State Of Origin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
Its all bullshit.

But when Queensland loose...shares in kleenex are going to sky rocket.
Pretty sure Ryan Hoffman is taking all the tissues with him to NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TidalPete said:
[SIZE=medium]Too cocky by half! ;)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As one of the thousands who were there under the fig tree in the long gone Frank Bourke Stand Bar on game one of SOO I would like to think I know a bit more about Queensland’s attitude to the then & always present danger posed by a Sydney-Centric NRL than you ever will.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]After turning up at Lang Park year-in, year-out in the '70's only to see us beaten by NSW sides stacked with Sydney-based Queenslanders that is something you will never, ever, forget & so it was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL to see Artie, Maninga, Mark Murray, Wally, Chis Close, Conescu & all the others SMASH those Blues at long, long, last. :super:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Let there be no mistake about this, but sooner or later we ARE going to lose a series & so should contest this one like there is no tomorrow. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Hopefully our next series loss will happen long after we have reached double X by figures. [/SIZE] :beerbang: :beerbang:

[SIZE=medium]There are children South of the Tweed in secondary education who HAVE NEVER seen those bloody cockroaches win a series & I’m so bloody happy about that. [/SIZE]
Am humble in your presence ,
to win , to not win
only a true cane toad can understand the importance
that there is scum
and there is scum under that scum
growing on that scum be even more vile scum
keep wiping and digging
eventually you will find nsw cockroach scum

QUEENSLANDAH said:
Am humble in your presence ,
to win , to not win
only a true cane toad can understand the importance
that there is scum
and there is scum under that scum
growing on that scum be even more vile scum
keep wiping and digging
eventually you will find nsw cockroach scum
With a blue jersey with Gallen on it.

Absolute bullshit there as you well know. <_<
Those poor bastards South of the Border (NRL-wise that is? :p ) are merely sad & brain-washed underlings of a rabid Sydney-Centric Rugby League conspiracy that occurred the very day Qld separated from NSW & a Rugby League team originated.

Too Easy! :lol:

Edit -------- In a better world they would be pitied but sadly it's Origin time in the real world. :p

I just hope they never beat the mighty Dragons run of 11 premierships in a row.

Cockroaches are native.

Canetoads are an introduced species.

Only a Queenslander could feel proud of an introduced species wreaking havock on the environment.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Cockroaches are native.

Canetoads are an introduced species.

Only a Queenslander could feel proud of an introduced species wreaking havock on the environment.
The native roaches are timid creatures.hiding in the leaf litter. The introduced ones on the other hand are more brazen but still something to be crushed underfoot. :p

Bloody hell, am I the only bloke in this forum who wasn't brought up in Qld? When NSW won a series (some time ago now...) it was a caper of "tops, we've got the crown this year". A few exchanges of words and a joke or 3 at work for a day or two and we get back to our day jobs and carry on in general.
A win for Qld results in "QUUUUEEEEEEENNNNSSSLLLAAAAAAANNNDDDDDD!!!!!" being screamed in our faces for months on end, like a loud group of cackling ladies disrupting the mood at a bar. Which has been many, many months on end now.

All good fellas, believe it cuts us inside when we lose but after about season 5 it's water off a duck's back now.

Working and living in Qld for 5 years, when I was laughed at and attempted to be ridiculed by other colleagues, they were dead-set offended when I said I was over it. "BULLSHIT MATE, YOU WISH YOU WERE ONE ADMIT IT".
"No."

FYI Stu nobody from the (shudder ;) ) South of the Tweed called us anything for YEARS after the legendry BARRY MUIR coined the term "Cockroach' & it was only when NSW losses started to mount up that the laughable term "Canetoad" was introduced so I hope you don't mind me laughing at this delayed publicity gimmick aided & conspired by all those envious people south of the border? But I will anyway! :lol: :lol:

I've still got my shotgun around somewhere Stu so watch out. :p

PS ------
A win for Qld results in "QUUUUEEEEEEENNNNSSSLLLAAAAAAANNNDDDDDD!!!!!" being screamed in our faces for months on end, like a loud group of cackling ladies disrupting the mood at a bar. Which has been many, many months on end now.
Hey The Wiggman. Read Post 380 & try to work out why it is so.

