Roadies/travellers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(2) No person shall drive a motor vehicle while any person in the vehicle is, to his knowledge, consuming intoxicating liquor.

OK I can understand the first one, but this is one is just silly. Especially if it's on a bus with a toilet on board. How many bucks parties/football clubs/boys weekends etc would there be with an esky of cold ones in the back of the bus to keep the passengers occupied while they reach their destination...

What could possibly be the reasoning behind it?

They went out the window when the cop came into my house, pulled the speaker wires from my P.A. and snatched my Irish Red from my hand when I was about to take a swig.

Invited or not, you still should have offered him a pint, refer back to Fatgodzilla's post regarding manners! :p

Cheers SJ

OK I can understand the first one, but this is one is just silly. Especially if it's on a bus with a toilet on board. What could possibly be the reasoning behind it?

Can't have people enjoying themselves these days can we. This is Australia.

OK I can understand the first one, but this is one is just silly. Especially if it's on a bus with a toilet on board. What could possibly be the reasoning behind it?

Really got me buggered.
They would of had a field day if they saw what used to go on in the back of my van while we were on tour.

It'll be 'Operation Roady' and the special task force will be out.
Better disconnect that keg that's in the boot just in case.

best one is when your off to a family do and have a full 9L keg in the seat and the wifes driving....pull up to a set of lights, pour yourself another pot and watch the guy in the car next to you get all sad cause you've got a keg and he hasnt.

i always thought it was ok to have any open container (water, coke, beer) in the car as long as you dont drink when your driving and are under .05 - litteraly

same with phones, its ok to talk as long as you have both hands on the wheel. (handsfree)

2981 NSW rule: drinking while driving
(cf RRR, cl 47E)

A driver must not consume alcohol while driving.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

<A name=pt.18-div.1-rule.2981-nt.1>Note. This rule is an additional NSW road rule. There is no corresponding rule in the Australian Road Rules</I>.​

I just checked this on http://www.legislation.nsw.gov
http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/fragview...))&tocnav=y

Maximum penalty might be 20 but it looks like standard penalty is 3 demerit points.
Nothing there about passengers not being allowed to have roadies :chug:

They went out the window when the cop came into my house, pulled the speaker wires from my P.A. and snatched my Irish Red from my hand when I was about to take a swig.

That cop was a hater; sounds like he dun be a Karaoke hater!

2981 NSW rule: drinking while driving

(cf RRR, cl 47E)

A driver must not consume alcohol while driving.

Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

<A name=pt.18-div.1-rule.2981-nt.1>Note. This rule is an additional NSW road rule. There is no corresponding rule in the Australian Road Rules</I>.​

But officer, I wasn't driving. I was stopped at the traffic lights :lol:

" The DUI offence also applies to people on skateboards and rollerblades, cyclists, riders of animals and drivers of vehicles drawn by animals; offenders are likely to be fined. "

I always find this part of the rule quite hilarious because if you get caught dui on a bicycle or horse or skateboard and they take you licence off you then you are forced back onto the horse or bicycle or skateboard for transport anyway.

There was an article in the Adelaide paper a couple of months ago saying that we're the only state where it's still legal to drink whilst driving (assuming yr below .05%). It was written in the advertiser so I have no idea if it's accurate or not.

" The DUI offence also applies to people on skateboards and rollerblades, cyclists, riders of animals and drivers of vehicles drawn by animals; offenders are likely to be fined. "

I always find this part of the rule quite hilarious because if you get caught dui on a bicycle or horse or skateboard and they take you licence off you then you are forced back onto the horse or bicycle or skateboard for transport anyway.

It's gonna be a bit hard for the cops to catch me riding pissed on my pushbike.
No plates so they can't trace me and I ride better when I'm pissed.

Justifiable abuse then and probably worth the $230 :D

Many many years ago a mate of mine almost got done while riding a bike drunk. Apparently they drove past him and he yelled something at them, so they pulled over, searched him, fined him $100 for having no lights on his bike (twas at night) threatened to take him to the police station for being drunk on a bike, let his tyres down and then let him go.

In WA the driver and passengers drinking in a car are considered to be 'Drinking in public'... I know this because my old boy got done for having passengers drinking in the car (yes, even though we wasn't drinking he still got fined because a car can't be driven with any alcohol being consumed).

It all seems quite harmless, but so does having a beer in the park (also illegal), most of us would be pretty tame and enjoy our beer but there are those idiots who F%$K it up by throwing bottles out of the car, annoying the driver, yelling at people in other cars and pedestrians. As for the people on push-bikes and skateboards, the law is there to protect them (and I'm sure the fine would be hefty enough along with suspension of license (if they have one))...even though you can't smash through someones house on your skateboard, you could very well skate infront of traffic, cause a car to swerve which then causes some major damage etc.

If you don't want to get done, don't do it...or make sure everyone keeps an eye out for cops and don't take a swig when they are driving right beside you :p One of the downsides of living in a 1st world countries! Damn those laws!

If it's 3 demerit points it's probably worth the risk if you reckon you can get away with it.

I always thought it'd be a DUI charge even if below 0.05

It's gonna be a bit hard for the cops to catch me riding pissed on my pushbike.
No plates so they can't trace me and I ride better when I'm pissed.
+1 abt riding better when pissed.

But seriously, riding a pushie gets you into that alert zone cause of all that ... Well, pushing. Not that I'll try it when obscenely drunk. Hell, its a gamble riding on the road alongside SOBER drivers who honk at ya just to scare the wits out of u. Actually, being drunk you might be able to ignore that, thus improving safety.

PS: tongue in my cheek.

Back