Pimp My TapKing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a ball lock pet bottle cap with barb on its way, a y- fitting and a keg king mini reg with 16g chargers on its way.
Im going to be hacking my TK so I can still dispense shop bought bottles as well as having a ball lock on the external so as to easily hook in my mini reg. The reason I am doing it this way is that I have only 1 keg atm and also wanna use my mini reg on it till I get more of a proper keg system set up :)
Ill get pics in the coming days

Would like to see these.
I am an avid tap king modifier.

So I wasnt able to fit the y-peice into the available space of the TK and breathing inyo it i noticed the stock reg had a very slow expulsion of air, i figured the co2 would leak out when no internal co2 bottle was used. so I kinda looked further into it and realised if you remove the TK factory reg (the white bit that peirces the bottles co2 canister) then you would still be able to dispense a shop bought tap king bottle with your external reg'd hacked tap king. The down side to this is you are not utilizing the 12g charger that comes in the shop bought bottle and in addition you are using your external chargers to dispense it.

So story goes on.
I did fit the ball lock to PET bottle adapter, I used the neck of of sprite bottle as a jam nut. And it also had a barbed fitting to which I installed the 8mm OD (6mmID over the yop of the existing tubing)
It fitted of nicely however makes the TK unit very heavy (as I bought a metal one).
Once the ball lock adapter and the mini reg and all that is attached its very busy bulky and messy looking.

The only benifit to this is that I can take it to parties without samshing t reg off in the boot (ad they are attachable) and that I know if I detach the reg itll hole pressure as the ball lock is spring loaded shut. Thus I can use the one reg on many TK and even kegs at the same time (unlikely sinerio).

The main reason that I did th hack this way tho is that i wanted to be able to disconnect my mini reg and use else where as I have a keg but no real set up yet (an im lazy and didnt wanna have to unscrew it and shti)
Anyway as soon as I figure out how to post pics from my phone I will

Cheers

Just finished off modding my tapking. I really wanted to be able to remove the regulator from it and move between other items (normal keg, growler, etc) without having the gas system open, so fitting a ball valve was required.

Using 3mm tubing into a 4mm plastic T piece works pretty well and the normal 8mm beer line goes over it perfectly;

A john guest fitting over the beer line hose and pops through the case;

The ball valve screws into the john guest fitting and has mfl on the other end;

The ball valves have a builtin checkvalve which in the normal use case is great but unfortunately I'm using them in the reverse so they had to be drilled out. Nothing the drill press didnt make light work of in about 30 seconds.

The finished product doesn't look too bad I reckon;

Rob.

I was using a tap king system and have moved to kegs.

For sale: 2x Modded Head Units for $90 including 2xmini regs, 10-12 tap king bottles and appx 50 threaded 16gr Co2 cartridges.

Edit: Hills Area, Sydney.

Back