Stopping brewing and selling up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heavy.

Sad to see a passionate and talented brewer have to put his hobby on hold, but thankfully it's for a much more important issue... your life. Well played.

I am drinking your LCPA clone right now, Tony - it's a top drop, thank you.

Tony I have tried to reply to this thread perhaps a dozen time since this morning, the more people are admitting they have or have had this problem is snapping me out for reasons only I know.

My best wishes to you and your family mate, your a top bloke so my guess is your going to get over this with the help of family and friends. I'm raising a glass of Far Kin Lager in your honor ATM...to you Tony!! :beerbang: :super:

batz

From a selfish point of view, Tony I do hope that you continue to contribute regularly to AHB voices as you are one of the few whose posts I read religiously.
I hope you find balance in your life and get all the care, help and love you need to back on track.

All the best

Cheers
Chris

Gday Tony. Great post. It takes a big man to make the decision you did and follow it through. Glad you're not selling the brewery.

Personally I tipped out 2 fermentors and two kegs before christmas and are only havin a quite weekender as well. Mrs is very happy. I kept all of my gear and hope to beggin brewing again very soon.

All the best

Wishing you well going forward Tony.

Excellent heartwarming thread and contributions by all involved too.

Tony, I have always enjoyed reading your posts and your avatar - I know a good dentist if you need one

Having family members diagnosed with chronic depression I know how devastating it can be untreated, you have made the first step on your road to recovery.

Good luck with it all

Folks......... i am blown away with the care and support shown here.

Thankyou all :beer:

I truly didnt expect such a reaction.

I must say... i am feeling better and better by the day as things settle out. When i emptied the kegs and i was 85kg. Im down to 83 already and my target is 75kg.

I also hope this thread inspires others who suffer from conditions like mine, to seek help after seeing the support given and general acceptance of depression. It is not something to hide from!

Once again..... thanks :)

Tony said:
Folks......... i am blown away with the care and support shown here.

Thankyou all :beer:

I truly didnt expect such a reaction.

I must say... i am feeling better and better by the day as things settle out. When i emptied the kegs and i was 85kg. Im down to 83 already and my target is 75kg.

I also hope this thread inspires others who suffer from conditions like mine, to seek help after seeing the support given and general acceptance of depression. It is not something to hide from!

Once again..... thanks :)

Good to hear mate!

When I started reading your post I thought two great things will come out of this; 1) Pages and pages of posts from fellow brewers showing their admiration of your strength & character & appreciation for the countless assistance that you've given them over the years which will do wonders for lifting your spirits, and 2) bringing up the ugly truth of depression that will no doubt strike a raw nerve with a few others around and it may well help them get their own problem 'out of the closet' so to speak and lead them onto a similar path of recovery.

I too wish you all the best and hope that you stick around here to let us all know how you're going :icon_cheers:

Man love for Tony!

group-hug.jpg

Wow, I missed this thread, now your comment in that sours thread makes sense.

I get where you are coming from mate, and I have lost a number of friends becase they got too far derailed and I have come close myself. Life teaches harshly that if you aren't going to look after yourself, it is unlikely that someone else will do it for you. You made the right decision mate.

Just don't start telling us to swap IPA for yoga. I like my misaligned chakra right where it is, plus I have a tool for that.

I wouldnt tell anyone to swap IPA for anything

I wont be depriving myself of pleasure completly. The wife and I had a chat and I will alow myself to have a nice beer on a Saturday night as reward :)

And i have a cube of Rye IPA staring at me in the garage. :blink:

2014 my precious :p

Hey Tony, gutsy post.
Havent been on here for a long time and came here to find your post. All the best man and I really hope you can get things sorted.
2014 My Precious >>> classic
Also thought my avatar might cheer you up :p

All the best to you and your family Tony.You have always been a great help on the forum and patiently answered all my PM's, Hope to still see you posting and giving advice.

Cheers

Well done mate. As a fellow sufferer of the last two years I can only applaud what you said in your post.
I was drinking very heavily at times to, "just to take the edge off the day".
Depression almost cost me my marriage, kids and everything... but it can be saved, with the right help.

All the best mate, and always around if you need someone to vent to.

Cheers!

Best of luck Tony, hope it all works out well for you.

Thanks Tony, that was a sobering read. My wife has been bugging me for the past few months to get out and start exercising. Time to stop the excuses.

And cut back on the consumption, self control I something I am yet to master at 31.

Cheers,

Brad

I'm only new here but Good luck with everything Tony. I can personally vouch for exercise and a good routine helping to sort the noggin out.

Deeply appreciate the conversation. I suffocated through chronic depression for fifteen years - no idea how I survived those years. Essentially in the end I was in the process of completely dismantling my life, my marriage, anything just to make things feel different... when I finally found a way out of it. That was six years ago. I have my life back - it's worth getting hold of your life, to do whatever it takes. Cheers Tony.

Stay strong Tony, I've been blind for 1/3 of my life now and also suffer from depression and it's not easy

Yes to those reading depression is real, I used to think the same way as others: just to harden the **** up!

And exercise does help and remember a little is better than none at all, the hardest part of exercising is starting the session.

Tony...don't know you, but have read a lot of your posts on here in my quest to become better at making beer.
It takes a lot of courage to do what you have done and share it with everyone here.
Made me realise that AHB is more than just a forum of people interested in beer...it's a community of people who love beer and genuinly care about helping others.
All the best!!

Latest posts

Back