How Many Brews Do You Do A Day/week?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select your consumption in number of drinks per normal week.

• ZERO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to 5 drinks

• 5 to 10 drinks

• 10 - 15 drinks

• 15 to 20 drinks

• 20 to 25 drinks

• 25 to 30 drinks

• I need a liver transplant

• Total voters

chappo1970

Piss off or Buy Me A Beer
Reaction score
On the train this morning I was discussing home brewing (funnily enough) with the wife and reminding her that I'm going to the BABBS meeting on Thursday night. Anyway I saw the eyes roll. So I piped up and said "What was that for?". I got the usual "What was what for?" answer. So I parry with "You know, the eye roll thing, what was that about huh?". She then goes into the that "mother" tone of voice and says " It's just another excuse to have a drink isn't it? Don't you think you could tone the drinking down just a little through the week?"

So it got me thinking, and I guess since doing home brewing my consumption has gone up a notch or two. I mean a brewer needs to taste the fruits of his labourers, right? So I was wondering what other HBers normal drinking habits are? Now be honest... <_<

Me, I currently have 1 to 2 schooners in the evenings after dinner. I mainly do this because I check my babies in the ferment fridge and have a little taste test hehehe (it's doesn't count right?). I then go for the kegerator and either have a tipple of some tasty one I have on tap or pull a tallie that I have sitting there that I'm interested in trying or sometimes both. Fridays have always been my "Big Drink" day, you know to wash away the weeks worries. So all in all 8 schooners Monday to Thursday and maybe another 6 to 8 on a Friday. Say 16 schooners max all up.

So what's your consumption like? I've set up poll for those who don't want to reveal their consumption to whole wide world.

I find counting hurts the brain (especially when i'm not being paid to do maths!!!).

Normally 1-2 schooners per night, and yes more on Fridays & Saturdays, and Sunday arvo sessions.

Oh and Tuesdays i play tennis, so there is usually a few stubbies after that (and one when i get home). Umm.. and mondays can be tough, so i generally have a few extra then. Aaaand Thursdays, well it feels like friday, and i'm basically spending fridays looking busy, so i always have a few extra then. That just leaves Wednesday, oops off the Melbourne Brewers tomorrow night.

:icon_cheers: SJ

My normal weekly consumption.. Sometimes i swap the mid week 6 packs for a couple of long necks or a 4 pack depending on beer.

Sun 6 pack
Mon 6 pack
tues AFD
wend AFD
Thur 6 pack
Friday 12 pack
Sat 12 pack

Cheers Vice.

3 or 4 longnecks each night after work mon-fri, and the weekends, well, I have trouble speaking english by 6pm :rolleyes:

happo, it def. sounds like you have a problem. Time for a new wife I reckon. :lol:

Jase, classic mate!!!

I average 5-10 pints a week, though 10 would be a big week.

Luckily, since going to double batches, and no chillin, i can go 2 months without brewing, sooooooo good hahaha.

There was a thread about this a short while ago. Here

I have started to drink more. Just one or two middies a night.

Luckily my missus like drinking beer too.

At the moment I'll have one or two, or none, per night on weeknights. And on weekends I always plan to have more but end up not having much on friday or saturday, and then have too much on sunday and think argh why isn't monday a public holiday so i can keep going

it makes no sense why I do this.

I used to drink only one night a week but would drink a whole lot, like a bottle of scotch and 10 schooners or something horrible like that. I then stopped drinking entirely for about 6 months for no good reason, just didnt feel like it.

ive never really intentionally regulated my consumption. i just keep it natural.

i average 2 a day n more like 4 fri/sat.

i must admit ive started drinking more since the twins came along. i used to have AFD's mon-thurs

I reckon if your partner thinks that you're drinking too much you might well be, at least seriously consider how many you drink (BTW doing a poll on a HBrewers website asking how much others drink is probably not the best idea of trying to fit into a standard normal curve ;) )

Not saying that shes always right, but maybe concerned for your health. My old man was a chronic drinker until very recently, and his health is now giving out on him big time and he's only 63. Certainly makes me think a bit more about my own health.

And most people misunderestimate how many they drink (and how much exercise they do)

And most people misunderestimate how many they drink (and how much exercise they do)

There would a bit of truth in there. I ride 15km and walk 6km every day to and from work for that exact reason. I am not the skinnest bloke around granted but my Doc reckons I am in not to bad nick for a 38yo.

The reason I polled here was because all I do and drink is Home brew. I get your point, but I think it was entirely appropriate to poll of AHB as a measure. As the megaswillers out there either do not understand our hobby and or don't have the quality and quantity of beer that most HBer have laying around or in their homes.

My normal weekly consumption.. Sometimes i swap the mid week 6 packs for a couple of long necks or a 4 pack depending on beer.

Sun 6 pack
Mon 6 pack
tues AFD
wend AFD
Thur 6 pack
Friday 12 pack
Sat 12 pack

Cheers Vice.

Thats almost 2 cartons per week! Fair effort that lad!

A corny keg only lasts a max of 3 days at my place

Franko

I have a rule.

I will not have anything alcoholic to drink unless I go to the gym. No gym = no beer.

And then, after I go to the gym, I only feel like drinking about 1 or 2 long necks...compared to the 4 or 5 I would drink if I didn't go to the gym.

So less beer and mroe gym makes me at least a bit healthier.

These threads make me feel like an alcoholic..... oh well better go have a beer and think about how much i drink.
Since going to kegs I now measure my consumption in pints used to be 2 or three tallies a day now its how ever many pints I pour.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back