Babbs Competition Update

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you make the deadline Nick, I'm not going to :icon_cheers: .
Always next year....

Hope you make the deadline Nick, I'm not going to :icon_cheers: .
Always next year....

Damn Winkle this was your year. :p

Shame to hear about Dave Clarke being disqualified for being too tall & Bribie for too many posts on AHB :lol:

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Made it by a few minutes. Kegged and carbonated two batched, one is good (the Mild) one is OK (the 'American Mild/APA/Partigyle Hop madness beer)

Cheers!

BUMP: any news yet on when the presentation night is going to happen? If it's the same week as BABBs I won't be able to attend both as getting ready to go on holiday and just too much to do.
And the following weekend I'll be suppin' at the 4 Pines or ///'s pub or somewhere similar.

Not that I'm expecting to roll the comp this year or anything, I've only put 4 beers in this year but would like to fill out my social diary for the next few weeks :p

Bribie,

Putting out an announce this morning - The presentation night will be held at the August club meeting after our AGM.

Ross
Brew Master

Announce has gone out, but will copy it here for those of you that don't read your emails B)

Members,

To give us time to get all the trophys sorted & ensure a good attendance of members for the evening, this years presentation night will be at our regular August Club meeting on the 25th August.
This our also our AGM meeting, so the award ceremony will follow straight after the election of new officers. We also will be putting on a nice feed & some beers for the night, so please make sure you attend & give the winners the support they deserve.
Theres still time if you are willing to get more involved with running the club, so please email one of the committee members if interested.

Cheers

Ross Kenrick
Brew Master

I must have missed it, but does anyone know kick off time for judging tomorrow?

8.00am sharp Geoff.... Beers at Archive in the afternoon :party: We have 3 of our beers on tap for the Winter warmer w/e

cheers Ross

I'd like to put my hands together and say a big thank you to everone who turned up today and offered their time. To the Judges, both experienced and new, to the Stewards for their great organisation and to Ross for the venue. Big thanks go to Lyall and Graeme from the PUBS club for judging in categories then going on to judge the BoS. Thanks must also go to the BABBs Committee, who put many hrs in behind the scenes to make these things happen. The day went very smoothly and everyone appeared to have a good time.

cheers

Browndog

Thanks to all involved! As a first time judge, I was very impressed with the professionalism from the other judges, and especially the stewards and organisers....

Had some fantastic beers today, and from chatting with the other judges, it looks like the standard was extremely high!

Look forward to the next challenge, and of course, the results.

Cheers

Spent today at work fretting <_<
Moving right along to the QABC State comp, would Ross be willing to accept deliveries of beers for the comp at the August BABBs meeting as long as it doesn't interfere with the night's proceedings?
e.g. all to be delivered and out of the way by 7.15 or something like that?

Back