Qld Ahb Visit To 152 Oxford Micro Sat 12th Aug

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Month

• July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
Some local Homebrewers here on the Sunshine Coast have suggested a day visit to the 152 Oxford Microbrewery. Tidal Pete has paid them a visit previously and found it to his liking. Have a look

The suggestion is that Sunshine Coast Brewers take public transport where possible to catch a train to the City where we would meet up with other Qld Homebrewers. Hopefully Brisbane and Gold Coast brewers can also get together as a group to meet us.

Completely open to suggestions as to as date and also where we should meet and make our way to 152 Oxford.

See the reply from assistant manager Jai Alexander below. Hopefully the day will consist of lunch at 152 followed by a brewery tour and tasting and then for those who wish, settle in for a CBPU and enjoy a few more of their beers before taking public transport home. Simply an informative day of fellowship for the Qld brewing fraternity.

Please reply if you would like to join in. All suggestions gladly considered to make this a great day out for all.

Not wanting to leave any AHB'ers out, lets see if we can maybe offer a bed so that fellow Brewers from the West or North can join us.

My suggestion is for a Sat sometime between July 15 and Aug 26. Apply for an extended leave pass now!

Reply from 152 Oxford:

We can start the tour at 1pm; it only takes approx 45 mins. This includes a tour of the brewery and our head brewer explaining how everything is done.

You will then sample 6 of our beers that we brew here at Oxford, and then may choose your favourite for another sample.

Kind regards

Jai Alexander
Assistant Manager
Oxford 152

Count me in :party: I'll go with the flow...

cheers Ross

I vaguely remember a visit to the 152 Oxford when I was in Qld last year. A good night but a banging head ache the next day, for which I blame Ross. I didn't make it to the morning sessions of the conference the next day and struggled at the conference dinner that night. Wish I could join you boys for the outing.

Cheers
MAH

I'll mention this at the BABB meeting tonight, and direct people to this site for info.

Incidentally, later this year Oxford 152 will be brewing the winning beer from our club's annual competition.

I would love to go. I am busy on all Saturdays until end of July. August is good for me.

regards old dog

:beer:

The night we had there last year (when GMK was up here) was well attended, and a good night all round, so I'll be in.

Although... I seem to remember seeing a post a couple of months back on here from MercsOwn (??) that Oxford 152 was no longer brewing, as they had been bought out. Don't know if this was, or still is the case ??

Edit: Just found the post from Mercs - http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=8927

The night we had there last year (when GMK was up here) was well attended, and a good night all round, so I'll be in.

Although... I seem to remember seeing a post a couple of months back on here from MercsOwn (??) that Oxford 152 was no longer brewing, as they had been bought out. Don't know if this was, or still is the case ??

Brewing as normal :)

Cheers Ross

Is 152 Oxford in the city CBD?

Sorry for the departure off topic

I will be in Brisbane in a couple of weeks and am interested in sampling their goods

Cheers

Is 152 Oxford in the city CBD?

Sorry for the departure off topic

I will be in Brisbane in a couple of weeks and am interested in sampling their goods

Cheers

The 152 is in Bulimba, 10 mins from the CBD.

Carbrook Brewery 30 mins from the CBD :party:

cheers Ross

Thanks Ross

My visit will be quick

Staying at the Carlton Crest ................. walk to Suncorp Stadium .................... watch the Wallabies flog the Yarpies ................. fit in as many good beers as possible

Any suggestions for good drinking holes in the CBD?

Cheers

I'm in depending on the date.

Thanks Ross

My visit will be quick

Staying at the Carlton Crest ................. walk to Suncorp Stadium .................... watch the Wallabies flog the Yarpies ................. fit in as many good beers as possible

Any suggestions for good drinking holes in the CBD?

Cheers

Ditto Yye about 152 Oxford, and Beerpig I will be at that game also.

Time to vote for a Month and Day to make things easier

If the missus gives me a leave pass, I'll be there..... august would be nice considering we have the swap in july men.

cheers

browndog

edit spelling

Time to vote for a Month and Day to make things easier

I'm in :beerbang: but August would suit me better.

Please bear in mind that there is more public transport on a Saturday. More trains back to the Coast. Probably more ferrys although you'd have to check the timetables to verify that.

:beer:

Please bear in mind that there is more public transport on a Saturday. More trains back to the Coast. Probably more ferrys although you'd have to check the timetables to verify that.

Thanks Pete, can you suggest a public transport path to 152 Oxford. Where do you suggest we get off the train?

:party:
Ill be in this one. When the date is set Ill mark it on my calender.
Cheers Altstart

Ok,

Sat August 12th

Meet in Brissy WHERE??????????

Do we want to all meet in the city and make our way en-masse to 152, suggestions please!!

Ok,

Sat August 12th

Meet in Brissy WHERE??????????

Do we want to all meet in the city and make our way en-masse to 152, suggestions please!!

Go on make it in August :angry:

Batz

Latest posts

Back