State Of Origin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost interest after all the pre-match bullshit. Who gives a shit that a couple of the players used to get paid $500 a week for doing labouring jobs or that someones wife is expecting a child sometime soon. Far out...just play the f(*&xcking game! Managed to last until half way through the second half and went to bed due to boredom.

Steve said:
I lost interest after all the pre-match bullshit. Who gives a shit that a couple of the players used to get paid $500 a week for doing labouring jobs or that someones wife is expecting a child sometime soon. Far out...just play the f(*&xcking game! Managed to last until half way through the second half and went to bed due to boredom.
You missed a pretty epic last 20 minutes then. QLD peppering the NSW line non-stop. NSW unable to get out of our own end. But sustaining the onslaught to claim a famous victory.

Now the script is written and the stage is set for a banged up QLD minus 1 to 4 of their superstars to unleash a bunch of youngsters and win in Sydney against all odds. Setting up a grand finale in Brisbane 3 weeks later.

No doubt I'm cheering for NSW with gusto. And I won't feel any less joy because half the QLD side is injured. But I suspect there's another twist in the tale coming up.

I hope NSW win game 2. Then no one will give a shit about game 3. That will make the promoters happy.

browndog said:
I just hope they never beat the mighty Dragons run of 11 premierships in a row.
Up Tha Saints :)

Origin is nothing but a TV rating game. May as well be My Kithcen Rules.
Now bring it.

shaunous said:
Origin is nothing but a TV rating game. May as well be My Kithcen Rules.
After 8 years of disappointment and a team like yours, your entitled to that opinion.

Origin Game 1 is the only full game of league I've watched this year. It now bores me, everyone's doing the same plays and no one can hold the ball in a tackle, everyone's gotta throw it away trying to do tricky passes mid tackle, and today's scrums, well pathetic is an understatement.

It's no wonder Rugby Union is becoming more popular of the contact sports and AFL is taking off guns ahoy in Nth NSW and Qld.

Shithouse refereeing, taking out the shoulder charge, a pathetic "scrum" and coaching them how to wrestle is killing the game. AFL is gaining popularity due to the work they are putting in at the primary school level with the auskick program, had both my girls, 6 and 8, do it this year and they really push the non contact "safe" message to the parents.

N. nine S. straight W. wins

bradsbrew said:
Queenslander!
...said with 2 front teeth missing, with all syllables muddled and slurred, spitting, with one bung-eye half closed, potentially harbouring an attraction to a female sibling, while wearing a food-stained 1995 queensland jersey tucked into short stubbies...

:)

GO YOU BLUES!

Goodnight, time to get a quick nap in before Socceroo's at 1.30am.

Just have to admit I did put QLD to win in my big sports multi bet, not because I want them to win, but because TV $$$ wants and will get them to win. Go Blues!

FG's back! I reckon when I had a beer with you at that qld case swap at squires place Fats, must've only been like, 2 years since your mob won origin?

Some big hits from the blues, cherry-Evans unlucky to try there.

This could go either way. Hope qld win, being a Victorian there's no way I could ever go for nsw.

Tahoose that's one of the most sensible things I've ever read. Spending my first 20 years on the border that's where the real rivalry is - NSW and Vic. As a New South Welshman who moved to Queensland though, I was met with opposition. I think many of them didn't realise Victoria existed.
Keg just blew out, still got a fortnight of lagering left on my other brew. ****.

Tight first half - will be interesting to see some more open footy once both teams tire in defence.

Dear Queensland

tissues.jpg

Latest posts

Back