State Of Origin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheWiggman said:
Bloody hell, am I the only bloke in this forum who wasn't brought up in Qld? When NSW won a series (some time ago now...) it was a caper of "tops, we've got the crown this year". A few exchanges of words and a joke or 3 at work for a day or two and we get back to our day jobs and carry on in general.
A win for Qld results in "QUUUUEEEEEEENNNNSSSLLLAAAAAAANNNDDDDDD!!!!!" being screamed in our faces for months on end, like a loud group of cackling ladies disrupting the mood at a bar. Which has been many, many months on end now.

All good fellas, believe it cuts us inside when we lose but after about season 5 it's water off a duck's back now.

Working and living in Qld for 5 years, when I was laughed at and attempted to be ridiculed by other colleagues, they were dead-set offended when I said I was over it. "BULLSHIT MATE, YOU WISH YOU WERE ONE ADMIT IT".
"No."
F me you NSWelshman have short (maybe not so now!) memories. NSW were possibly the sorest winners in sport in the early 2000's and I still remember the lasting BS spewing from their and their supporters' mouths for similarly long times after the win.

mje1980 said:
Don't forget billy slater will knee a few people in the back and nothing will be said, not even the commentators.
Or kick them in the head while taking a high ball - how he got away with that I'll never know.

mje1980 said:
Other than that, while billy, cooper and Cameron smith are there, it's going to be very hard to beat them. Not to take anything away from the rest of the team, but those three just work like clockwork.
This is perhaps one of the main reasons we keep winning, but seriously, if NSW want to win all they have to do is get over our forwards. If Matthew Scott dominates like he has the last few weeks at club level it'll be a slaughter.

wereprawn said:
Fair enough call. We should gift The Gold Coast to NSW . Fits in nicely with the Grafton, Newcastle, Sydney theme.
Dont know how thats supposed to work....

You could'nt even gift us the Gold Coast...why would we want it. Its a genuine Queensland abomination. You built it, you keep it.

Its full of mexicans Stu, you lot can have it.

Poor old QLD..

Couldnt even win the 100th Origin game...

Tissues......

Been very, very quiet this year ... but at last I see the light at the end of the tunnel............. what a great game!

Ducatiboy stu said:
Poor old QLD..
Couldnt even win the 100yh Origin game...
Tissues......
Nah, all good Stu. We didn't play well enough to win. After losing Cronk early we struggled to get the ball out and it took a while to adjust. Two more games.

I watch one or maybe two state of origin matches a year and that's my entire consumption of rugby league. So I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the game.

Paul Gallen is the best, fairest and toughest player to ever play the game.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Poor old QLD..
Couldnt even win the 100th Origin game...
Tissues......
Fatgodzilla said:
Been very, very quiet this year ... but at last I see the light at the end of the tunnel............. what a great game!
Two NSW supporters. Pick the gentleman and point out the Sunnyvale resident. ; )

Stayed up way past my bedtime waiting for the comeback that never arrived. I am a big QLD supporter and we lost Game 1 last year so I still have the faith. Hayne was brilliant and QLD attack tried the trick one time too much and didn't back the right side enough to open up through Hodges/Tate. No Thaiday but most of the new boys stood up. I know Cronk is gone but the big question is are Smith and Slater joining him? Cronk needed to be like the mutant Twin that stayed in the game despite dislocating a shoulder and it would have been a different game
Well done NSW all the same but QLD will fight back

Jeez the ref didn't seem to mind slowing the game down. Every tackle seemed like half time!

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back