Leland mini CO2 bulb cartridge regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DJ_L3ThAL said:
I have now purchased this and hope to give it a run this weekend. Will report back once I've done this and see if there is interest in a bulk buy :)
How did it go?
Cheers

I posted a half assed review above your post ^^ apologies for being too brief.

I want to reserve proper judgement until after I dispense an actual beer (not cider). Might even just hook it onto a keg in my kegerator and pour a few pots this weekend actually, rather than wait as the next camping trip I'll go on won't be soon.

But I'm definitely satisfied it's a good solid and well built regulator, the dial is smoother than I would have expected and the control is actually fine, you could easily dial up in 1PSI increments unless you have behemoth hands!

I've asked about the paintball adaptor whether it's the same as soda stream, also it feels like plastic, where as the other two adapters (16g or larger bulbs) are chrome plated metal. So hopefully it is pressure rated.

I've also asked about bulk pricing and details from the supplier :)

Sounds great. Thanks for the feedback/review.
If there's an adaptor for a SS bottle (or we can work out some way to connect one) I'll def be putting my name down on a BB list.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Might even just hook it onto a keg in my kegerator and pour a few pots this weekend actually, rather than wait as the next camping trip I'll go on won't be soon.

I've also asked about bulk pricing and details from the supplier :)
Thanks, look forward to both and appreciate. On BB list as well if all ok.
Cheers

CO2 Cartridge regulator arrived in the post today. Sodastream adapter is aluminium rather than steel but fits fine. Will report back after I try to carb up a 9.5L Corny with this set up. Will need a hose rather than hanging the soda stream off the disconnect. The reg itself looks to be a quality build.

image.jpeg

Hells yeah, Chridech!!
Thanks for the report.
Where did you get the Sodastream adapter from? Was it part of the reg kit, or did you have to order it separately?

PS: personally i prefer having the reg & bottle attached via a hose, and separate to the keg. Looks much classier than these "totes amazeballs" hipsters with their tiny bottles sticking out of the side of their keg. :ph34r: :lol:

technobabble66 said:
Hells yeah, Chridech!!
Thanks for the report.
Where did you get the Sodastream adapter from? Was it part of the reg kit, or did you have to order it separately?

PS: personally i prefer having the reg & bottle attached via a hose, and separate to the keg. Looks much classier than these "totes amazeballs" hipsters with their tiny bottles sticking out of the side of their keg. :ph34r: :lol:
The adapter came with the reg as did a couple of other adapters! Good value. Yep, keep those bottles tucked away.

Fantastic! That just made my day. (i'm easily pleased)

Totes onboard for a BB!!
:lol:

Hey DJ, any word back from that seller on whether there's any chance of a BB discount?

Chridech said:
CO2 Cartridge regulator arrived in the post today. Sodastream adapter is aluminium rather than steel but fits fine. Will report back after I try to carb up a 9.5L Corny with this set up. Will need a hose rather than hanging the soda stream off the disconnect. The reg itself looks to be a quality build.
Chridech said:
The adapter came with the reg as did a couple of other adapters! Good value. Yep, keep those bottles tucked away.

AMAZEBALLS!!!! Thanks for posting that! Interesting though as the seller said that adaptor wouldn't work with sodastream as they have a proprietary thread. So you haven't thread taped the thread up to make it seal or anything it just went on like a charm?

technobabble66 said:
Fantastic! That just made my day. (i'm easily pleased)

Totes onboard for a BB!!
:lol:

Hey DJ, any word back from that seller on whether there's any chance of a BB discount?
I did hear back, looking about $70each as base price for the reg and adaptors + shipping etc (which would depend on numbers and how we end up shipping whether to one central point and on-shipped or have the seller send them out to everyone?

It doesn't sound like a massive saving by time we stuff about with shipping etc so perhaps the alternative is just for everyone to buy direct at the listed price?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
AMAZEBALLS!!!! Thanks for posting that! Interesting though as the seller said that adaptor wouldn't work with sodastream as they have a proprietary thread. So you haven't thread taped the thread up to make it seal or anything it just went on like a charm?

I did hear back, looking about $70each as base price for the reg and adaptors + shipping etc (which would depend on numbers and how we end up shipping whether to one central point and on-shipped or have the seller send them out to everyone?

It doesn't sound like a massive saving by time we stuff about with shipping etc so perhaps the alternative is just for everyone to buy direct at the listed price?
Aah - hasn't been pressure tested yet. So maybe we need to wait until the SS connector has been tested and left to sit under pressure to see if there's any leakage. So I'll keep the champagne on ice till then.

$70's not a worthwhile saving?!? That's down from $99 - assuming I'm reading correctly and includes postage. 30% discount - Sounds great to me!! Admittedly the postage/pickup thing will be a major hurdle that might bring this undone.
Roughly how many needed to be bought to get that deal?
If it's not too many, eg:10, then maybe we could organize a couple of mini purchases?
Still worth pursuing I reckon.
Do you still want another one DJ, or are you out now?

I've asked for the details, but I assume it's not including shipping. So potentially only $15 saving less shipping and additional on shipping cost. I don't need another one but I'm happy to arrange the buy if it goes ahead (unless ere are objections)?

Bugger. Only $15 [emoji53]

No objections ere guv'nor!

Though, yeah, for $15 it may quickly become too difficult or time consuming to make it worthwhile to organize.

So, can you screw this reg onto a 400grm soda stream direct or via soda stream adapter and does this come with the adapter ?

Short answer is, we're not 100% sure yet mate. Chridech will need to confirm if his is leak tight with the adaptor. It comes with an adaptor that is for "Paintball SS cylinders". Looks like this is what Chridech used as per his photo above.

Ok , thanks mate.
I'll order one anyway as the 16 grm bulbs are cheap on ebay now .
Cheers

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Short answer is, we're not 100% sure yet mate. Chridech will need to confirm if his is leak tight with the adaptor. It comes with an adaptor that is for "Paintball SS cylinders". Looks like this is what Chridech used as per his photo above.
SODA STREAM BOTTLES

I'm sorry brewers but I have lead you astray. DJ L3ThAL is right to be circumspect. The thread for the included adapter (for paintball cartridges DJ says) does fit the top of a Sodastream bottle but it is too deep to press the release valve on the top. Therefore no gas. Sorry to get your hopes up Technobabble66 and Coldspace. Will have to find another suitable adapter elsewhere.

Pity, as that would make one hell of a turn key system.

I'll order one anyway to use with 16 grm bottles.

Cheers for the replies and pm's

Pity it doesn't come with adapter to allow it to screw onto normal co2 bottle. That way we would have a spare reg, could be used with 1 and 2 kg bottles and with the common soda stream adapter would easily retrofit onto a soda stream bottle.

Anyway , worlds not that perfect lol:)

Chridech said:
SODA STREAM BOTTLES

I'm sorry brewers but I have lead you astray. DJ L3ThAL is right to be circumspect. The thread for the included adapter (for paintball cartridges DJ says) does fit the top of a Sodastream bottle but it is too deep to press the release valve on the top. Therefore no gas. Sorry to get your hopes up Technobabble66 and Coldspace. Will have to find another suitable adapter elsewhere.
FFFFAAAAARRRRRKKKKKK.
Bugger bugger bugger.
Ah well. Still looks like the best mini reg there is. Just gotta find the correct adaptor...

There's no chance we could adapt the adaptor to work on the SS valve??

Thanks for doing that research and posting it, Chridech. Most appreciated!

Latest posts

Back