SS FV EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed... will ask for dimensions and a photo of the inside. And a price which he hasn't as yet provided.

FULL OPEN TOP DRUMS WITH LID AND LOCKING CLAMP
WE HAVE 10 LTR , 20 LTR , 30 LTR , 40 LTR , 50 LTR , UP TO 250 LTR

Yob said:
from >HERE<

Dunno if this'll gain legs or not, but Id love a couple of 30l and a 60l SS FV, these look the goods (pending further information). Emails have been sent and awaiting a reply, will keep on them. The look like they would stack pretty well too, so hopefully postage will be friendly. Need to also confirm that the sizes listed below are available. IF I get a PDS or similar I will post.
That link takes me to a photo of a "conical drum".

What is conical about it?

Looks like a brew pot with a sealable lid.

Yob said:
WE HAVE 10 LTR , 20 LTR , 30 LTR , 40 LTR , 50 LTR , UP TO 250 LTR
All+right+++++++Come+on+in+++++_f4ca6b52f45435a5ceb8bfc30c0bf418.jpg

Noob question coming:

Can anyone explain the main advantages of a ss vessel, I understand most breweries would use ss equipment so it must have its advantages and their shiny, but the price jump from a carboy to a ss fermenter seems like a large one generally.

Cheers

Woostyle said:
Noob question coming:

Can anyone explain the main advantages of a ss vessel, I understand most breweries would use ss equipment so it must have its advantages and their shiny, but the price jump from a carboy to a ss fermenter seems like a large one generally.

Cheers

For me the main advantage would be buying something that never needs to be replaced, I'm a bit paranoid with my plastic fermenters and they get swapped out every 3-6 months when I can't get the smells out, at $30ish a pop and 2 or 3 fermenters it adds up over time.

Easier to clean, cold - crash (or temp control to pitching after brewing) in fridge / freezer is quicker cause plastic insulates, metal conducts, in my mind - can sanitise by boiling water in it, supposedly cleaner flavours (could all be in the head). Longer lasting. For me - dual purpose if it is a pot: use for heating sparge water and then as fermenter. More durable over time... Those are my thoughts.

i might be interested in a couple of 30l if the price is OK.

I import as my day job, so if you need any advice or anything...

I'm sort of half interested in how this goes but not going commit to buying one for myself.

However my girlfriend works in the freight forwarding industry so if you need air freight out of India or Asia. Just send me a pm and I will give her the heads up and pass on the details.

I would also like a 30L fv if its gonna stay under the $100 or so mark.

30L

1: Yob #2
2: Danwood #2
3: Mardoo #2
4: djar007 #2
5: davedoran #1
Running total - #9

60L

1: Yob #1
2: Jez #1
3: djar007 #1

Running total: 3

Same for me, I'm keen, depending on price

30L

6: Mattress #2
Running total - 11

60L

Running total: 3

30L

7. Black n tan #1
Running total - 12

60L

4: black n tan #2

Running total: 5

30L

7. Black n tan #1
8. Billygoat #2
Running total - 14

60L

Running total: 5

I'd be interested in a couple of 30L jiggers, price dependant.

Tahoose said:
However my girlfriend works in the freight forwarding industry so if you need air freight out of India or Asia. Just send me a pm and I will give her the heads up and pass on the details.
The odds on getting a better spot rate from an airline for these on this end compared to what a manufacturing company in India would be getting is near impossible, it's staggering the sort of prices these mobs in India and China are getting on freight.

Add into that the insurance, customs clearances and the additional cost of local delivery it's much simpler to get a CIF quote from the manufacturer direct to Yob's door.

With my limited knowledge of how that insdustry works I agree with you. It might not be the best option.

Just throwing it out there if it can be of any help.

billygoat said:
30L

7. Black n tan #1
8. Billygoat #2
9. mckenry #1 - what with the hashtag? r we tweeting this now??
Running total - 15

60L

5: mckenry 1
Running total: 6
Like all else - price dependant

30L

7. Black n tan #1
8. Billygoat #2
9. mckenry #1 - what with the hashtag? r we tweeting this now??
10.Scooby #3
Running total - 15

60L

5: mckenry 1
Running total: 6

Back