My KK vs KL post was deleted - Why KK is not allowed here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also the LHBS won’t fill CO2 bottles from KL and when asked why
“we aren’t happy with what KL is doing to the LHBS landscape”.
There's a reason the owner of this shop is going to go out of business - and it's not because of kk/kl, it's because he's a moron.

Unless he wants to just sell $5 bags of grain all the time, he needs new things to sell to established brewers. kk/kl make new things. If the dude takes his blinders off, he'd realise it's a good thing

Woe is me he can't make a 400% markup on something anymore, now that the same thing is readily available on the internet for $400 instead of $1600. cry me a ******* river.

I would go for the KegLand kegerator, it has the tick of approval, it may be the Australian Communications tick of approval, but hey, maybe you get a free phone or something.:)
thumbnail_IMG_1816.jpg

All I wanted was a Kegerator while shopping at my LHBS and since some advice I was given by the staff, I now have been trying to find some truth to this “KK and KL” dispute.
Looks like I have found it.

I’ve been researching Kegerators for about a month and narrowed it down to KK or KL.
KL has their prices really cheap and smashes the competition out of the game.

I asked at the LHBS about Kegerators (as I would like to support local businesses and take into account they sell KK Kegerators) and was meet with a $1600 price tag on a complete triple tap set up. When I asked about the competitive KL product I was meet with
“I would be cautious about KL as they are in court at the moment”.
Also the LHBS won’t fill CO2 bottles from KL and when asked why
“we aren’t happy with what KL is doing to the LHBS landscape”.
Nothing to do with quality or style of bottle, just not happy with a potential repeat customer being made to feel like a idiot of buying at KL.

So I walked away with a choc malt 500g bag and no Kegerator.

I have come to the conclusion that both companies are good for consumers and good for competition in the market.
I was going to buy from KL but due to every time I returned to the site to purchase the Triple Tap Kegerator, something else was out of stock.

KK had the same Triple Tap Kegerator on sale and in stock delivered to my door for the same price (mind you it was on special for about $400 less than rrp)

In the end the LHBS made $4, KL unfortunately due to stock lost a sale, KK was the Steven Bradbury of the day and I got a good deal.

KK or KL I can see me buying from both companies over the duration of my brewing days and my advice is,
Fight it out amongst yourselves but, don’t make your customers look like idiots for shopping between both stores. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs knew without Mac Microsoft couldn’t exist and Bill baled Steve out at one stage.
It’s a tough battlefield that in the end only the consumer will decide who wins.
In regards to your LHBS not filling your bottle. I get mine done at a fire services shop. It only costs $10 per kg.......cheap.

Well it is less than half that of the cheapest price I have found at any brew shop. My closest brew shop wanted $130 for a change over! So I am pretty happy paying $10 per kg.
Well, they are overcharging. I get mine done at my preferred LHBS (not the closest one either) for less than that

My local charges $75 for 6kg, $60 is a bargain, as for the moron trying to charge $130 for a change over, he'll be one of the many bankrupt fuckwits that will blame Kegland for his demise.

I get my 6kg filled by local fire extinguisher mob. They charge me a dozen cans of megaswill.

It almost kills me to buy VB... But it's worth it for a cheap refill.

Well it is less than half that of the cheapest price I have found at any brew shop. My closest brew shop wanted $130 for a change over! So I am pretty happy paying $10 per kg.

Early on I went to one of the recommended sites from KL's page. And got charged $100 + GST. That was before I knew what the going rate was and it was my first refill. Not a LHBS, but a fire exhtinguisher mob. Ended finding someone a 40min drive away for $50 cash for 6kg.

Thats reasonable. Can you tell us who they are or where they are?

Thats reasonable. Can you tell us who they are or where they are?

Couple weeks ago I did a swap of a 2.6kg? KK bottle at Country Brewer near me for $29 (they said same price for either swap or refill if you want to leave it with them o/night). If there is one near you give them a call on how much a 6kg bottle swap is.

If you can make it to Keg King we charge $56 for the 6Kg or $12 per kilo for those who don't have our cylinders
I have one of your 2.6 bottles. How much per kilo for that. I live down past Phillip Is. Not exactly local to you guys so would be just getting the bottle topped up when coming past.

I have one of your 2.6 bottles. How much per kilo for that. I live down past Phillip Is. Not exactly local to you guys so would be just getting the bottle topped up when coming past.
You cannot top up a CO2 bottle. Before you fill it must be completely empty. Your best solution is to get a spare bottle as they are only $67.95 I think and just fully use and then swap it when you come past.

I just get my bottle refilled at the local BOC gas centre. $50 for a 6l, takes 10 minutes, is 5 mins from work and I can avoid the whole KK/KL/LHBS nonsense. I buy from whoever has what I want for the lowest price just like in every other walk of life. I ain’t running a charity

I just get my bottle refilled at the local BOC gas centre. $50 for a 6l, takes 10 minutes, is 5 mins from work and I can avoid the whole KK/KL/LHBS nonsense. I buy from whoever has what I want for the lowest price just like in every other walk of life. I ain’t running a charity
Bwahaha, have a look at your own previous posts.

Back