POLL: Do you keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you keg or bottle?

• I only bottle my beers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horses for courses, I keg some and bottle others

• I use cans or something

• Total voters
I used to bottle but that was a pain and my dogs figured out how to operate my easy bottling attachment. I would go for a break and two labradors would be busy guzzling my beer. Went to kegs and it was the best thing i ever did!!!!!!

I make 22L batches and I keg. Each batch I'll generally get a 19L keg and 2 3/4 filled 1.25l bottles which I quick carb for instant gratification, the keg just slow carbs at serving pressure.

Have got rid of all my glass bottles, just buy a few plastic longies if I need to share with friends or take some out with me. I really should give away my capper and bottle tree to a new brewer.

Keg. Bottle from the keg now that I have one of the Keg King counter pressure bottle fillers, which is awesome. For some case swaps, sours or aged beers I'll bottle. Even then most of my sours get bottled from the keg using separate keg King carb caps.

Yob said:
Big kegs, mini kegs... Kegs, kegs, kegs...

And an army of growlers...
And big barrels Yob!

I keg everything, sets of 9.5 & 12 litre kegs for the 23 litre batches, only bottle stouts. Could also ask who would like to keg but can't due to cost. (that's what restricted me for years)

I'm retired. Time isn't really an issue for me.
Haven't bothered to get the finance to keg.
I don't mind bottling, as I drink no more than one longneck each day.

Keg exclusively except for big beers needing age. I also brew 23l lots (excluding lagers) and bottle the leftovers, often handing them out or to leave on the shelf to forget when months later I have a longing for something I don't have in kegs at the time.

Thanks for all the votes and detailed feedback guys!

So far it looks like over 90% of AHBers keg! I doubt this is representative of the greater home brewing market (including beginners and K&K brewers) but it sounds plausible for those of us that are serious enough about brewing to hang out on AHB :) I'll use these figures in my speech and say that it represents our "addressable market". It's going to be a mock presentation to pretend investors so the numbers only need to be indicative, I'm just amazed that it's more like 90% than (say) 50%!

For the record I also keg most of the time, except for big Belgians, RIS and Barleywines that need ageing.

Doesn't have an option of "I used to keg, but due to circumstances I am currently bottling but I will return to kegging as soon as I can".

I was tempted to edit the poll based on the :D

I've converted to all keg, bottle from the keg if required. I even have a RIS aging in bulk in a keg! Will have to see what happens if I run out of kegs to age in.

Answered only bottle but have recently kegged off my first beer. Not sure it is for me yet but will put another beer in once the Kolsch runs out. Might be more into it in summer when I'm more up for walking out to the shed to get a beer.

Anything under about 7.5% ABV goes into a keg. Anything over is usually in a bottle.

Having said that, I usually get a couple of tallies in addition to a keg fill each brew.

Latest posts

Back