POLL: Do you keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you keg or bottle?

• I only bottle my beers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horses for courses, I keg some and bottle others

• I use cans or something

• Total voters

megabyte

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having a go at creating a poll coz I'd like to know how popular kegging is amongst us Australian home brewers for a mock speech/presentation I'm making about home brewing this week.

Usually at my brew club meet ups kegs, kegerators and keezers are commonplace but I wonder if this is a fair approximation of the wider brewing community?

I'd love to hear if you keg your beers or you're happy to stick with bottling. Thanks!

I reckon you'll get a solid following on an "I keg and then bottle what's left over" option (differing slightly from #3 which implies that an entire batch is either kegged or bottled.. at least that's how I read it)

yeah i bottle maybe 1 in 25-30 batches, I bottle some RIS and belgians every year and everything else gets kegged.

I think I'll bottle hefes this year to get the yeast back into suspension

Keg mostly, but bottled an oatmeal stout recently

I bottle everything. I know kegging is easier but I enjoy taking a bottle from the fridge, pouring and drinking.
I think the cost of kegging equipment would break me.

Keg everything except beers that need to be aged or put aside for comps.. bad explosion experience converted me to pretty much strictly kegs.

I've only got 3 kegs and decided to dedicate them to lagering for the moment. I never did have much luck balancing my system (I think I need a longer length of beer line is all) and don't drink them quick enough so would prefer to have bottles altho bottling is PITA. Bottles also work out better for travelling/ visiting friends etc.
Good luck with the presentation!

Keg mostly. To prove my beer. Then if its good enough to bottle then it rarely gets draughted in a bottle but sometimes does to share or mobilize.

Always Keg, but I am partial to the odd pint straight from the fermenter.

I pretty much keg every brew, unless I run out of empty kegs, which happens every now and again as I only have 11 that hold pressure.

I used to bottle only, for 10 years + (375ml)

Switched to kegs and I now hate bottling with a passion.

Bottles 750ml only used for case swaps these days.

Blind Dog said:
I pretty much keg every brew, unless I run out of empty kegs, which happens every now and again as I only have 11 that hold pressure.
mate if having 11 pressure-holding kegs warrants being predicated with "only" I have to ask, how many kegs do you have in total?!

I usually keg most of the time and only bottle when doing a big stout or Belgian ale,allows you to age and concentrate on next brew.

Bottles are handy when I am going to a friends place or the caravan for a week

Benn said:
Always Keg, but I am partial to the odd pint straight from the fermenter.
I could have done this with an ESB I kegged last week easily except I had to go back to work a little while later and gotta be zero BAC... Oh well, will have to wait for it to be on tap.

Anyway as for the poll question, every batch gets kegged here, but depending on batch size sometimes I bottle the surplus. 21L batches are keg only, but 25L batches give me a couple of six packs from the excess.

Latest posts

Back