Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happened back on the 4th of June, when my thread I made was merged into this one by the mods. Just renaming it would work I'd imagine.

I was wondering about that too, I don't recall posting in the showing off thread but it's not that out of the ordinary for me to not remember.

Got around to making a bracket for my new brew controller today. Figured I could squeeze a batch out this avo to test it all out. Ramp/soak PID worked perfectly and with all the led's it was easy to watch from the kitchen window. Next project is to clad the carport I brew under, Melbourne's weather isn't ideal for outdoor brewing ATM.
20140629_143727.jpg 20140629_160916.jpg 20140629_172840.jpg

Camo6 said:
Got around to making a bracket for my new brew controller today. Figured I could squeeze a batch out this avo to test it all out. Ramp/soak PID worked perfectly and with all the led's it was easy to watch from the kitchen window. Next project is to clad the carport I brew under, Melbourne's weather isn't ideal for outdoor brewing ATM.

Amazing.

Good work Mate, [GWC]

thanks for sharing... Seriously, awesome.

Camo6 said:
attachicon.gif
20140629_143727.jpg
attachicon.gif
20140629_160916.jpg
attachicon.gif
20140629_172840.jpg
Mate that is truly awesome. What a work of art. Can you share some info on how you made your herms vessel? My PVC pipe job has started to warp after too many boil overs when I stop flow to transfer to kettle and forget to switch it off. Time to upgrade.

The last pic wtih glowing lights in the gloom looks as if aliens have landed in the carport :).
Nice rig though. Yep cladding the walls will make brewing more comfortable gotta be freezing in that weather,but that's the passion of brewing.
Cheers....spog...

I brewed on Sunday and fark me it was cold even in the garage. Everytime I came inside the house with the heater going I didnt want to leave again. And standing out the front in the rain hosing off vessels wasnt fun either.

Only plus side is that the water in my rain tank was that cold it pulled my lager wort down to 10C through the plate chiller so I could pitch straight away instead of having to wait 24 hours for it to cool down in the fridge.

Finally finished water testing my last week, waiting on my craftbrewer order to fire the first brew up on her..full rebuild of stand, HEX location, new pump, new plumbing, electric kettle (not shown)

IMG_20140626_200711.jpg

Truman said:
I brewed on Sunday and fark me it was cold even in the garage. Everytime I came inside the house with the heater going I didnt want to leave again. And standing out the front in the rain hosing off vessels wasnt fun either.

Only plus side is that the water in my rain tank was that cold it pulled my lager wort down to 10C through the plate chiller so I could pitch straight away instead of having to wait 24 hours for it to cool down in the fridge.
Thanks all for the praise. It's nice that someone else appreciates all the time I spend in the backyard instead of renovating the house.
Truman the hex us part of a still a mate's dad made when he worked in the food industry. I had to modify it a bit and if I was to source another I'd use 100mm tube or one of Nevs new housings. I'll send you a bit more info on it when I get home.

Camo6 said:
Thanks all for the praise. It's nice that someone else appreciates all the time I spend in the backyard instead of renovating the house.
Truman the hex us part of a still a mate's dad made when he worked in the food industry. I had to modify it a bit and if I was to source another I'd use 100mm tube or one of Nevs new housings. I'll send you a bit more info on it when I get home.
I was just trying to find Nevs new housings on his website but cant seem to find them?

found it..

I have been brewing a few BIAB batches in the warehouse to get some kegs filled up, as I'm running very dry.

Realised I forgot my pulley, so I improvised. Magic moment was when I used side shift to move it over a bucket for a dunk sparge!

draining.jpg

Wish I could brew at work... One day, when I buy a pub :)

Nick R said:
I have been brewing a few BIAB batches in the warehouse to get some kegs filled up, as I'm running very dry.

Realised I forgot my pulley, so I improvised. Magic moment was when I used side shift to move it over a bucket for a dunk sparge!

attachicon.gif
draining.jpg
Oh FFS, that's just showing off. Which, given the thread, I guess is appropriate...

Anyone know how to engineer a scenario where I can use a fork lift in a brewing scenario at work? I currently work in IT at a bank.

All I've managed to do tonight is cut my thumb wide open. Plenty of improvement here.

Nick R that looks kinda like a set of nuts...lol

My electric BIAB rig with PID controller, have only done one run so far and needs a bit of parameter tuning, went well though and can do a double batch

20140611_090947.jpg

20140416_082953.jpg

Good idea you have used with the bolts to hold the bag in place.
Cheers...spog...

Back