Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grott said:
You ******* beauty! All that winging Nullnvoid, you should be ashamed of yourself. Learn to be tolerant and patient like us older folk.

Oh blessed are the keg makers.

Thanks Zorco and Mark, you are appreciated.
I just won't learn will I!

Arrived today :)

esky-front2.JPG

esky-inside2.JPG

esky-inside1.JPG

What size esky is that one damo?

Alos, what size thread does that elbow piece take for a right angle attachment of a reg?

Lionman said:
What size esky is that one damo?

Alos, what size thread does that elbow piece take for a right angle attachment of a reg?
If I knew how to link other threads I would do that but I don't, so search for "mini keg esky build" and it has all the details in it. I'm also going to look into building one due to the awesomeness of it. The biggest issue will be sourcing the elbow for the reg.

Edit: spelling

Where did that elbow come from? First thing I noticed.

The CO2Art ones I bought don't seem to marry up to my minireg adapter.

Yeah found the other threads. The Elbow was a custom jobby.

Wouldn't mind a T30 to 1/4" elbow to replace the standard adapter on the MKIII reg.

Go to all that trouble seems a shame to use a Kmart esky. I did remember looking at those in Kmart and they looked like they could keep the beer cold for about 5 mins on a hot day.

Lionman said:
Go to all that trouble seems a shame to use a Kmart esky. I did remember looking at those in Kmart and they looked like they could keep the beer cold for about 5 mins on a hot day.
Apart from that all good??

Lionman said:
Ydfeah found the other threads. The Elbow was a custom jobby.

Wouldn't mind a T30 to 1/4" elbow to replace the standard adapter on the MKIII reg.

I have another cheap esky that keeps beer cold for 24 hours, that's sufficient for what I need it for. This thing is actually thicker, so reckon it will hold up just fine.

Whatever the situation, better than an esky with an open lid, a parka jacket or the foam ones.
Purpose is mostly for taking to bbqs, parties, fishing days, work balcony, etc.

If I need something for more than an evening or day, I also need more beer... In which case I'll take my portable 19L rig. That thing kept beer at 2 degrees for 3 days.

Worst case the kmart esky fails to live up to expectations it was $35, one of the cheapest components.

Woke up to these this morn'n, now if i can only get to them. Perhaps drop off instructions should have been, leave near front door as to be able to open front door. Maybe that's why houses have back doors.
Thanks heaps Mark for all your hard toil and Zorco for keeping those impatient ones under control.

DSC_02711.JPG

damoninja said:
I have another cheap esky that keeps beer cold for 24 hours, that's sufficient for what I need it for. This thing is actually thicker, so reckon it will hold up just fine.

Whatever the situation, better than an esky with an open lid, a parka jacket or the foam ones.
Purpose is mostly for taking to bbqs, parties, fishing days, work balcony, etc.

If I need something for more than an evening or day, I also need more beer... In which case I'll take my portable 19L rig. That thing kept beer at 2 degrees for 3 days.

Worst case the kmart esky fails to live up to expectations it was $35, one of the cheapest components.

Sound reasoning. Can't really argue with that. Are you trying to convince me to build one? :)

Edit: went camping last week and took a 19l keg and it still had ice after the keg was finished on day 5. Not having to open the esky makes a huge difference.

A quick soak in NaPerc, followed by some strong StarSan is the go for cleaning these before use?

Hey All.

I received mine yesterday. Do you think that I should be worried about the rust spot below. My main concern is letting this sit for a month or so unused (in between need).

I also soaked it in sod perc overnight and rubbed my finger on the inside to feel for residue and had a bit of black dirtyness on my finger.

Cheers

20170421_151520.jpg

Hi mate,

When you're happy everyone's happy. Keep an eye on it after a good clean. And stay in touch. I'll add you the corrosion PM just in case and you can access everyone's info to make your call.

If in doubt, hit Mark up (by telephony phone call :))

I guess time will tell, but these don't have the same strong metallic/rust odour of my infected ones, there is a faint wiff of something though, but will still receive a substantial thrashing, oops of topic, pre clean/sanitisation.

My min kegs looked top notch. B)
With that rust spot the beauty of Stainless Steal is its so cleanable. I'd be a little disappointed to see it but at the same time its deal able. I'd polish that spot so it doesn't return. Stainless Steel polish, then again any fine polish, tooth paste will do it etc. Hot and strong Sodium Percarbonate solution soak overnight if you want real insurance. A bent bottle brush to scrub the entire inside surface area.
Pressurize the keg enough to run solution through the dip tube. Good rince then I add fresh Star San to swish around inside and actually leave them on the shelf with the sanitizer left in there ready to shake and empty then fill them. I've done it that way with corny kegs and let them sit for months.
Ready to go. If your sanitation process is good then an unopened keg with fresh sanitizer left in it should be good to swish, empty and go to fill, for months.

Mine arrived. No signs of rust that I can see which is good. They smell a bit oily and there was some black residue in them.

One has some weird dents on the inside wall. They are not visible on the outside though. Are these double layered? Also a bit of discolouration around the weld.

Screenshot_20170426-205659.png

I have them soaking in sodium percarbonate for now. Hopefully they work out ok.

They are single wall, double would be pretty sweet though.

Clean as per the post above yours, good advice

Latest posts

Back