Pimp My TapKing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/4" OD hose might be close enough to the hose currently inside TK. Do away with the larger hose altogether.

This whole Tap King thing has made me see that there is a big hole in the market. If there was a decent, stainless steel 5(ish) litre keg system available designed to fit in a household fridge and be refilled with HB, I think it would take off. Design a good regulator for it, a decent tap and sell it for a realistic price, and you've got the next big thing..... perhaps? :p

the problem there is the testing of the said vessel

Ok, went down to my local ENZED in Brookvale. Managed to find some 1/4" MFL to 1/4"MFL fittings. $3.25 each, Orsum! This is ideal for me as I prefer using the JG fittings. I've connected my Partykeg charger for now until I order a minireg.

tn_gallery_9749_1080_653554.jpg

tn_gallery_9749_1080_1767715.jpg

Captain Morgan said:
If there was a decent, stainless steel 5(ish) litre keg system available ...
I'd been bookmarking all the smaller vessel kegging systems I came across, as I'm not in a position to deal with a 2nd fridge and all the hooha of big-boy kegging. I was pretty keen on this one, which fits your description: http://minikeg.net.au though it still runs off the little CO2 chargers.

4 x5L kegs for $200; I don't know if that qualifies as a realistic price or not...

carpedaym said:
I'd been bookmarking all the smaller vessel kegging systems I came across, as I'm not in a position to deal with a 2nd fridge and all the hooha of big-boy kegging. I was pretty keen on this one, which fits your description: http://minikeg.net.au though it still runs off the little CO2 chargers.

4 x5L kegs for $200; I don't know if that qualifies as a realistic price or not...
theres been threads about them as well.
if you search you shall find.

I've finally bit the bullet, have filled some "kegs" with some galaxy/citra/cascade APA and is currently carbing. I initially recharged them with 12g bulbs, but I dont really fancy the idea of replacing Orings on the brown/orange plastic cap that houses the striking pin every couple of fills, Ive already had a couple stretch/fail on me just taking the bottle out of the unit.

Have just ordered a sodastream adapter, keg king reg, and just got to get myself some 6mm hose, some clamps, a sodastream cylinder and another TK head, so ill have beer on tap very soon...in a small package. I was contemplating going with a corny keg setup...but dont have the funds to power another fridge, so the tap king will be the best comprimise.

Boys,what level are you filling your TK'S too.

I've finally bit the bullet, have filled some "kegs" with some galaxy/citra/cascade APA and is currently carbing. I initially recharged them with 12g bulbs, but I dont really fancy the idea of replacing Orings on the brown/orange plastic cap that houses the striking pin every couple of fills, Ive already had a couple stretch/fail on me just taking the bottle out of the unit.

Have just ordered a sodastream adapter, keg king reg, and just got to get myself some 6mm hose, some clamps, a sodastream cylinder and another TK head, so ill have beer on tap very soon...in a small package. I was contemplating going with a corny keg setup...but dont have the funds to power another fridge, so the tap king will be the best comprimise.
I think this is a very doable situation for most people who can't run a second fridge for kegs.

That o ring your talking about only gets fried when you release the bottle under pressure AFAIK. It only takes a little pressure to make it jump out of the groove upon removal of the bottle. SNAP!

+1 for just below the neck. I've done 4 this way now and they work as expected with natural carbonation and dispensing.

It certainly makes bottling day alot easier. Not having to clean and sanitise 30 long necks is a big win for me...worth the extra 5 mins it takes to pull the caps apart and clean the parts. I reckon its definitely the the go if you want a draught beer setup but dont have the room or money to fund a second fridge.

pist said:

Would love some pics of that process please! :)

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I just cant find it. What pressure would I want an external reg set at for the TK?

Cheers.

Now you just need to drill a hole in the fridge for the gas line and slowly convince the missus that a 19l corny isn't much bigger than a TapKing.

Beerisyummy said:
Now you just need to drill a hole in the fridge for the gas line and slowly convince the missus that a 19l corny isn't much bigger than a TapKing.
You're right! I'm just fortunate that the gas bottle and reg tuck away in the back of this particular shelf on the fridge that never really had much on there...

Full keg set up is my goal so I didnt mind spending the money on the regulator :)

Latest posts

Back