Babbs Competition Update

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got my entry already Ross, hopefully you've got it in a spot that goes well for bottle carbonation :) . Taking for ever to carbonate at home, too cold obviously.

You've got my entry already Ross, hopefully you've got it in a spot that goes well for bottle carbonation :) . Taking for ever to carbonate at home, too cold obviously.

Sat in a 4c cold room with all the other entries.

cheers Ross

When is the actual judging date? (i.e. settling and carbonation, if the bottles can sit for a while then I'll bottle condition them and post. On the other hand if the judging day is extremely imminent then I'll fine n keg them and CPBF the entries).
Cheers

I don't know the actual date - Just asap, as we need to get the winning 4 beers brewed & on tap by the 1st september.
Hopefully we'll get all the winning brewers down here to brew on the same day - the brewery will small awesome!!! :)

Cheers Ross

Edit: Bribie - All entries will be stored cold until judging, so if they still need carbonation time you're going to be out of luck.

I don't know the actual date - Just asap, as we need to get the winning 4 beers brewed & on tap by the 1st september.
Hopefully we'll get all the winning brewers down here to brew on the same day - the brewery will small awesome!!! :)

Cheers Ross

Edit: Bribie - All entries will be stored cold until judging, so if they still need carbonation time you're going to be out of luck.

Expecting some fat bastards to win mate?
:ph34r:

Edit: "All your base malts are belong to us"

Bribie - All entries will be stored cold until judging, so if they still need carbonation time you're going to be out of luck.

Looks like it will be the Ross Method then :lol:

Hey is that the time? better get the Marga out

Edit: don't worry about sourcing supplies to brew my recipes: readily available locally :D

polenta_bulk.jpg

Good to see you giving the others a chance Bribie....

There again, if you win with your Polenta Smash you might see a few give up completely :lol:

I had tuesday 12th down as the cut off date for the archive beers, I believe Dave told everyone at the meeting the cut off date was saturday 16th. I piped up about the 12th to no avail.

-Browndog

I had tuesday 12th down as the cut off date for the archive beers, I believe Dave told everyone at the meeting the cut off date was saturday 16th. I piped up about the 12th to no avail.

-Browndog
:angry: I was not 100% sure on the night so if you remember I asked the members to please read the announce that had been sent out about comps to confirm the cutoff date.

:angry: I was not 100% sure on the night so if you remember I asked the members to please read the announce that had been sent out about comps to confirm the cutoff date.

Cunning plan PB, cunning indeed. :D

Divide and Rule :)

I'll post, the nearest possible BABBs entrant is Daz who is actually a 60k round trip from Bribie Island to N'ba so it's cheaper and far easier to slip them in a baggy.

Blatant attempt to corner the comp for himself. Strip him of his win on Thursday....

:ph34r:

EDIT: Bribie - make sure you don't post the original contents of the baggy though, or your beers may be 'intercepted'....ahem.

sorry dave, didn't mean get get you all angry and stuff.

What are the labelling / paperwork requirements for putting in the two entries? 2L Goonie with a fluoro label ok?

1 unmarked 750ml brown bottle, plastic or glass. Name on piece of paper attached to bottle with rubberband.

cheers Ross

1 unmarked 750ml brown bottle, plastic or glass. Name on piece of paper attached to bottle with rubberband.

cheers Ross
Damm it Ross, I was just about to tell him it was to be a clear plastic bag sealed with a rubber band. :(

cheers Ross
Cheers Ross.

120g of Simcoe/chinook/cascade just dropped in fermenter :beerbang:

cheers Ross

But what would be even better, is if you downloaded a BABBs competition entry form from our web page and used that to register and mark your entries :)

Browndog

BABBs Chief Steward

But what would be even better, is if you downloaded a BABBs competition entry form from our web page and used that to register and mark your entries :)

Browndog

BABBs Chief Steward

DOH............. I see we are only discussing the Archive entries here. There is no official entry form, just do as Ross says

cheers

Browndog

Latest posts

Back