Qld Ahb Visit To 152 Oxford Micro Sat 12th Aug

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Month

• July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hmmm, could be a small problem with the Cat times here. Since we need to be at 152 by noon to be in on the tour, that's not going to leave a lot of time after getting off the Cat at 11:53. It's about a 5 mins walk to 152 Oxford IIRC, so if the ferry is late no tour :-(

The earlier Cat arrives at Bulimba @ 11:26, which will get you to 152 with heaps of time to spare, but it leaves Riverside @ 11:03, which will be too early for the Sunny Coast train people.

Just thought I'd mention this - don't want anyone to be dissapointed.

Cheers,

Alan.

hmmm, could be a small problem with the Cat times here. Since we need to be at 152 by noon to be in on the tour, that's not going to leave a lot of time after getting off the Cat at 11:53. It's about a 5 mins walk to 152 Oxford IIRC, so if the ferry is late no tour :-(

The earlier Cat arrives at Bulimba @ 11:26, which will get you to 152 with heaps of time to spare, but it leaves Riverside @ 11:03, which will be too early for the Sunny Coast train people.

Cheers,

Alan.

It's Ok - 12.00 isn't set in concrete, just need to get some sort of schedule happening, so if the Sunshine coast guys arrive a touch late, they'll be fine :)

+++

Any other late additions? - should be a top afternoon...

cheers Ross

Emailed Megan Doyle tonight to advise numbers are now 13. Will follow up with a phone call in the morning, see you all Saturday.

Cheers

Cheers,

Alan.

Shhh, (tour is booked for 12:30 didn't want any straglers holding things up, we'll be ok)!

Good on ya srewtop good to someone putting it all on the line to help cause :super: your a champion.
see ya saturday 9.00am

cheers Monkale

Screwtop, my mate from Sydney has advised me he is not going to make it up here in time to make it for the tour so it will be just me. Still tossing up whether to leg it in by public transport or ride the bike in and be a good boy.

cheers

Browndog

Shhh, (tour is booked for 12:30 didn't want any straglers holding things up, we'll be ok)!

Phew, crisis over.

I'll be joining the sunny coast lads on the 11:30am Cat from Riverside.

Cheers,

Alan.

Screwtop, my mate from Sydney has advised me he is not going to make it up here in time to make it for the tour so it will be just me. Still tossing up whether to leg it in by public transport or ride the bike in and be a good boy.

cheers

Browndog

Hey tony,

Get the train & then get him to join us & drive you home :)

cheers Ross

would love to come guys but it will work out too expensive for me. I've just loaded up the credit card with expenses like 40 Litre urns etc. unless a coodgee fighting fund is in the works?! haahaha. just kidding!

would love to come guys but it will work out too expensive for me. I've just loaded up the credit card with expenses like 40 Litre urns etc. unless a coodgee fighting fund is in the works?! haahaha. just kidding!

Am in a similar boat, was hoping to drop in after the tour was finished for some drinks but funds are not agreeing with me at the moment.

next time for sure. Have fun! :beer:

coodgee and sluggerdog tour fighting fund. the lines are now open. help these poor micro-brewery-beer starved little fellas reach their goal of getting pissed in public. you can donate at any micro-brewery today. get on the phone....

Am in a similar boat, was hoping to drop in after the tour was finished for some drinks but funds are not agreeing with me at the moment.

next time for sure. Have fun! :beer:

Come on sluggerdog - Just spent 5 mins clicking on the advertisers links on your website - surely that'll be enough to get you a beer :) I'll shout you a couple as well.... :party:

cheers Ross

Coodgee and Sluggerdog,
come on you blokes, (how much is it costing us anyway? :blink: )

cheers

The 11;30 cat is looking good

cheers

Browndog

I unfortunately wont be there :( but your mission if your chose to accept it is to find out whats in their APA :chug:

No Way Jye that's a personal mission given you by ms Moneypenny. None of us are going to undertake it.

Just spoke to Megal Doyle of 152 Oxford, all is fine for tomorrow for 13 on the tour.

Come on you guys, brewers are not pikers!

See you all tomorrow. Als_World see you at the Riverside ferry stop before 11:30 will PM my mobile number

TidalPete and I have been waiting for 10 hours now. Where are you guys?

Just joking...

Shocked at your poor form Jye. I've just got home from a 6 hour farewell of a friend but I'll still be there. Lucky some of us brewers are committed or, in my case, should be! Very dissapointed!

See you tomorrow Screwtop and other 'real' brewers - lol

Pat

Ok Boys, looks like I'm the first home with a camera, so here's the pics
Dsc01026jpg.jpg
Here is the gang having a tasting of the beers 152 Oxford had to offer. from left to right is SJC, Snow, Screwtop, Brissiebrew, Pistolpatch, Ross, Monkale, Browndog and Al's World.

Dsc01028jpg.jpg
According to Ross, the redclaw was pretty good!

Dsc01029jpg.jpg
7pm saw us at the belgian beer cafe in Brissie drinking rediculously priced beers in expensive looking glasses, some that resembled desert bowls.

All in all a great time was had by all with some good beers and food consumed in great company. Can't wait till Pistolpatch does his tour of the Gold Coast.

cheers

Browndog

I,ve surfaced.

Thanks all, a great day, good to meet new faces. Those 152 beers were all good, don't think any would disagree.

Well it was certainly a great day/night. I crawled into bed about midnight (so that was about 12 hours of straight drinking) after leaving Ross and Pistolpatch to find Pistol a life partner at some seedy lap dancing venue ;). I feel surprisingly good this morning - must be all the quality beer we drank! :party:

Thanks to Screwtop for organising the get together and the tour, which was very interesting. It was great to catch up with forum members I hadn't met and put some faces to names. We even managed to recruit a new brewer who hopefully will be signing up soon under the moniker "Liquor".

Cheers - Snow

Pat & I had a fruitless search finding him a woman to :wub: & called it a night at approx 1.30am.
Pat's just depearted back to the coast looking a little weary...

It was a great afternoon/night - Good company & lovely beers - A special thanks to Grant (assistant brewer at the 152) forgoing a personal function to give us an informative talk & sit & drink beer with us for half the afternoon. Pictured here with his lovely lady.

Grant.jpg

cheers Ross

Back