TheWiggman said:
Bloody hell, am I the only bloke in this forum who wasn't brought up in Qld? When NSW won a series (some time ago now...) it was a caper of "tops, we've got the crown this year". A few exchanges of words and a joke or 3 at work for a day or two and we get back to our day jobs and carry on in general.

All good fellas, believe it cuts us inside when we lose but after about season 5 it's water off a duck's back now.

Working and living in Qld for 5 years, when I was laughed at and attempted to be ridiculed by other colleagues, they were dead-set offended when I said I was over it. "BULLSHIT MATE, YOU WISH YOU WERE ONE ADMIT IT".
"No."
Yeah mate i'm with ya. Qld envy is a farkin silly concept. Bit like comparing a newborn boy with John Holmes.

Well the first place you come into from NSW into QLD is the Gold Coast...

The less said about that the better..

Ducatiboy stu said:

Fair enough call. We should gift The Gold Coast to NSW . Fits in nicely with the Grafton, Newcastle, Sydney theme.

Ducatiboy stu said:

You might not be aware that there are now several ways to get into Qld from NSW without passing through the Gold Coast.

Ducatiboy stu said:

Sometimes we DO agree Stu. :p

Hey wereprawn!
Looks like you have missed a history lesson there somewhere. Do a Google re Qld borders. You might be surprised! :p
I was about to whinge about Tweed being allowed to compete in a Qld comp which is absolutely ridiculous when you consider the number of deadset Qld clubs who are denied. :angry2:

Nobody forced you to come up here fella. You know the option. Follow your passion.

You might not be aware that there are now several ways to get into Qld from NSW without passing through the Gold Coast.
More's the pity!

TidalPete said:
Sometimes we DO agree Stu. :p

Hey wereprawn!
Looks like you have missed a history lesson there somewhere. Do a Google re Qld borders. You might be surprised! :p
I was about to whinge about Tweed being allowed to compete in a Qld comp which is absolutely ridiculous when you consider the number of deadset Qld clubs who are denied. :angry2:

Nobody forced you to come up here fella. You know the option. Follow your passion.

More's the pity!
What am i missing? When QLD split from NSW we should have made the border a bit north. But then again the closer to NSW one is the more like nsw it becomes. Brisbane would be....... well ....lets not think about that.

Aside from which team ends up winning tonight, these three things are bound to happen, 1. Supporters of the losing side will tomorrow whinge and spit about how they were ripped off here and robbed there and that the refs fucked the game. 2. Supporters of the winning side will tomorrow bleat on about how they should've won by more if it weren't for this ruling or that and how the refs fucked the game and 3, refs will more than likely **** the game.

Be that as it may,I've got to go with the Blues by two. A shot at goal from a dodgy penalty late in the piece to break the deadlock.

eungaibitter1 said:
Aside from which team ends up winning tonight, these three things are bound to happen, 1. Supporters of the losing side will tomorrow whinge and spit about how they were ripped off here and robbed there and that the refs fucked the game. 2. Supporters of the winning side will tomorrow bleat on about how they should've won by more if it weren't for this ruling or that and how the refs fucked the game and 3, refs will more than likely **** the game.
Be that as it may,I've got to go with the Blues by two. A shot at goal from a dodgy penalty late in the piece to break the deadlock.
Don't forget billy slater will knee a few people in the back and nothing will be said, not even the commentators.

Other than that, while billy, cooper and Cameron smith are there, it's going to be very hard to beat them. Not to take anything away from the rest of the team, but those three just work like clockwork.

Latest posts

Back