Qld Xmas case Swap 2014- 6 Dec

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pittched mine thismorning
SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY
1. Earle - red wheat saison
2. Beersuit - something funky.
3. Liam_s - beer probably
4. Bradsbrew - beer
5. lukiferj
6. tazman1967 Brett Saison
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale
9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison
10. Winkle - some thing, Bisayan Maputi #2 maybe?
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
15. NickB - An IPA, or a Lager, or a Weizen, or a Stout, or maybe a BlackHopfenStoutWeizen fermented as a Lager...
16.hwall95 - Springtime Saison
17.Robv - beer
18.benken25. burn down the barn (rauchbier saison)
19. Donske (unsure whether attending, hopefully though as it's crawling distance from my own bed, no sleeping in the car this time around)
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier (Not attending)
21. Aydos - wouldn't have a bloody clue yet
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops
23. Ballantyne Brew - malty liquid

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete
Florian
Ciderman

Finally decided on a recipe. Will be dusting off and reassembling the brew rig for a Friday night brew.

SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY
1. Earle - red wheat saison
2. Beersuit - something funky.
3. Liam_s - beer probably
4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter
5. lukiferj
6. tazman1967 Brett Saison
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale
9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison
10. Winkle - some thing, Bisayan Maputi #2 maybe?
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
15. NickB - An IPA, or a Lager, or a Weizen, or a Stout, or maybe a BlackHopfenStoutWeizen fermented as a Lager...
16.hwall95 - Springtime Saison
17.Robv - beer
18.benken25. burn down the barn (rauchbier saison)
19. Donske (unsure whether attending, hopefully though as it's crawling distance from my own bed, no sleeping in the car this time around)
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier (Not attending)
21. Aydos - wouldn't have a bloody clue yet
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops
23. Ballantyne Brew - malty liquid

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete
Florian
Ciderman

arrrrghh, should have brewed a saison to fit in with the cool kids. I'll be the only one with a wit. Man, I am always out of the loop....

I already know what I'll be brewing for the July case swap.

Also confirmed my younger bro is going to come. He's not a brewer but is thinking about starting. he he, sucker.... We'll pull into Brisbane Brewhouse on the way so I can drain his wallet for some commercials to bring.

angus_grant said:
arrrrghh, should have brewed a saison to fit in with the cool kids. I'll be the only one with a wit. Man, I am always out of the loop....

I already know what I'll be brewing for the July case swap.

Also confirmed my younger bro is going to come. He's not a brewer but is thinking about starting. he he, sucker.... We'll pull into Brisbane Brewhouse on the way so I can drain his wallet for some commercials to bring.

That's just evil, allowing a family member to start brewing, there goes any hope of him ever having any money to spare.

angus_grant said:
hahaha, funny comment :D
I personally think a wit is a very nice beer in the summer, my favorite being Hoegaarden...
In fact, I've made up my mind, after I've brewed all the beers I need for the Chrissy period, I'm gonna brew up a clone of that! YUM :p

First time I've brewed a wit, hence the Sarcastic Wit name. It could indeed end up being the lowest form of wit..

Pitched my Forbidden Fruits starter last night. Not getting much aroma of lemon and lime from the wort, so will see about dry-hopping some lemon and lime towards end of ferment if necessary.

Thinking about adding some medium dark candi syrup as the gravity is down by 6 points, and I thought it might add some interesting flavour and aroma. Getting further away from what a wit is by standards, but that doesn't bother me..

If you need lemon I'd give Sorachi Ace a whirl mate, it's not my favourite hop but it certainly brings the lemon in truck loads.

BenKen 25,
Noice choice for a Saison, been looking at adding some smoke to my Dark Winter Saison, cant wait to try yours :icon_drool2:

Angus, I'll be bringing along my Lost Abbey Witches Wit clone to drink.. you wont be the only half wit at the Swap. :ph34r:

Hope I'm not out-witted.

Should have a bunch of bottles left over considering my brew was 26L and there are only 21 swappers now. Not sure if they will be carb'd by the swap though.

Pretty happy with how my Motueka Lager is going down. I find the hop flavour and aroma very much like Nelsen Sauvin - strong white grape. I haven't really liked it that much in the past but I think this one might be a winner.

It will be a great lawnmower summer beer and at 6% you'll want to make sure you've finished the mowing before drinking :)

Parks said:
Pretty happy with how my Motueka Lager is going down. I find the hop flavour and aroma very much like Nelsen Sauvin - strong white grape. I haven't really liked it that much in the past but I think this one might be a winner.

It will be a great lawnmower summer beer and at 6% you'll want to make sure you've finished the mowing before drinking :)
That's why John Deere's have glass holders.

HAHAHA damn walking mower, happy most of my lawn is cooch, or however that's spelled. It means it still looks ok unclipped (i do prefer it trimmed though)

I'm not 100% sure I'll be in it this time, I'm still yet to ferment any beer. Hopefully I'll get one going on Saturday with any luck

Aaaah the possible wit-icisms are endless :D

I just tried my Galaxy Blonde, it turned out well if cloudy. Bloody Coopers Commercial yeast; I love the flavor it lends the beer but that sucker just won't drop out of suspension!

Come on aydos. "You can do it"

Might be nice to have a bottle in the swap that needs a couple of weeks to carb and mature. Might last till Xmas. :)

I can't wait to get into the swap beers. Last lot were all very good.

Again, I am starting to worry about how mine is going to turn out. Even more worries this time given the quality level of beers in the last swap.

You guys look like getting my UXB Belgo Pale, I'm undecided as to bottle condition or CPBF, probably unfiltered. Depends on how its shaping up at end of ferment I guess.

Latest posts

Back