Craft beer exists so guys who don’t drink wine still get to be prete

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is still hope out there though...

http://www.theglobalmail.org/

Check out the heading at the top of their website: 'The Global Mail has ceased operations'.

It didn't sound like a happy operation there to the end: rich guy and Greens supporter Graeme Wood lost enthusiasm about his little experiment in citizen journalism there towards the end.

Citizen journalism? Do you mean the opposite of that?

Well it was an experimental way to run a paper at least. Of course they always presented themselves as an alternative to corporate news companies, Fairfax and News. Bit of a pose really. Maybe 'citizen journalism' isn't the best term. Not sure what you'd call it though?

Investigative journalism, or long form journalism.

I agree it was an interesting funding structure, but it seems you need someone to be losing money to make a paper that that had some proper journalism behind it these days. As no one wants to read it.

Oh people will read it. Whether they'll pay money for it is another question....

whitegoose said:
What a douche.
Precisely.

I thank the French every day for two things: that word, and awesome cheese that I can enjoy while knowing that somewhere a douche is sneering righteously at me for being pretentious because I have stumbled on something wonderful that offends the douche.

One of the great joys of life is offending douches.

Douche...its a ******* american term for dickhead.

I hate ( with passion absolute ) when hipsters walk in in and talk about how he was a "douche bag ". For fucks sake...this is Australia, why do we need to use an American term for dickhead.

The word is dickhead not douche.

Next we will be spelling mom ( and I hate that even worse ) instead of mum

Dear M'ericans...**** off out of our spelling

Actually I am not keen on Douche, just doesn't sound right, Douche bag actually sounds revolting I have noticed that in America they are making Vagina cakes and Vagina cup cakes for baby showers.
Just about puts me off muff diving.

My old man would always and still does, refer to me and/or my mates as '**** knuckle'. Don't use it much myself but is much classier than douche, I reckon.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Douche...its a ******* american term for dickhead.

I hate ( with passion absolute ) when hipsters walk in in and talk about how he was a "douche bag ". For fucks sake...this is Australia, why do we need to use an American term for dickhead.

The work is dickhead not douche.

Next we will be spelling mom ( and I hate that even worse ) instead of mum

Dear M'ericans...**** off out of our spelling

LOL. Nobody's forcing words into your lexicon at gunpoint, mate. Ah, the good old days of grunts and clicks, before all those damn foreigners, aka Poms and Yanks, polluted your virgin language.

We have a guy at work who's last name almost sounds like douche bag. He is a real dick head but we do call him douche bag. Dick head just wouldn't work the same.

Liam_snorkel said:
I'm pretty sure the author is a closet beer wanker.
He certainly can't spell lager, as he added the extra/redundant 'r' that occasionally gets added here, too.

My opinion is that because people effuse about beer, they are not necessarily w@nkers, but they certainly are if can't let it go, as dictated by circumstance (e.g. my brother is a dedicated VB drinker and it's pointless talking craft beer with him). So if they stop discussing beer WITH you and start talking it TO you, that's what I'm saying is a bad thing, obviously.

phoneyhuh said:
I reckon so too, and that his tongue was firmly placed in his cheek while writing that. Seems to have riled up a few in here, so job well done.
As the owner of my favourite lhbs has been known to say, "All sh!t should be well stirred".

My little cousin, around 5 yrs old, called someone a douche bag infront of my Nan, we didnt know what one was untill she told us all a few years ago, but now I do, well yeh, its a pretty low call.

Also my post in relevance to this back in the Rants thread. Got enough bites from it :)

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:54 PM
Now off the subject of driving and bikes.

I hate home brewers who are to stuck up and think their to cool to drink mega swills and would rather 'not even have a beer if it isn't craft or Homebrew'. Wine in Australia has basically lost all its pompous/up its self type consumers, let's not make beer the next to take its place, just like u can get a real good $5 bottle of wine, u can get a decent tasting megaswill. And me being a camper and outdoorsy type of person would rather fill my engel to the brim with New, VB or XXXX gold tinnies, in which it fits 60 of I might add, then Fuk around with a 5l pressure pump converted into a keg, or a $100+ mini keg that u have to clean and sanitise later that holds less then a carton of tinnies, which let's face it, wouldn't get a single man to night time on our camping/fishing/hunting trips. I do get the bling factor of rocking up to a BBQ with a mini keg of your home made grog, but unless u only BBQ less often to rarely, it's a waste of time, money, beer and esky space.

Article kinda reminded me of this video:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB8z08_8uhM[/youtube]
Actually I can imagine the author watching the vid and sitting there going "how can I reproduce this in a way that is boring and sucks?"

Back