Leland mini CO2 bulb cartridge regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seller made one comment that he has a couple Sodastream adaptors he has been meaning to trial out. So if you are buying one now, perhaps ask for that adaptor and report back. He may get these adaptors in and start including them in future (unknown time frame for this though).

So do you think it's running an EOI, or just go with it individually? There's about 9 of us interested in this thread, but I think some might be interstate.

What's the threshold we need to hit to get a BB discount?

If you put out an actual EOI thread you'd likely get more people. If the seller can handle shipping it'll be much easier for whoever is doing the BB.

Agree with shipping as I'm in SA. Out of interest should you be putting a non return valve between the gauge and keg to protect the gauge?

Okey dokey.
DJ do you want to follow thru with organizing the BB and start the EOI thread, or have you had 2nd thoughts on this given you already have yours?
Apologies for being a pushy *******, I just need/want to get my hand on one by the end of April at the latest.

Also, forgive my ignorance, but what would be the main pros & cons between getting this mini reg as opposed to a typical double-gauge regulator, like the KK Mk2 regs, for someone like me who is looking to get their 1st regulator (to run off SS bottles)??

I like the compact & convenient nature of this one but is there a significant sacrifice of some functionality I should be aware of?
(I know either way I'll have to get a $22 SS adaptor attachment).

I don't mind mate, I'm waiting on a response from seller re shipping details, he never mentioned quantities but I suggested 10+ I think. So if someone who is actually buying one for themselves this time wants to run the buy and save me the work that'd be fantastic, but I don't wanna get the hype up only to say no, so happy to see it through for AHB if no one wants to run it. But either way I think the buys viability is still subject to the finer shipping details and logistics that the seller had in mind and I won't know that until he replies.

As for difference with a normal regulator, diaphragm and orifice would naturally be smaller, so you have less force to control the pressure. Pragmatically this means when you set the pressure to a set pressure the actual control at flow can vary somewhat. For dispensing or carbonating a keg this should be negligible as the flow is relatively "steady state". But for say purging an empty keg up to pressure it could vary, but at same time the flow rate may also be less due to a smaller orifice... Probably not a problem at the flows we use for homebrew so I can't see any issues/downsides. Biggest downside would be no check valve and being closer to the keg so higher risk of liquid getting in as mentioned by grott. Personally I'll just be burping the majority of the pressure on any keg I connect this on prior, rather than stuffing about with a check valve.

This $22 SS adaptor, is this a soda stream to standard thread type adaptor?

Cool I've heard back. No quantities are mentioned so I assume if we get 10 or more were on for a bulk deal, it doesn't sound like he minds as long as it is more than a few units :)

So... Two options:

1. $70 each including shipping to one location (ie. My place) for local pickup or me to on-ship to you (extra cost)

2. $80 each including shipping directly to your door (supplier will handle this).

I'm thinking Option 2 sounds pretty good as simplifies the logistics, having said that he may be happy to so do all the interstate guys for $80 and the VICs who can get to me for $70, given the weight I think postage would be about $7-10 anyway within VIC.

Thoughts? Shall I start an EOI thread?

Good one and thanks for your efforts, $80 including postage for here in SA is a top deal. Will wait on next step but perhaps interstaters can deal direct with a code like AHB or your site name so he knows its in relation to your dealings?
Cheers

Start that baby up!!!

Option 2 sounds the best, mainly for ease, but I reckon it'll work out to be the same price for those interstaters anyway. If we can get $70 to your door (if you're keen to do that) and the Vic's are happy for a pickup option then even better. I suspect maybe we just go with $80 flat to each person's door. Maybe get every vic to mention if they're happy to pickup - I'd guess anyone in the SE would prefer delivery.

Cheers!!!

Hey Deej, Actually, the more I think about it the more I'd be inclined to just go with the flat $80 to the door. I feel a bit bad that you're lumped with running the BB when you're not even looking to buy one of these. I'd step up myself but my work hours are unpredictable and all over the place so I'd have doubts I'd be any good as a pickup.
So maybe simplify everything and just do the $80 delivery.

Do you want me to step in and run the BB from here on, given I'm buying one. Or do you think it'll be a bit tricky introducing another person to the seller?

I think the whole idea of this BB was to complete the purchase off evilbay, he's likely passing on the savings of sale fees from evilbay. So think it would be a PayPal or bank transfer type payment and dealings over email.

Techno happy for you to arrange mate, appreciate the offer as yeah I've already got mine (for $100, doh!), don't think he would have any problems as long as he gets the sales. Agree the $80 is a good deal and no shipping hassle, should make for a speedy bulk buy.

Ive asked him for the email and whether PayPal or bank transfer is preferred so will pass on to you and let him know once he comes back :)

Spewing , I ordered mine last nite lol.
Anyway

Let's all work out if there's away to screw this thin onto a soda stream setup properly.

I'm very interested in getting in on this. I was about to pull the trigger on a KK one when I saw this thread. I'll see if I can get an update from KK on their 'new / improved' version and pricing. Perhaps it's the same product rebadged...?

You Eeediot!!

Agree - gotta break down this SS issue.

Hey Cridech, could you (or DJ) take a pic or 2 of the inside of the adaptor you used to fit the SS bottle?
Is there anything like a valve depressor we could alter?
Otherwise we might need to concede to buy the $22 SS adaptor off eBay. (Does it attach to the same thread as is in this reg??)

Yeah, couldn't wait.
Got to have my toys,
Wife spends this on her hair every month.
So , I'll build my portable set up lol.

The chrome part goes into the reg and the alloy part to the ss cylinder. The chrome bit is the part you get two of (one for 16 gram and one for the larger gram bulbs). There's some sort of pin or stub that activates the ss bottle. They must be a spring/pressure close type valve on the paintball ss cylinders?

1455789382695.jpg

1455789402886.jpg

DJ_L3ThAL said:
.... They must be a spring/pressure close type valve on the paintball ss cylinders?
Cheers for that.

Yep - i assume the paintball cylinder valve must be be the same system as the SS cylinder valve, only more shallow. Some of the SS adapters i've seen have a centre pin you can adjust (i.e.: wind out/down) by using an Allen key - so you can use them for either paintball or SS cylinders i guess. That's why i was wondering what the inside of these adaptors looked like - to see if they might've had a similar system that could easily be adjusted, or something like that which we could easily modify.

Got a pic of the other end of that adapter there, DJ? Or does it look like you can adjust anything with an Allen key, etc?

Just had a closer look - it looks like that centre pin is fixed. Bugger.

I wonder if we could do something as simple as putting some kind of (steel) metallic small object in between the adaptor and the cylinder as you screw it on - basically so it is sufficient to depress the valve?
Like maybe just fit a little bit of metal tube over the end of that pin there, so it's enough to depress the valve?

technobabble66 said:
Just had a closer look - it looks like that centre pin is fixed. Bugger.

I wonder if we could do something as simple as putting some kind of (steel) metallic small object in between the adaptor and the cylinder as you screw it on - basically so it is sufficient to depress the valve?
Like maybe just fit a little bit of metal tube over the end of that pin there, so it's enough to depress the valve?
Technobabble the paintball adapter is definitely not adjustable. I like your idea of a ghetto adapter for the adapter but I suspect it would be pretty tricky to get it right. I'll have a play around with it this weekend.

But anyway I've ordered this adapter which is adjustable and is said to fit any SS cylinder ( apparently there are new and old versions). $22 delivered isn't going to break the bank and I'm looking for redemption after my gaf earlier in the week.

http://r.ebay.com/8h6fiG

I'll post when it arrives.

image.jpeg

Back