Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Zorco
I bought 2 of the 2 litre growler size and love them. But i a
Have noticed that some of the disconnects I have do not fit the out posts. Try as I might they just do not go on. The two metal ones do go on but none of the cornelius original plastic ones? Is this just me?

I also have the oring issue, had one emply what was left in the middle of the local pizza shop. Is this just a smaller oring required or can I stick other poppets in there?

Thanks
James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi folks. I've just taken my 5l unit from buy 3 or so and noticed that the nozzle weld has failed and it's leaking. What's the chance on warranty replacements on these? It's not had a lot of use and this is clearly a manufacturing fault

Thanks

Has anyone fixed any low flow issues with their mini regulators? I've got one that is slow and I'm looking for a way to fix it. Cheers

Aydos

Has anyone fixed any low flow issues with their mini regulators? I've got one that is slow and I'm looking for a way to fix it. Cheers

Aydos

By low flow do you mean you can’t get it above say 5psi or do you mean when you have poured a beer it is slow to bring the keg back up to serving pressure?

This can happen (particularly when the keg is full) if the carbonated pressure in the keg is higher than the serving pressure set on the mini reg. When you pour a beer the initial pour will come from the pressure in the keg and very little has to be replaced by the reg/gas attachment. You can check this by when the flow is slow turn the reg pressure up and it will move fast after exceeding the pressure in the keg. Hope have explained ok.

No it does flow slowly because i can take the disconnect off the regulator and it doesn't flow very fast at all with no restrictions. Is there a way to fix that issue up?

Mmmmm. Is there a non return valve that may be stuck? If not I’m a bit bugged as to the answer but will work on it.
Ps if you connect a gas source (bulb or sodastream) to the reg with the reg turned on and not in the off position you can damage the reg. (The instructions with the unit highlight this)

Give supplier a ring they may know the answer

Hi Zorco, it looks like i need to be added to the PM list too cos I've unable to drink the beer from my 5L keg lately due to a metallic taste. it was Ok the first 2 times I used it but next 2 were undrinkable. Cleaning has not helped. I'm afraid to use it again.

Hi Zorco, it looks like i need to be added to the PM list too cos I've unable to drink the beer from my 5L keg lately due to a metallic taste. it was Ok the first 2 times I used it but next 2 were undrinkable. Cleaning has not helped. I'm afraid to use it again.
Me too. But I accept them to be out of warrantee so I wont be making any claims etc. Just accepting a problem. These things are good in say short term or mobile option. Long term storage in these things end up tasting your beer after kept in an old tin can. I was sceptical as my past posts I think. I tipped 4lt from the 4lt keg kept for 3+ weeks gets metallic flavor that overpowers all the goodness of that great beer. Tastes like a farkin tin can! There must be some hack way to treat these things is there? What about a higher concentrate dilution of phosphoric acid. Its suposed to be a pacifier of stainless steel yeah? maybe?

ps. I've kept beers in corny kegs (including second hand) for months with no problems of metallic flavour so it is something unique to these mini kegs, very unfortunately. :(

Back