Powells bulk buy ..Qld brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz said:
Well rang the freight mob and they are going to drop it off in the morning
Said thet didn't know where Kin Kin was ! Can you believe that :eek:
Everyone knows Kin Kin !

I will see what I can load up , I can't promise it all , I own a 4wd but not a truck.

Still to ring sluggerdog , hope we can use him for the drop off pick up point

If you want to pick up from my place we can drink beer :party:

Batz
[post="68646"][/post]​

yep, my place is still good for a drop off point, give me a call sometime tomorrow when you know when you've got the grain and are coming down.

:beer:

Batz said:
Well rang the freight mob and they are going to drop it off in the morning
Everyone knows Kin Kin !

Maybe the driver from Powells in Melbourne is delivering it personally :lol:

Doc

Batz, im at Deception Bay if you want to lighten the load on the way?

Tidalpete said:
Batz said:
Everyone knows Kin Kin !

'Cause they do! it's just down the road from Bumburnervale. :ph34r:

[post="68683"][/post]​

Hooterville?

Tidalpete said:
Tidalpete said:
Batz said:
Said thet didn't know where Kin Kin was ! Can you believe that
Everyone knows Kin Kin !

'Cause they do! it's just down the road from Bumburnervale.

Still waiting for you to bite Batz.

[post="68689"][/post]​

Too slow deleting all those Smilies. :( Beaten to the punch again.

I not fussed at the moment, as I'll be away next weekend, so no brewing then, the following weekend I can drop up to Kin Kin and the Batz Brewery for a pickup.

nonicman said:
I not fussed at the moment, as I'll be away next weekend, so no brewing then, the following weekend I can drop up to Kin Kin and the Batz Brewery for a pickup.
[post="68704"][/post]​

Very much appreciated nonicman ;)

Batz

Batz,
I will get to Batz Brewery as soon as I can. May not be for a week or so as I will be away until mid next week. Got any spare bags? :blink:

Tidalpete said:
Batz,
I will get to Batz Brewery as soon as I can. May not be for a week or so as I will be away until mid next week. Got any spare bags? :blink:

[post="68735"][/post]​

Great Pete,
That's another couple of bags I don't have to try to fit in , I have a spare bag for our wheat.

Batz

[
Great Pete,
That's another couple of bags I don't have to try to fit in , I have a spare bag for our wheat.

Batz
[post="68739"][/post]​
[/quote]

Talking about wheat, that remind me. Houston we have a problem.
Batz, you are bringing up the grain for us Brisbanites is very much appreciated as my treasurer will not allow another trip up there.

The problem, however is how am I going to pay Nonicman my half bag of wheat, since he already paid you for the whole bag? Nonicman, Can I pay you direct to your bank?, if so send me an email giving the details. That is assuming Batz is going to split a bag and bring it up to Brissy for me...

:chug:
PeterS....

The grain is here !

Small problem , we are short 1x Vienna this seems to be Powells fault
and 2x Ale , this appears to be me , it must have been someones order that changed but I did not up date Powells.

I will give up my bag of Vienna till it is sorted with Powells , two of the Ale bags had splits so I tipped these into one of my tubs , this means we are still down two ale.
I'll give up my Pilsner if someone will take that instead of an ale.
And someone will have to miss out on an ale anyone???

And I have a headache !!

Batz

Batz,
I have plenty of malt to pick up from you, so, if you need to, adjust my order to whatever is required to sort it all out.

Hope that helps get rid of your head ache.

Andrew

ill split a vienna with you batz if you want and ill take the pils instead of one of the ales?

Thanks Andrew

Anyone like a Pilsner instead of thier Ale?

I have rang Powells about the missing Vienna and they will post me up a replacement , very helpful indeed.

Batz

ozbrewer said:
ill split a vienna with you batz if you want and ill take the pils instead of one of the ales?
[post="68773"][/post]​

bumped it just in case you missed it

Batz said:
The grain is here !

Small problem , we are short 1x Vienna this seems to be Powells fault
and 2x Ale , this appears to be me , it must have been someones order that changed but I did not up date Powells.

I will give up my bag of Vienna till it is sorted with Powells , two of the Ale bags had splits so I tipped these into one of my tubs , this means we are still down two ale.
I'll give up my Pilsner if someone will take that instead of an ale.
And someone will have to miss out on an ale anyone???

And I have a headache !!

Batz
[post="68767"][/post]​

I am sorry for you Batz, you did the best to get this on the road and all you got for it is a headache. I bet you are not going to do this again!.

For a start, Powels and the Transport Coy told you that you will get the grains by the 23rd. It appears to me that the driver was not given a map of Qld and was lost. (9 days to the Sunshine Coast is not satisfactory.) To boot, split bags of grains on arrivals suggests to me that Powels are bagging the grains as cheap as possible and it is not designed to be transported. I wonder that in the last 8 days since it left Powells it might even got wet in transit and will be unusable shortly due to mold etc... In other words, it does not look good.

However, as far as I am is concerned, I thank you for all your efforts, and I will acccept your desition whatever the outcome is...I do need my 1 bag of Ale and one bag of Pilsner, otherwise I have to start all over again.

:chug:
PeterS....

Well I am very happy with the service from Powells myself.
Malt was wrapped in plastic on the pallet , truck was covered.
I don't think it is fair to blame Powells for the transport , it was off loaded in the Sunshine coast on time , the secondary transport was the problem.
I believe the bloke helping unload the truck at my place split the bags , he was not at all careful. Having said that the bags are a bit flimsy.
The Munich malt looks fine to me , Vienna smells wonderful.

I for one will be doing business with Powells again

Batz

If no one is keen on swapping ale for pilsner I will re-bag one of mine and someone can have that.

Ok I will re-bag one of my ales

everyone gets what they ordered , except AndrewQld you miss out on an Ale , thanks accepting that...oh I miss out on an Ale too...s/happens

Batz

Latest posts

Back