Powells bulk buy ..Qld brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as a thought, can you post a list off all the specialty grain they have, and iff we all agree we can get a bag each between the lot of us and share it?.....just a though, i dont mind comming up and helping you to weigh it all out

Looks as if we maybe restricted to Ale , Pilsner or Wheat by thier reply

I have recieved a reply from Powells
as you can see some of thier malt will be definitely ok.
I have asked if the Munich , Vienna , Organic Pils can be guaranteed

Hi Jeff
as we advised Mark, the Munich and Caramalt had been sitting in sacks and had absorbed mioisture through a concrete floor during our recent bout of heavy rain.All our wheat , ale , pilsner malts are freshly produced and still in silo.The organic malt is 5 months old and high protein . Please advise if you want to proceed with an amended order .
Cheers

Batz

Batz said:
Ok I have a reply from Powells

$225 plus GST

Now that price will be for a pallet , they can fit 40 bags on a pallet :p

Anyone else for some bulk malt ??

If your interested PM me for prices

Batz
[post="66178"][/post]​
Geez is that price for real?? :eek: I calculate around $6.25 for a 25kg bag!?! How much will delivery be? Oh well, regardless, I'll take 1 bag each of the Pilsener, Wheat and the Ale, please. Do you think you'd be able to get it delivered before your brew day? If so, I could get Jgriffin to bring mine back to Brissy with him...

Good on you for organising this, Batz!

Cheers - Snow.

I'm pretty sure that $225 is the shipping cost of the pallet ;)

Snow said:
Batz said:
Ok I have a reply from Powells

$225 plus GST

Now that price will be for a pallet , they can fit 40 bags on a pallet :p

Anyone else for some bulk malt ??

If your interested PM me for prices

Batz
[post="66178"][/post]​
Geez is that price for real?? :eek: I calculate around $6.25 for a 25kg bag!?! How much will delivery be? Oh well, regardless, I'll take 1 bag each of the Pilsener, Wheat and the Ale, please. Do you think you'd be able to get it delivered before your brew day? If so, I could get Jgriffin to bring mine back to Brissy with him...

Good on you for organising this, Batz!

Cheers - Snow.
[post="66309"][/post]​

Snow - you been at the James squire strong ale already mate?? :D :D

Batz,
Maybe those who have split orders could bring bags/containers with them to save you having to divy up all the orders. I have a few empty grain bags I could bring up for others to use if need be (I knew they might come in handy oneday).

I will convert my order from Organic Pilsner to another bag of wheat, if that's ok.

nonicman said:
I have a few empty grain bags I could bring up for others to use if need be (I knew they might come in handy oneday).

Nonicman,
I would be grateful if you could bring one up to Batz's for me. :)

:beer:

I have emailed Powells once more

This time to ask if they can guarantee that the Munich and Vienna that I and AndrewQld have ordered will be Ok.

This may not be possiable , if so I'll alter my order.

Snow and Peter Shane have joined this order also , Peter would like to share a bag of wheat malt if anyones interested

Batz

PS. Powells are being extremely helpful regards my inquiries

Batz - if you still need someone to take some bags of malt to make up the order, or make it cheaper, then i'll be up for it.

I'll go halves in a wheat with someone if they want to....

jgriffin said:
Batz - if you still need someone to take some bags of malt to make up the order, or make it cheaper, then i'll be up for it.
[post="66385"][/post]​

Plenty of room on the pallet still jgriffin
PM sent

Batz

Ross said:
[post="66431"][/post]​
Ross, I'll go halves in the wheat with you. I've already asked Batz for 1 bag of the wheat, so we can leave it at that and you can have half :)

Also Batz, could you please add 1 more bag of Pale Ale to my order? Thanks.

- Snow

Snow said:
Ross said:
[post="66431"][/post]​
Ross, I'll go halves in the wheat with you. I've already asked Batz for 1 bag of the wheat, so we can leave it at that and you can have half :)

Also Batz, could you please add 1 more bag of Pale Ale to my order? Thanks.

- Snow
[post="66465"][/post]​

Cheers Snow - confirmed - Looking to make my first wheat when I get back from the Uk....

Batz said:
I have emailed Powells once more

This time to ask if they can guarantee that the Munich and Vienna that I and AndrewQld have ordered will be Ok.

This may not be possiable , if so I'll alter my order.

Snow and Peter Shane have joined this order also , Peter would like to share a bag of wheat malt if anyones interested

Batz

PS. Powells are being extremely helpful regards my inquiries
[post="66363"][/post]​

I am no sure what is happening here guys?
I have email Powells back on Wed. still no reply , I also have tried to ring them twice on different days without an answer.
Message has been let on the answering machine but still deathly silence here.

Batz

Fellow Queenslander brewers

I have recieved a call from Powells Malt , all is go!

Please check to see if your order is correct before I finalize it.

If I can get this together in the next few days the malt will be here on the GMK brew day to collect.

Batz

Batz, you are worth your weight in gold.

On the order I am assuming that Peter Shane and I are going halves in one of wheat bags.

nonicman said:
On the order I am assuming that Peter Shane and I are going halves in one of wheat bags.
[post="66835"][/post]​

Correct

Batz

sluggerdog said:
Looks good for me, thanks Batz
[post="66838"][/post]​

Looks good to me also, accept my half share bag of wheat with nonicman is not listed.

PeterS....

Latest posts

Back