My $500 Brew House (with pics)...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gsouth said:
[SIZE=medium]Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As for the bed/mattress/hammock idea…I could do it, I’ve got the room, but luckily I haven’t had too yet![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The TV idea…awesome idea but at the moment I’m struggling just to get a wifi signal because of the sandwich panel. I think I’ll install a wireless repeater before a TV so I can at least get Pandora working out there (and access AHB of course).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Someone asked about air con or cooling. I don’t have anything at the moment. I’ve run a few batches through over summer and using the freezer side of the pigeon pair worked a treat. Even when we had a spate of 40+ degree days in a row the freezer sat perfectly at 18. I also cold crashed while it was hot and the freezer kept to 0.5 easily. I just need to remember to head up and open the door for a bit in the evening once it’s cooled down a little. The sandwich panel is a great insulator but when you have 30+ for consecutive days, everything heats up eventually. I was considering putting a vent in the door and an exhaust fan is the back wall connected to a STC-1000 that fired up the fan when the temperature inside rises. That would at least get some fresh air flow through the place.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]
gallery_23538_1155_27355.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I think the next plan will be, once I get the wireless sorted, to get some sort of internet connected temperature controllers to replace all my STC-1000’s so I can monitor things remotely (including inside and outside air temps). This would help from a ‘being lazy’ perspective but also help as I’m travelling for work a bit at the moment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cheers again! :beer: [/SIZE]
Is that a cable gland you've put the thermowell in the lid of the bottom fermenter? Neat idea - what size is it?

Love it!! Just went outside to have a beer with the dog and discuss where we are gunna move his doghouse to to start construction on one like this. I've spent enough time in his and i don't think my planned 3v will leave enough room. :unsure:

lael said:
Is that a cable gland you've put the thermowell in the lid of the bottom fermenter? Neat idea - what size is it?
Yeah sure is. I 'borrowed' the thermowell and cable gland from work. From memory its a 20mm. Its nice and easy to take off, pull apart and sanitise and when its looking a bit shagged, i just replace it.

What's the model of the fridge with the two fermenters in it?

I'm about to give up on bar fridges - I've de-gassed one attempting to move the freezer tray (after paying way to much on eBay), and a mate brought another one around that doesn't fit either of my fermenters.

Mick.

mofox1 said:
What's the model of the fridge with the two fermenters in it?
Not sure on the model off the top of my head but its they are a fisher paykel pigeon pair. There is a full size all-freezer and a full size all-fridge. I use the freezer as the fermentation unit and the fridge as a conditioning unit. Works a treat with a couple of STC-1000's.
I just found them on Gumtree and paid around $150 for both. Gave me the space to double production!

Awesome build, if it was mine I would also install:
  1. A Lock on the door
  2. A Urinal

Latest posts

Back