Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zorco

Reaction score
Let this be the placeholder.

EOI. It will be next year, maybe Feb so we have recovered from buying shit we don't need for Christmas.

Note, ATHB is pencilled in as the supplier, though he is not sure he will do one again.

(C'mon man.... we can get to V at least!)

But anyway,

No excuses for not knowing.

Plenty of time to mobilise.

A couple of us will also look into alternative suppliers as we consider the ultimate future.

I just want Mark to stay in the game

Zorco said:
Note, ATHB is pencilled in as the supplier, though he is not sure he will do one again.

(C'mon man.... we can get to V at least!)
seems strange you wouldnt want to.. pretty minimal organisation to sell a decent quantity of units

Assuming profit outweights cost of getting the stock + any DOA/warranty issues

Yep, on assumptions there me guesses the inverse is the case

If it's difficult to deal with suppliers, many retailers would rather drop a product than waste their time dealing with them. And if the quality is not up to scratch or drops, then selling the gear can actually end up in losses, so you may as well not bothering selling it at all. The last thing a retailer wants is a loss and a bunch of pissed off customers.

Not that I am suggesting that the above are actual issues in this case. However, it's important to realise that there's more to retail than ordering goods, taking money and sending stuff out.

What prices are we looking at for these? I'm sure it's buried somewhere in the other threads but can't find it.

Too early to say. Guess it will be near the MKII prices

Pricing from MkII buy was:

Full units consist of

Tank
Ball lock Head Unit
Regulator
Tap

Base unit pricing
2L Combo $135
4L Combo $143
5L Combo $159

Extra keg pricing
2L $30
4L $42
5L $58

Component pricing
Spear/Head unit = $65
Regulator = $39
10 pack of bulbs = $12

Saw these in action yesterday, nice units have my eyes on the 5L and 2L.

Q - Do the 'extra kegs' come with a sealed lid of sorts without the ball locks? ie. you can have just one serving head and multiple kegs filled, carbed and ready to go or for aging? Or do you need a ball lock head for all mini kegs that are filled?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Q - Do the 'extra kegs' come with a sealed lid of sorts without the ball locks? ie. you can have just one serving head and multiple kegs filled, carbed and ready to go or for aging? Or do you need a ball lock head for all mini kegs that are filled?
all kegs come with a screw on lid even the full units!

DJ they come with lids but get the ball lock head for both.

On the extra kegs, the lids have a seal, but it's just a screw-on lid, so the beer may lose some carb once you fill the extra keg, take the head off, and put the lid on.

The closest guarantee you'll get for having something fully carbed and keeping it that way is the ball-lock head. Then you can fill keg to keg. It's a doddle to fill keg to keg.

I myself would recommend just using these for serving, and storing your carbed beer in the original keg. Takes about 5 minutes max to fill one of these if you already have a keg system on the go.

Latest posts

Back