Plane shot down with 27 Aussies on board.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drew9242 said:
Just to let everyone know as it will be on the news tonight anyway. Unfortunately God in His infinite wisdom has taken my parents in this accident. We prayer for every other family in this situation and understand what they may be going through.
Mate I am horrified by your loss, having recently lost my mother I understand what you are going through, if you need to talk just give me a call.
Nev

Where is the risk analysis? Whoever made the decision for that plane to be there is just as responsible as those who shot it down. I suspect there are politicians rubbing their hands with glee.

Why would they be rubbing their hands with glee?

mje1980 said:
Why would they be rubbing their hands with glee?
You don't know what is happening in that part of the world? It is the opportunity to get involved and the words of war are already being recited.

Drew,I am so saddened to learn of your loss,condolences from my family to yours and from the AHB family.

Condolences to you and the loved ones of all who have lost them. Losing those you love is very hard. There are very few that truly enter our hearts and when they are wrenched away it is as if a bit of us goes missing with them.

booargy said:
Where is the risk analysis? Whoever made the decision for that plane to be there is just as responsible as those who shot it down. I suspect there are politicians rubbing their hands with glee.
Some airlines have not been flying over that area,some have.
To this day many airlines are still flying over Iran,Iraq and Afghanistan .
The airlines flying over the Ukraine have been following international agreements for flight paths over war zones.
Hind sight is a wonderful thing but does not lessen the horror when some mindless prick /pricks act without thinking.

spog said:
Drew,I am so saddened to learn of your loss,condolences from my family to yours and from the AHB family.
I second what spog has said and hopefully from this atrocious act of terrorism some good will come of it, the politicians of the world must now make a strong stance against Putins backing of these mindless terrorists and call for a halt on the bloodshed on the Russian Ukraine border, if they don't those who have lost their lives on that ill fated flight will have died in vain.
It shouldn't matter what business deals the EU countries have going with Russia, that should be the last thing they should be thinking about, this is how Putin manipulates the those EU countries Russia is dealing with

Drew9242 said:
Just to let everyone know as it will be on the news tonight anyway. Unfortunately God in His infinite wisdom has taken my parents in this accident. We prayer for every other family in this situation and understand what they may be going through.
****! Don't know you from a bar of soap but.......**** what can you say? I hope you and your family all the best and I am sorry to hear that one of our own had lost someone of theirs to a no-one.

Drew, my deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family.

Someone stole the ground to air missile weapon.....yeah right.
Russia own the fuckin equipment and therefore they are responsible for it.....it is easy to blame some else but ultimately it is Russia who is protecting Ukraine so as to maintain their access to export and import through that country.
FFS why blow a domestic airline out of the sky....just go in and take over the goddam shithole. Like anyone cares when it comes to the scale of what has now happened.
It is nearly time the world had a big cull to sort this shit out....

Mmmmmm did I really say that.....

IF what I read is true it takes a great amount of training to use one of those systems and successfully hit a target towards the outside of the weapon's range. Bad excuse. Next one?

Thats part of the problem these days, people form strong, passionate opinions about events and people across the other side of the world after reading dodgy websites etc. I don't know what happened and it looks suspect but I've never spent enough time in the region to make an informed opinion, so I'm not ready to start burning flags and start chanting for more bloodshed just yet.

I fly to Amsterdam once a year and I would like to know how a plane gets routed over a war zone. I will be taking more notice of the flight path in the future and changing airline if necessary. If I was a pilot or hostess I would be wanting to see the decision making process.

For the dicks who think 298 is not enough I have no need to say more.

I was absent from work for most of last week - I returned today to find out that a colleague's husband was on the flight so there's a sombre mood about the place.

My take on this is very simple, the school yard bully has been caught with his fingers in the cookie jar, and everyone's too scared to call him on it, because they might be his next victim. Allowing a bully to continue, without repercussion, only enforces in the bully's mind they have the right to act as they have previously. Where and when does the International community wish to draw the line.

Latest posts

Back