Plane shot down with 27 Aussies on board.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Chinese will build a matrix to store the rest of the world's population so everyone can exist in peace. Finally.

The saviour nation.

Did someone notice? This is way off topic. It is like the tragedy is yet another domino in the implausible world we have come to live in. Peace be to those who are given up everyday in somebody else's race to make a point.

You know what I can't fathom? How the US doing some (or lots, whatever you want to call it) shit things makes Russia squeaky clean.

What happened that I missed that made Russia good international citizens?

Note, comment not about the Russian people, who I found to be the most accommodating people you could meet when I went there.

Who knew a home brew forum was the place to go for expert opinion on world politics?

It's better than any news piece. If there enough posts you are likely to get both sides of the story, reasons why yousshouldn't trust either and lead up discussion. You just need to learn to decipher what youread.

mje1980 said:
Who knew a home brew forum was the place to go for expert opinion on world politics?
The interwebs has made amateur foreign correspondents of us all don't you know. I bags being George Negus.

pedleyr said:
You know what I can't fathom? How the US doing some (or lots, whatever you want to call it) shit things makes Russia squeaky clean.

Note, comment not about the Russian people, who I found to be the most accommodating people you could meet when I went there.
It's odd how it goes.
But look around at the moment, and this is something I've particularly noticed on social media . If an Israeli missile inadvertently kills innocent civilians in Gaza, they're lambasted ad nauseum.
However, if a Hezbollah operative detonates himself on a crowded bus, market or checkpoint, they're just kicking out against the occupation.

I'm not suggesting for a second that the Israelis are squeaky clean, far from it, but make no mistake, we could all wake up tomorrow to the news that the Gaza strip and its occupants has been blasted into the Mediterranean sea via Israeli rockets, air strikes and artillery. They could do it, no problem at all. But choose not to.
Reverse the situation and give Hamas a turn at the controls, and I'd bet my house that would be precisely the news we'd be waking up to.

pedleyr said:

Putin is a charismatic leader who not only won on the Russian version of the voice but also introduced the Highway Code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=177gGnMHBPU

Light entertainment is Russian president specialty.

http://youtu.be/R-z9wfueMAw

My viewpoint is that people love to have a viewpoint/opinion on just about anything, regardless of if they actually know anything about it, or just going off the latest headline, or better yet, what "they reckon".

pedleyr said:
If you want to say something come out and say it, you're entitled to a viewpoint.
My viewpoint is that pretty much everyone on here is full of shit and have forgotten that there are folks on here who have lost family in this. They probably don't want to watch a bunch of internet experts use their tragedy as an excuse to have a pissing contest online.

Hey it's a forum - a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I think everyone discussed issues and have not spoken down on the tragedy, to not discuss something because people died is a poor argument, I think as long as people discuss without throwing obscenities it is a great discussion..

I don't know who the experts are any more? where do people find experts? The Internet is the number one source for any and all information I think you can take upon a variety of news articles in a matter of minutes.. I wouldn't be counting news corp as my experts, or the Today show that's for sure.

I see where you're coming from, Airgead, but I agree with motch on this one. At least the discussions here are usually relatively polite. Unlike most other forums I've spent time on, it's usually neither an echo chamber nor a screaming contest -- in either of which there's no chance of anyone's opinion changing. I find I learn stuff from the discussions here. Otherwise there'd be no point, right?

Dutch investigators now looking at whether MH17 was shot down by another aircraft (ie. air-to-air attack rather than ground-to-air).

MH17 prosecutor open to theory another plane shot down airliner: Der Spiegel

Dutch prosecutors investigating the crash of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 believe the aircraft might have been shot down from the air but that a ground-to-air missile attack is more likely, a senior prosecutor said in a German media interview.

The Russian government has always said it has radar imagery proving the fully laden Boeing 777 was shot down by a Ukrainian military aircraft flying in its vicinity, but Western officials have never publicly accepted this scenario...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/27/us-ukraine-crisis-mh-idUSKBN0IG1X420141027?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter

The story is a day old ( edit: about 12 hrs old) but as far as I can determine has yet to be reported by Australian media. But it will eventually after a unified cross-media position is determined by Govt.

Meanwhile, with winter approaching, no wreckage is being recovered for analysis.

Der Spiegel if I remember has a poor rep,bit like the No Idea and the Get a Life rags sold here.

Latest posts

Back