Powells bulk buy ..Qld brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope I've still got my 2 x Ale as it's all I can use at the moment Batz? :(
My thanks for the spare bag for the 1\2 wheat we're sharing.
Sorry to hear about your headache, next time around (if things work out?) should go a lot smoother. :D

:beer:

Tidalpete said:
Hope I've still got my 2 x Ale as it's all I can use at the moment Batz? :(
My thanks for the spare bag for the 1\2 wheat we're sharing.
Sorry to hear about your headache, next time around (if things work out?) should go a lot smoother.

[post="68841"][/post]​

You have your ale young fella , not that it would matter with those chillies in it

Headache is all gone , it was due to the transport driver !

Would you believe this? He pulls up at the bottom of my driveway (on the road) walks up and says "you want this stuff unloaded on the road"

No I want up at the shed , I said

Now he's got a look like a smacked arse all over his face , I can't drive a truck up there mate!

Well if you can't drive a truck I'll drive it up for you , now we are getting on really well ! :angry:

He gets the truck up to the shed and asks me where's my forklift?

Well I made forklift thingys with my arms and said "beep beep"

Getting real close to having out on the driveway by now :excl:

Well he slashes the plastic wrapper (this I bet split the two bags) and we unloaded , we didn't talk much.

He then had lots of trouble reversing back down the driveway , with me smiling and watching all the way.

The grain will be dropped off at Sluggerdogs place tomorrow morning (cheers Slugger)
If you are one of those waiting to collect your order please PM slugger for his address , don't think it is my place to give that out.

Peter Shane 1/2 bag of wheat will be there for you , plus some lost items.

Thanks for your help guys in doing this bulk order , I hope you are as happy as me with the results , take the time to think what your grain could have cost you.

I hope we can make these orders a regular thing.

Batz

PS Slugger is a little tight for space so can you please collect ASAP

Onya Batz,
I was'nt in the order (im in Syd) but followed the thread with interest.
Glad i all worked out for ya'll.
I might get a Sydney one going me thinks <_<

cheers

Glad it worked out in the end.

Let us all know what the beers turn out like, especially those with the vienna & munich.

Peter, I'll send through the bank details in a PM when I find them, I'm in no hurry.

Batz, I have ordered 2 Ale's so don't mind loosing one for a Pils or half a bag etc...
The unloading story is a laugh, some people just don't like to work, that driver must a bundle of joy. This weekend I'm in the Gong for a mate's Wedding, so if it's ok I'll come up the following weekend.
Tidalpete can grab a couple of bags when he comes picks up the yeast tubes that Ausdb has kindly sent for us.

OK Batz has dropped the bags off at my place and PM's have been sent to all.

If I somehow missed you, just PM me for details.

Cheers!

Well I picked up my 4 huge bags of grain from Slugger's place yesterday, and so a big thank you to Batz for organising all this - we owe ya. Looking forward to trying out my new mill this week!

Cheers - Snow

All moneys have been recieved , thankyou everyone

Nonicman perhaps you , AndrewQld and Tidalpete could all come up Saturday and we could share a few brews again?

And nonicman if you like we could share 1/2 a bag of ale 1/2 a bag of pilsner?

This bulk buy has had a few hicups but nothing to stop me doing it again.

Cheers
Batz

All we need is a time ?

Maybe I can have my Oktoberfest ready to drink by then

Batz

Batz said:
This bulk buy has had a few hicups but nothing to stop me doing it again.
[post="69476"][/post]​

Not even the truck driver ? :lol:

Doc

All we need is a time ?

Batz

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I am going to miss out :( , more soccer and a school fete :angry: . Oh well, have one for me boys :beer: I am sure you'll have a ball.

I'll see you thursday Batz, maybe a little later than 9.00 am.

Cheers
Andrew

Batz said:
All we need is a time ?

Batz
[post="69484"][/post]​

Just got back from my trip away & read this & your PM Batz. If you recall I will be there around 10.00am. :) Hope this suits Jason as I have to go to Boreen Point later on Saturday & can't change the time. :(

Tidalpete said:
Batz said:
All we need is a time ?

Batz
[post="69484"][/post]​

Just got back from my trip away & read this & your PM Batz. If you recall I will be there around 10.00am. :) Hope this suits Jason as I have to go to Boreen Point later on Saturday & can't change the time. :(

[post="69660"][/post]​

Wish you guys were closer, it would be another excuse for a pissup for me that I enjoyed last time...

PeterS....

Anyone have problems with their Munich malt?

I opened up my bag today and you guessed it - MOULDY GRAIN :angry: :(
Luckily I have some Weyermans Munich so I was right for the brew, but now I am down a bag of Munich.

Damn it :excl:

Hoops said:
Anyone have problems with their Munich malt?

I opened up my bag today and you guessed it - MOULDY GRAIN :angry: :(
Luckily I have some Weyermans Munich so I was right for the brew, but now I am down a bag of Munich.

Damn it :excl:
[post="75325"][/post]​

I opened mine on saturday and didn't notice any mould, BUT, I didn't really look too close Hoops. I will have a look tonight and report back.

Cheers
Andrew
P.S Hoops, I found a pressure cooker :D

Hows everyone going with their supplies? As I only had started AG brewing seems I under ordered and I will be out within around 4-6 weeks.

If everyone is well away from finishing then no worries, I will look into buying from my local until they are ready but I thought I might ask just in case.

For the next order do we maybe decide to only buy some types of grains because of the mold problem or should this not be a drama next time?

Latest posts

Back