Plane shot down with 27 Aussies on board.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extreme left is stalinism and/or maoism, not holland. Might as well call Malcolm fraser extreme right.
Extreme left is far from pink frocks and far from desirable.

Eagleburger said:
Airliner shot down in a rebel held area of a country undergoing revolution. established as fact within 12hrs.

maybe its just me, but negotiating with rebels with no single command hierarchy, sounds like an anxious and a probably drawn out experience. Due to the Netherlands being extreme left and their military was washing their pink frocks that day, that is what they got.
"the Netherlands being extreme left" - Where have you been the last 15 years. Among the most rabid right-wingers in NATO.

"no single command hierarchy" - No.

See: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/07/23/MH17-Malaysia-quietly-worked-back-channels/

This story shows what a real statesman and leader of his country has been doing behind the scenes in recent days. And as far as I can tell the story has been completely unreported in Australian/US/UK etc media. Edit: My bad, have found a similar report in New York Times Asia edition (see follow-up post below)

However, there is plenty of coverage of bellicose Abbot and Bishop strutting the world stage claiming to have influenced outcomes and making threats to those in east Ukraine who have actually helped us out. Not that Rudd or Gillard or Turnball would be doing anything different. That's the scary thing - when international events like MH17 occur we suddenly become a one party state, with all media outlets (Fairfax, Murdoch, ABC etc) running the same editorial line.

Lesson: you will not understand what is going on here by only accessing western mainstream media.

Coalminer said:
America was totally isolationist during WW2, didn't give a rats arse, and only got involved when Japan hit Pearl Harbour. If not for that event we would be all speaking Japanese now.
And now another Liberal PM wants to get us into a war zone by sending AFP in to guard the area and Aus troops in to protect them.
That can only go wrong
Google "Lend lease" then see if you want to revisit this.

Feldon said:
"the Netherlands being extreme left" - Where have you been the last 15 years. Among the most rabid right-wingers in NATO.

"no single command hierarchy" - No.

See: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/07/23/MH17-Malaysia-quietly-worked-back-channels/

This story shows what a real statesman and leader of his country has been doing behind the scenes in recent days. And as far as I can tell the story has been completely unreported in Australian/US/UK etc media.

However, there is plenty of coverage of bellicose Abbot and Bishop strutting the world stage claiming to have influenced outcomes and making threats to those in east Ukraine who have actually helped us out. Not that Rudd or Gillard or Turnball would be doing anything different. That's the scary thing - when international events like MH17 occur we suddenly become a one party state, with all media outlets (Fairfax, Murdoch, ABC etc) running the same editorial line.

Lesson: you will not understand what is going on here by only accessing western mainstream media.
So Feldon, you can vouch for the Online Star?

I guess "extreme left" was not what I meant. Politics has never been my forte.

Eagleburger said:
I guess "extreme left" was not what I meant. More like , the nuts are clutched by the left. Politics has never been my forte.

Dave70 said:
So?
At least we'd be bilingual and produce a range of quality motor vehicles and electronic equipment.
Whats the problem?

And maybe a Holden would be worth buying.

browndog said:
So Feldon, you can vouch for the Online Star?

It's a Malaysian Chinese tabloid 'news' site. In Malaysia, there isn't freedom of press like there is in the countries that are supposedly not telling us the real story.

I'm not sure how one can be so certain that the news is factual when it comes from a place without such freedoms.

Is there freedom of press in Malaysia.

Black Devil Dog said:
It's a Malaysian Chinese tabloid 'news' site. In Malaysia, there isn't freedom of press like there is in the countries that are supposedly not telling us the real story.

I'm not sure how one can be so certain that the news is factual when it comes from a place without such freedoms.

Is there freedom of press in Malaysia.
See above.

Feldon said:
See above.
So it's got credibility because it's printed in a Western newspaper? I thought they weren't telling you the truth.

Maybe they're both lying to you.............hope you've got plenty of foil.

browndog said:
The US is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't. Every Australian should be thankful of the efforts of the American Marines in WW2 that ultimately saved Australia from a Japanese invasion. I'm bloody well sure the mothers of those that died on all those shitholes in the Pacific wondered what their boys were doing there.
A planned Japanese invasion of Australia in WWII is regarded as a myth by the principal historian of the Australian War Memorial.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/05/31/1022569832145.html

browndog said:
The US is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't. Every Australian should be thankful of the efforts of the American Marines in WW2 that ultimately saved Australia from a Japanese invasion. I'm bloody well sure the mothers of those that died on all those shitholes in the Pacific wondered what their boys were doing there.
My take on your post,
The Marines DID NOT save AUS .As I have read the Jap lines were over extended and the Chocos ,( Ausssie militia,now known as the reserves) were the first land army to inflict a defeat upon the Japanese military.Kokoda.
Historical research has stated that the Japs had at the time no intention of invading AUS because the known materials they required were to be had in the Pacific region.
Admiral Yamamoto is quoted after the attack on Pearl Harbour to have said " I fear we have awoken the sleeping giant ".
The fight agains the Japs was done by Aussies,Aussie soldiers,Aussie airforce ,Aussie navy,the Coastwhatcers being from many countries,American airforce ,American navy,Marines,Army,British forces ( never forgotten ) India,Africa etc.
This belief that America saved our arses is crap,the claim that America will do this or that is more crap. ( not directed at you).
It pisses me off that so many people and the media always have to bring up the " American " angle/ claim/ hint, blah blah.
And then....ahh **** me ,now I've lost track of what my rant was actually about, Oh yes now I remember,it's all about some **** pressing a button and killing a plane load of innocents.....people just people..........

Are you seriously suggesting that the US didn't do any heavy lifting in the war in the Pacific? Because you've specifically said that the fight against the Japanese was done by Aussies.

So we lost about 9,500 in and around New Guinea and America 110,000 or there abouts throughout the Pacific. Sorry Spog, can't agree with you at all.

We should have known that the Japanese planes were just on a joy flight over Darwin in 1942...

reds under the bed are so outdated. get with the times it is now terrorists and extremists that we should be fear full of.

pcmfisher said:
We should have known that the Japanese planes were just on a joy flight over Darwin in 1942...
And those subs in Sydney harbour were just lost.

I'm not saying that there was an imminent invasion but you're frankly dumb if you say that there was no risk to Australia.

its not really about who saved who back in WW2 its about today and people counting America as this global police force, when clearly they are pushing their own agenda. Spying on friends and locking away individuals who have revealed just what a malignant machine it has become.

20+ million Russians lost their lives saving their homeland, but people care little about the Eastern front..Could judge the ethics of dropping two A bombs on an opponent that had just as well given up..

Latest posts

Back