SS FV EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob, Coalminer,

Firstly thanks for nothing ........I've now got stainless fever! Must have my precious .....

Been surfing the Winequip site can't find you Aginox units???? Plenty of conicals ...

Where on their site did you find them? and are they the same as these http://www.gourmetimportshop.com/Aginox-s/341.htm there's a 50l halfway down the page.

Cheers and nice find!

Mike

Well I took a drive over to Winequip to see what the all the hoopla was about !

Yob , you should have advised me to take my sunnies the amount of bling emanating from the this joint is amazing
I was looking at a 30 L JOB ...and then noticed the 50 L with a small ding ..offered up some cash
and drove home with the 50 ...

* don't ask for permission ... ask for forgiveness :) sssshhh

cheers Mick

Just wondering... can anyone who has one of the olive centre 30L containers measure how high off the bottom the taps are? Or even better, what volume is left at the bottom when the tap stops flowing?

Cheers,
Josh.

You're a few hours too late for me... Just filled mine fore the first time last night. I can let you know in a couple of weeks if no one else chimes in. I did think it was a bit higher than my Bunnings fermenter though.

iJosh said:
Just wondering... can anyone who has one of the olive centre 30L containers measure how high off the bottom the taps are? Or even better, what volume is left at the bottom when the tap stops flowing?

Cheers,
Josh.
I've just drained mine of napisan solution and weighed it at no flow and empty with no lid.

9.77kg - 3.54kg= 6.23kg

That can't be right ? Surely no more than 2L/kg.

Mines also full. CCing the yeast ATM in an Am Brown. I will also check when I'm done.

Once you've received all the feedback you should be able to get a very accurate estimate, probably +- 5 ml !

I had to tilt to full a growler last night on the 50, would say less than 2l so the 30 would have to be smaller than that

In saying that, there is a lot of yeast in mine after 3 bummock ferments so... Er... Carry on

Just checked it again and made sure it was level and it was 9.725-3.535 so 6.19kg/L
We are talking about the Sansone 30L aren't we?

Wow. I'm surprised.

Edit: Wait, this BB was for Winequip SS FV's, which is what I think most of us are talking about. However the question must be about the Sansone ones since it's for the Olive Centre ones.

iJosh said:

Cheers,
Josh.
So just emptied mine. Dead space was about 6 litres, so quite large and required a lot of tilting to get the goodness out. This is the sansone one from the olive centre.

Holy crap! 6L is heaps. Some sort of pickup tube may be the go. Or just use more grain ;)

Rambo said:
So just emptied mine. Dead space was about 6 litres, so quite large and required a lot of tilting to get the goodness out. This is the sansone one from the olive centre.
Coalminer said:
The Aginox 30L from Winequip are 3 Litres to the lower edge of the tap spigot
Aginox FTW ;)

Agreed, wish I'd paid the extra $30. Still looks great and piss easy to clean though. Taste test still to come.

Latest posts

Back