take the emotion out and watch the game. If your reckon it's a conspiracy go and have a beer with Craig Thompson. :icon_cheers:

what our NSW selectors need to do is stop putting half a dozen guys in every game that have no experience in origin then we would have players getting used to each other and might start winning

we seemed to have the right side last year for one of the games come to think of it we have had very capable teams for the last few years but the selectors keep breaking them up

does anyone know who the selectors are? i have no idea and it seems to be top secret, no bloody wonder id be calling them and giving them a mouthful if i knew.

i think this team can make it we had QLD in a panic a few times and forced a few errors keep the team together

oh **** it why am i wasting my time next game we will have half a dozen blokes that have never been there before and the cycle will start again might as well just bet on QLD to win em all

cheers

what our NSW selectors need to do is stop putting half a dozen guys in every game that have no experience in origin then we would have players getting used to each other and might start winning

we seemed to have the right side last year for one of the games come to think of it we have had very capable teams for the last few years but the selectors keep breaking them up

does anyone know who the selectors are? i have no idea and it seems to be top secret, no bloody wonder id be calling them and giving them a mouthful if i knew.

i think this team can make it we had QLD in a panic a few times and forced a few errors keep the team together

oh **** it why am i wasting my time next game we will have half a dozen blokes that have never been there before and the cycle will start again might as well just bet on QLD to win em all

cheers

You hit it on the head! I'd love to see the comparisons over the last 7 years regarding players in and out then in again with NSW, injuries excluded. Footy is about combinations..................I remember an old Canberra combination of Stuart and Daley............you'd think they would at least get it..............but apprently not!

You hit it on the head! I'd love to see the comparisons over the last 7 years regarding players in and out then in again with NSW, injuries excluded. Footy is about combinations..................I remember an old Canberra combination of Stuart and Daley............you'd think they would at least get it..............but apprently not!

ive been saying it for a long time and what do you know there is the enemy agreeing with me :icon_chickcheers:

cheers: HBK

FWIW I follow afl but I thought this might provoke spirited discussion if you have not already seen it.

Bill harrigan official view

What did you think about the decision to award Greg Inglis a try in the 72nd minute?

Greg Ingis had possession of the ball and was trying to ground the ball. Robbie Farah, in desperation to prevent the try, changed his running gait and threw his leg out. In doing so, he dislodged the ball, so therefore it is deemed that he played at the ball. The ball is still live.

It does rebound off Greg Ingliss forearm after it was dislodged, but he did not play at it, it was a rebound and then he grounded the ball.

For these reasons, I agree with the decision to award a try.

Bill Harrigan will appear on NRL Daily tonight. Tune in to NRL.com at 7pm to hear what he has to say.

ive been saying it for a long time and what do you know there is the enemy agreeing with me :icon_chickcheers:

It so friggin obvious to everyone. Just look at Pearce now that he seem's in.............sort of..............but may be not.............but in again..............anyway I fear a backline of Pearce, Carney, Jennings, Hayne, Stewart in it...........fill in the rest get that combo going and we are in strife..................remember we have to start blooding young blokes soon....................

FWIW I follow afl but I thought this might provoke spirited discussion if you have not already seen it.

Bill harrigan official view

What did you think about the decision to award Greg Inglis a try in the 72nd minute?

Greg Ingis had possession of the ball and was trying to ground the ball. Robbie Farah, in desperation to prevent the try, changed his running gait and threw his leg out. In doing so, he dislodged the ball, so therefore it is deemed that he played at the ball. The ball is still live.

It does rebound off Greg Ingliss forearm after it was dislodged, but he did not play at it, it was a rebound and then he grounded the ball.

For these reasons, I agree with the decision to award a try.

Bill Harrigan will appear on NRL Daily tonight. Tune in to NRL.com at 7pm to hear what he has to say.

do you realise you posted this a 7.57pm? might be a bit late to hear what he has to say now
i really dont understand how trying to score a try isnt "playing at the ball" really the sooner we get rid of harragan the better off the game will be

I didn't watch the game, but we learnt something interesting today in class, well i thought it was interesting

So if each team is pretty much matched up, and the result is completely random, the chance of the team that wins the first game winning the whole season is 75%

Here's the combinations of what can go down.

QQQ Q wins
QQN Q wins
QNQ Qwins
QNN Q loses

NNN
NNQ
NQN
NQQ N loses

I just found that interesting. So if you're a blues supporter and like a punt, probably a good idea to spend the money on hops instead.

How's the crack pipe? :beerbang:

..................remember we have to start blooding young blokes soon....................

yeah maybe you do unless all your guys end up being almost impossible to get rid of like lockyer :lol:

at least he is finally gone that helps NSW :super:

do you realise you posted this a 7.57pm? might be a bit late to hear what he has to say now
i really dont understand how trying to score a try isnt "playing at the ball" really the sooner we get rid of harragan the better off the game will be

Its foxtel. It'll get replayed every two hours. No need to worry, you'll have plenty of opportunities to have explained how nsw really did lose ;)

Thaiday's been running in for years?

So you read the paper this morning too hey? Did you catch the bit about the NSW coach saying that Inglis' try was just that, a TRY?
You Bluesers crack me up.

Well gents my last reply on this thread................young Josh has informed me that I am to be the recipient of an APA and some Raspberry Porter. To be honest can't wait to try the Porter!

Yours in sport......

I'm glad HBK doesn't care about Origin and league.

Imagine how often he would post if he did.

;)

Okay I'll cop the sin binning, but Matt Scott should have joined him. The situation was fizzling out until he threw the ball.

Harrigan admitted the Bird penalty was incorrect.

Having heard Harrigan's explanation of the Inglis try, I can live with it. Though it looks very dodgy. The point could be made that Farah's gait changed because he went from attacking the ball to trying to tackle a guy who had just picked up the ball.

Enough of that, onto the rest of the footy...

You have to take the kick when down by 2. We were finding it hard to score tries. Making that kick means you only need a point to go in front. Makes your approach (and their defensive mindset) totally different.

I said when the teams were named that Watmough had to be in the side. I'd settle for just him in for the injured Williams.

Had we kept the same halves for the last 3-4 years, we'd now have Peter Wallace and Jarrod Mullen in the halves. They'd struggle being in the top 5 halves in the state at the moment. You have to pick on form which is why Soward got his shot last year. Pearce and Carney are surely settled in their roles now, but it took time finding the right combo. QLD use less players because they have a smaller pool to choose from. Mind you, Cronk should have been wearing Thurston's #7 for the last 2 years.

Bring on game 2!

Either not at all, or on the bench. Cronk is a better half and Lockyer was a better five-eighth.

OMG.........................

Latest posts

Back